Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by TheILLness, Apr 23, 2014.

1. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

so as soon as i found out i could buy the issue on google play i ran to my wallet. im still goin in to the shop tomorrow to get a copy before work.

well. the end of all out war. i must say, im sure most of feel as if RK got us again. it was surprisingly anti-climactic, but in a good way. the way Rick talked about changing things, keep Negan alive but rotting in jail. it makes sense there wasnt a huge blood bath. there wasnt even a notable casualty. RK said things would be drastically different after 126. and he was right. it not in the way most people guessing, but it works imo.

Ricks probly gonna be pretty much useless physically from this point out. i think making him a battle scarred, mental and emotional leader is gonna be great.

Dwight assuming command of the Saviors was pretty much a no brainer.

Team Rick, Carl, Michonne and Andrea makes it to another chapter. i guess RK still thinks its too soon since Glenn. but s/o to Sophia and Maggie, the underdogs still goin strong.

anyway. i liked it. kinda wanted something more exciting but im looking forward to the next volume.

#1 TheILLness, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  2. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

DWIGHT DIDN'T DIE!!!! HE BECAME THE LEADER OF THE SAVIORS!!!!!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY! I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE KILLED NEGAN BUT I'LL TAKE ANDREA GROWING A 3RD BOOB AND RICK AND CARL UP IN SPACE WITH MONKEYS BECAUSE ALL OF MY FAV CHARACTERS LIVED! DWIGHT'S AWESOME!!! YEAH BITCH!

[video=youtube;pIOOwhmkoLo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIOOwhmkoLo[/video]

3. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Ah! You beat me to it! You stole my discussion thread!! Why I oughta!!!

LOL; well played my friend. I guess I had a good run for the last 10 issues or so; it was bound to happen. =P

4. jwcoombs

LOL. As soon as I finished the issue I knew you would be psyched. Between Kenny and Dwight it's been a damn good year for your favorite characters. I think we're going to have to start paying a lot more attention to your theories and predictions. LOL:Grin:

5. jwcoombs

So, Dwight successfully played both sides of the fence and came out on top; just liked he wanted. Got his lady back and and now sits the throne at the Sanctuary--I actually kind of liked that little twist.

I can also get on board with Rick being dead-set on sparing Negan's life; sentencing him to life imprisonment. It's a good direction for the book, you can only be seething, savage, feral killers for so long. Eventually somethings got to change. They already know how to control the threat of the dead, so now that they're no longer at war with the living they'll actually be able to thrive. To really move forward in a big way; with the constant struggle of survival gone they can regain civility and focus on larger, denser, more complex issues. Studying, learning, and developing; making advancements and accomplishments for the betterment of their colony of communities and it's future generations.

I had hoped Carl would be Negan's executioner, I had even hoped they would keep him alive for a public execution(so it was pretty cool to see that Carl and Andrea had the same idea); but I was surprisingly pleased when Carl sneaked out to finish Negan but was culled by his father, then brought around to understand Rick's reasoning. It was that final piece in Carl's adolescent development.

All that being said; I think it would be cool for Negan to have a recurring role throughout the rest of the series. He could become a sort of anti-confidant for Rick; something of a pet, I guess you could say. Housed deep in the bowels of a heavily fortified prison in Alexandria, that Rick had constructed solely for the purpose of containing his fallen-foe. In his cell, Negan would waste away his days yammering obscenities and touching himself inappropriately. But once a day, everyday, like clockwork Rick would come down to the dungeon to visit his once fearsome enemy; and they would engage in a series of long, vast, and complex conversations and discussions. Rick updating Negan on the thriving community above; the advancements and accomplishments of the wonderful world he had forsaken. Negan would balk at Rick's ideals, even though they both knew that he agreed with them. But that would be a nature of their relationship, Rick the beacon of hope, and Negan the devil's advocate. A wise and considerate leader like Rick would realize the benefit in having a "consultant" of sorts, who would contest your every idea and choice; forcing you to constantly see things in a new light and from a different perspective. Ultimately allowing him to make more sound decisions.

And who knows... maybe there will be a Negan jailbreak in the distant future? Or at least an escape attempt! LOL:zombies_lol:

#5 jwcoombs, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

well, technically, Rick promised they'd keep Negan in a cell for the rest of his life. that doesn't mean he'll necessarily live long in said cell, if you catch my drift. Methinks Carl might Ben and Billy him-- sneak off in the middle of the night and do what needs to be done. fingers crossed. can't afford to waste precious food on a prisoner.

7. marsyao

marsyao Member

Make sense? Make what sense? This is THE stupidest issue in the entire "the walking dead" comic. What the hell is happening to Kirkman? He used to create such a masterpiece,in the past he will never write this kind of crap

8. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Rick, what happened to your promise to Carl? You told me straight to his face that he'd kill Negan.

9. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

So we have been waiting almost 2 years for this?

10. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

A change in tone is a pretty good denouement to a war. What is expected is death and destruction, but what typically happens is change; A shift from what was to what happens afterwards. It is hardly as epic as I had expected, but it was epic in the way that the overall story progresses.

Guessing at the covers now, I can imagine this group being a group like Rick's used to be before all this happened, and having difficulty integrating into the new society.

11. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

seriously dissapointed...I really wanted to see Maggie bash his brains in with Lucille...now they are gonna waste food and resources on Negan.....dumb dumb decision!

12. Psy

Psy Member

thank god that Negan isent dead.

Didnt like the ending tho, even tho i understand the reason for going that way.

13. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

They seem to be moving towards a more civilized society now

14. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Next issue is also basically the length of two

15. lucille2

lucille2 Member

I genuinely like your idea with Negan just being imprisoned and Rick having talks with him. Use him like Hannibal Lecter! I think he will try to escape or will kill someone who enters to bring him food, then he will die.

16. cpump

cpump Member

While im a little dissapointed not a bad issue hopefully they
    continue to use Negan somehow i like the idea of Rivk talking
    to him from time to time

17. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i have no doubt theyll check up on Negan in future issues

18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I only had 3 major predictions for the war. Negan's death, Gregory's death, and Dwight's death. All were 100% wrong. Kirkman lived up to his promise of making it unpredictable and telling a great story. I'm happy.

Of course I expected Negan to die but I like seeing the psycho have to watch all his power be taken away. He earned it. I think it's worse than death at this point.

They took the first step towards civilization and kirk actually dared take away our instant gratification for a better story! Bring on 127!

19. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

a few thoughts.
    1. Interesting to see them end a villain arc in a different way (killing them). Having prisoners for crimes is a step to a more civilized society.
    2. Still possible Rick will live to regret this decision, and Negan kills someone. It would be Rick, most likely, or even Andrea or Carl.
    3. Maybe they have a great actor lined up already, and Kirkman decided to extend the arc?
    4. Kirkman pretty much gave away that Negan would survive the arc in the AMA interview with reddit. Said he wouldn't have any novels about him, but we'd learn more about his backstory if he survived.
    5. We will most likely get a situation where Rick talks to Negan from time to time, and maybe even Carl being pinned against Rick by mind games?
    6. I saw quite a few parallels between this arc and season 4.
    a. The Rick/Negan talk in 125 was similar to Too Far Gone
    b. No one died in this issue, similar to "A"
    c. Rick/Negan fight, and Rick is saved by someone else. again like Too Far Gone
    d. not season 4, but the governor survived "Welcome to the Tombs", like Negan did here.
    e. Rick is trying to change Negan it seems, and the Governor tried to change himself.

20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I was about to search for the issue he said 4. in. I hope we do get backstory.