Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by TheILLness, Apr 23, 2014.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I just now realized something. This is a total mind****.

Dwight is officially comic Daryl. Remember when Andreas about to snipe him and he yells IM ON YOUR SIDE! Comic Daryl XDDDDDDDDD

Seriously though, someone needs to ask about that on letter hacks. Because that could be a crazy coincidence or another troll.

2. Arrow

Arrow Active Member

All Out War was great, but issue 125 and 126 were such downers for me. I hated Negan thinking his action were wrong. It wasn't true to his character. These two issues really paled in comparison to the Governor battle in Made to Suffer. Having the no deaths from the main group was a little shocking, but in the end I think All Out War needed a shocking death. I did love the whole mucking up the arrows. Great warfare idea!

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Andrea has sniped or attempted to snipe every savior.

4. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Oh that makes sense. I just wish he died after what he did to Glenn he should not be living! Lulz

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

i'm torn. I want him to die but i also really enjoy him.

6. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Haha yeah he is a great villain!but it's almost guaranteed that Negan will get out someway or another. Get a feeling he will kill someone close to Rick,like Andrea Michonne or Jesus , or maybe he will kill Rick. When he does gets out.

7. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

Rick is a moron in the comics...I can't believe he'd put everyone at risk like that. Keeping Negan alive is a mistake. Hopefully Carl fixes it before he escapes and kills someone else

8. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

The mucking up the arrows/weapons thing was kinda clever. But then again, it wasn't. I mean, what is it that infects people? The guts? Or the saliva? I was always under the impression it was the saliva, since it's always the bite that turns people. And no one's ever gotten infected from the blood and guts that likely got in their mouth, eyes, etc. when they were smashing a zombies head in. Then again, the Governor made out with his zombie niece and lived to tell about it. So who knows?

9. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

I get what Kirkman's doing here. He's burned through enough post-apocalyptic mayhem. Time to see what happens when people try to put civilization back together again. And while I think we're gonna get some more good stuff out of the Negan/Rick interactions, I just don't buy. The guy's a killer. He needs to go.

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I doubt that the saliva specifically gets on a wound outside of a bite often. If it's blood that is a different story but they always used the mouth to muck the weapons. We don't know and I guess the characters don't either. Zombies are weird. lol

#90 legendx66, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't understand why Charles Manson is alive either but society as Rick and most of us know it does not support that kind of murder. Rick is a cop and he sees a way to revive his old life. I also think this a more torturous fate for Negan anyway. He may gt out of course but that's a risk you take and it may be a good arc in it's own if it goes that way.

12. Arrow

Arrow Active Member

I always thought the blood in the walker is what infects people. Wasn't that clear in 1x02 and the same exact scene in Volume 1? The saliva could be a good answer to.

13. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

The consensus seems to be it's the saliva. Either way, it's a little inconsistent, given the Gov made out with a zombie.

14. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

There is no good answer to this issue...see Tyrese in the gym to kill most if not all theories. Infection is a matter of convenience for the writers. In the show "Tiny" got "infected" via a scratch. We've also seen everyone covered in zomb-guts and never so much as sneezed afterward. So pretty much the only way to turn is to die and the only way to be infected is to be written into it.

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Aside from the fact that we don't really know if Big Tiny was infected, because they killed him right away; Big Tiny was scratched by an exposed piece of bone from the walker's arm. I don't really see an inconsistency here, because once a person dies, the barriers between blood and intestinal fluids breaks down. For a walker, the 'virus' would be everywhere in its tissues and fluids, as it rots. It would be in its blood, in its mouth, everywhere. But a living human still has its cell membranes and tight junctions intact, so a 'virus' in the saliva would not necessarily come into contact with their blood/circulation. If a survivor gets blood and guts from a walker it his mouth or eyes, it would not necessarily enter their bloodstream. Humans have many types of bacteria in their GI system that don't come into contact with their blood necessarily. If, however, a person had an open sore on their mouth, and blood/guts from the walker came into contact with that sore, then they may turn. Big Tiny would die from a scratch from an exposed walker bone, and a survivor would die from a bite, because in both cases the infection came into direct contact with the survivor's blood through a wound.

16. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I would tend to agree but the the problem is that everyone is infected with the zombie virus which doesn't become deadly until they're actually dead. So while they're living it shouldn't exactly be a source for infection since it's already in them. Unless it's like the flu where they have a dead or weakened version of the virus and then along comes a full mature version of the virus in the form of Zombie saliva/fluid. But again, that's a severe stretch. Zombie lore just isn't really clear on this subject and The Walking Dead further confuses the issue by making it so everyone is already infected and just waiting to turn.

17. Neuropyramidal

I mentioned a plausible theory for this awhile ago. Everyone has the virus, but when you die, and the vessels and cell walls start to break down, the virus mutates to a form which can cross the blood brain barrier, thus making it to the brain, and reanimating it. Walkers therefore have the mutated version, so when they bite you, its the mutated version that enters your blood, crosses your blood brain barrier, and makes it to your brain, giving you a fever, killing you, and then reanimating you. We actually have examples similar to this in real life. There are bacteria that mutate when they come into contact with certain dead rotting flesh, and there's also prions, which mutate into a new form when they come into contact with proteins of certain shapes.

18. Arrow

Arrow Active Member

That scene irked me.

19. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

So basically your theory is that the zombie virus is basically dormant until the death of the infected cause to activate much like our very popular cultured bacteria (found in such horrible things as yogurt and cheese) then the viruses own electrical impulses (probably a bio-chemical reaction from feeding on the dead flesh) give new life to the formerly dead cells and will continue to do so until all of the organic material has been consumed. And with the dead consuming more bio-material they then sustain the virus and potentially extend the after-life of the infected.... Hmm...that may work but this virus would need to replicate faster than some of the more deadly cancers. It would literally have to infect every cell of the body and live in an area that is can't replicate or feed in(being the mouth). It would also have to die very rapidly when exposed to oxygen(or hydrogen) and even then wouldn't be very effective in Negan's mucked weapon scenario. Or maybe I got the idea wrong...if so please correct me.

20. Neuropyramidal

No, it wouldn't need to replicate any faster than many known viruses and bacteria. [although most pathogenic bacteria and viruses already do replicate faster than aggressive cancer cells] This bugs can replicate and multiply extremely quickly as it is. And it wouldn't need to be in every single cell, but a natural virus that infects dead tissue is usually ubiquitous within the tissue. So that's what we would expect. Its not that the 'virus' would necessarily be dormant while the survivor is alive, its just that its in a premutated form. It may still be a very active virus, but just one that is able to exist in the human without causing a clinical illness. Many of this type of bug live in us now, in forms of commensalism. It wouldn't need to die when exposed to oxygen at all. It could still live on tainted weapons as long as there was pieces of dead tissue or blood on the weapon. That doesn't necessarily mean it would be ubiquitous in the environment.

#100 Neuropyramidal, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014