Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by jwcoombs, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, if it hits the right things, sure. [jugular, carotid, etc]. But from the pic, we actually can't say that it was very deep at all.

2. Pyramid

Pyramid New Member

Does anyone really think Negan did not consider everything Rick said? Negan is not an idiot though he clearly was in this issue. He was way out of character.

3. Neuropyramidal

He was playing a head game. But it ended badly for him.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

He got too caught up in the head game, so once again Rick was able to win with a good neck game. (Issue 57 reference)

On a serious note, I am honestly not too sure. Negan MIGHT have been being sincere. He might have been able to be saved. But y'know what? F*CK HIM! He's killed way too many people. I didn't even really care for Glenn, but he still deserved to die for that. More importantly, I hope Dwight isn't breathing a few issues from now. I honestly hate dwight more than negan. Negan is at least a very interesting and intriguing bad guy. Dwight just pisses me off. And regardless of whether the arrow was clean, firing an arrow from that bow at rick was risky at best. Previous arrows could have left residue on the bow meaning even if you dunked the arrow in sanitizer, it still would have been contaminated by the time it was in flight.

So, in recap, Negan deserves to be beaten to death by Carl and Lucille. Dwight deserves to have a gunked Lucille shoved up his ass and left there until he dies from the infection and turns.

5. Neuropyramidal

Anything's possible, but that would make the scene fairly absurd. His reaction was pretty over the top [complete with wide eyes and hand raised to mouth, lol]. And the idea that a guy who routinely burns other human being's faces with irons and kills messengers from other groups when the supply doesn't meet his expectations would be won over to a new way of living by a minute or so of speech [which talked about Negan's group making clothes for Rick's group, and repairing roads] seems too unrealistic to me. Sarcasm is much more Negan's style, and makes much more sense in that scene. It was the same way Spencer died. But true, anything is possible. Perhaps we will never know now. But in the end I agree with you, that he needed to die either way.

6. Pyramid

Pyramid New Member

That's exactly why I thought the scene was so absurd. Sarcasm is definitely more in line with Negan's character but I do not recall him ever admitting he was in the wrong which is why I can't buy the sarcasm. I want to buy that angle but give the reader a visual clue like Negan tightening his grip on Lucille or a sniper with a lock on Rick, something. It's a visual medium.

7. Neuropyramidal

I think the visual clue was in his exaggerated wide eyes and mocking 'thoughtful' hand position. He gave no real clues either before he killed Spencer. Rick just beat him to it this time. ;)

8. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I still think it makes sense because it's in line with Negan's character. Unlike the Governor, he does listen to other people. And he sometimes has the mentality of a 5 year old. After all, he talks to Lucille like a real person, and might even have a romance. He's been reading too much Calvin and Hobbs lol

9. Zombie Carl

Zombie Carl New Member

I actually thought that Negan was having an epiphany being how crazy he is and how he has quite strange morals and seems to be bipolar. Or he could just have been f*ckin around, who knows. Rick definitely isn't infected and will not die until the conclusion of the comic. Pretty much everyone else is fair game except for Carl. The group hug means Andrea will die soon. Also, f*ck Dwight for killing Abraham.

10. Pyramid

Pyramid New Member

That's how I read it.

11. falconsfan1

falconsfan1 Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS [video=youtube;p0j0lO7uQBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0j0lO7uQBo[/video] **** you negan, you can suck a dick you cant hurt us negan cause your just a dead bitch

12. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I said something about this way earlier in the thread. The 126 cover coupled with Rick requesting his little spec-ops group comprised of the best hand-to-hand combatants their army has to offer; has had me thinking there's something more to that specific request than meets the eye. We obviously know he has some big master plan, which has yet to be revealed. But we learn of it when he tells Carl "Stay safe. If everything goes as planned; this will all be over soon."--I think the Ninja Unit(as I now affectionately call them) are going to play a pivotal roles in Rick's final, masterminded coup-d'etat. The killing blow.

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I really want to see Negan beg before he meets his death at the hands of Lucille. He was a great bad guy, and i can't even imagine how they could ever hope to top him, but as payment for forcing all these groups of survivors to live on their knees, he needs to die on his own knees. reminds me of a lyric from an Oh, Sleeper song, "Hush, Yael."

"Make him beg for his life.
    Make him beg for his life.
    He made me watch as my family died.
    He'll never know what it's like.
    So cut him slow 'til his soul takes flight.

end him slow.
    end him slow.
    make him feel the rocks that her temple rode.
    end him slow."

14. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

I think Dwight stays. There's just too many interesting stories to be had there. There's gonna be a little fallout with the Saviors too. A bunch of em are gonna be all "we never liked Negan anyway, but we did what we had to do to survive".

15. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

I hope Dwight lives. He's currently one of the most interesting characters in the book. Plus, I like the idea of having a group member that half of the group hates.