Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by jwcoombs, Jun 10, 2014.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Hehe. Regardless of which one of us posted first, history will show I sniped you by less than a minute. ;)
    [​IMG]

2. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

[​IMG]

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

All quite true. But the cover of #127 showed us exactly what was going to happen. So you never know. Damn Kirkman! :zombies_lol:

I love the cover so much I made it my avi. :) And I still keep changing my mind about what I think is going on. Haha. Now my opinion is that it's either a thematic or a literal representation of what Magna's group went through after they left their last settlement. And hopefully we'll find out about that over the next few issues. Same with the tagline.

4. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

DAMN YOU!!!

[​IMG]

5. TheWalkingHorn

[MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] & [MENTION=25512]jwcoombs[/MENTION] we 3 are like the reverse Michonne and her walker pets. You two have me chained up and are leading me. :)

6. HondaS2kXD

uh... Okay. If that's what you're into. ;)
    Jk. I get what you mean. We're just monsters, too.

7. HondaS2kXD

Sweet victory. ;)
    [​IMG]

8. jwcoombs

LOL! We have seemed to form some sort trio/trifecta as of late. But hey; like [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] said, if that's what you're into, cool. But I definitely think we're going to need to establish a safe word before we go any further. :Grin:

9. TheWalkingHorn

You guys went there first! I'm going to call pineapple as the safe word!

[video=youtube;CXbCY_yRWOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXbCY_yRWOc[/video]

jump to the 1:40 mark

10. HondaS2kXD

You went there first. Just didn't realize it.

11. HondaS2kXD

But to get back on topic I'd say we're like two Joes and you're Daryl. Y'know... Minus the whole raping, murdering bit. We all share similar interests, claim stuff, (see above sniper argument) and are mild-to-moderate-ly messed up. ;)

12. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this for a while. I don't like the way Rosita treats Eugene. Yeah, she's hot and pretty, and if she doesn't want to be with him, then fine, but her stringing him along like a puppet is wrong. From what Eugene's said, it looks like she hasn't treated him any different than when they first met, so she still treats him like crap.

Just because she's beautiful and he isn't doesn't mean he has to worship the ground she walks on. If I were Eugene, I would say "Look, I don't think this is working. We're not happy, and well, I can't keep ignoring that if he was still here, and he so much as apologized for cheating, you would be with him over me every day of the week."

I get that nice guys finish last, but he doesn't have to put up with that horrible treatment. It's supposed to be a relationship, not someone dragging around another person on a leash whenever they want to. Eugene could probably find someone better imo, that appreciates him for who he is and doesn't resent who he's not. I'm not sure they have that much chemistry anyway.

13. TheWalkingHorn

I get that, and I totally agree, but something tells me she's actually NOT up to no good. Maybe they set it up to seem like she's messing around, but really she's got something else going on.

However to go back to just how she treats him, yeah, don't be with him if your heart's not there.

14. HondaS2kXD

methinks she has a mini Eugene in the works, and just is not sure how to tell him yet.

15. jwcoombs

You think? I feel like the comment Andrea made about telling Eugene before it's too late, provides some insight. To me that seems more like "You better tell Eugene it's over and you've found someone else before you keep leading him on and breaking his heart.". I'm probably wrong, but I just don't quite understand how it could be "too late" to tell your baby daddy you're pregnant. LOL

All that being said; I agree to an extent. You're right, she shouldn't treat him the way she does; you can tell Eugene feels belittled and berated just by being with her. Because she apparently makes him feel undeserving and not good enough. And I'm sorry, but at this point that's just not true; if anything he's too good for her. Yeah, Eugene made a huge mistake and lost the trust of many friends when he told his biggest lie ever and convinced everyone to travel cross country based on a complete farce. But I feel like Eugene has more than redeemed himself, and honestly if it wasn't for his lie they would have never met Abe, or even made it to DC. So in some strange, backwards way they should be thankful. Also, I feel like Eugene has become such an asset and a pivotal and necessary part of the community that he surpassed Rosita's status and authority ages ago. In the grand scheme of things it's more like Eugene is a noble lord and Rosita's a common, lowly peasant. At the very least, she doesn't have to love him, but she should definitely have more respect for him. He's earned it, regardless of the lies he told.

Also, concerning the bit about Abraham; don't forget about Rosita's true nature and how things were in the beginning. Rosita even states at one point she was just with Abe because he was an asset to her life/situation. He could protect her, feed her, keep her warm, provide emotional support, and try to find a safe haven for them to live. She was very open about the fact that she was initially using him for his "services" and she paid him with sex. It wasn't until Abe was with Holly and then died, that Rosita had realized and admitted that she had fallen in love with him somewhere along the lines. I think part of Eugene hopes that can happen for them; that she can "learn" to love him. But I agree that he can do better and he needs to wake-up and open his eyes to Rosita's true nature. She's a beautiful, exotic, you woman who's oozing sex appeal; for her entire life not only has she used, but depended on her "God-given-assets" to get ahead in life and obtain the things she wants. The sooner Eugene understands that, the better off he'll be; and he shouldn't feel guilty because Rosita will find another host to attach herself too before he knows it(if she hasn't already).--Not to mention; I think Eugene is actually starting to look rather handsome/strapping.

Last but not least; I know it can be a tough pill to swallow but, whats going on Eugene and Rosita is a relationship. Most relationships anymore are rather unhealthy for both parties, and I'd imagine the apocalypse would make them unhealthier because people would be partnering up for all the wrong reasons. E.g. they don't want to die alone, they need emotional support, they're living life at an accelerated pace so people are pairing up just because they think they're living on borrowed time. Most average relationships are actually exactly what you described as "dragging another person around on a leash whenever you want"--someone is always "chasing" the other in a relationship. The to parties in the relationship never love each other equally, the tides may shift and turn over time, but one is always chasing the other; bending over backwards to love them and do for them while the other just sits their and soaks it up, offering only coldness in return.

16. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I think the "too late" comment was about telling him before the baby bump shows and he figures it out himself... Women do not like to ruin that surprise, preferring to see the look on the guys face when they spring it on them.

I just can't believe that Rosita would be the cheater after all the hurt she went through with Abe. I think she would just end it before it got to that point.

17. HondaS2kXD

This.

OR... Maybe she's pulled a Lori and was sleeping with somebody else, but went that night to end the affair now that she realizes she's preggers. And she wants to tell Eugene before he finds out about the affair, so he'll think it's his. Rather than screwing with his head by telling him it might not be his. Stupid Lori.

18. lewh

lewh Member

I hope it's born with a mini mullet, i kinda miss it

19. Shallow Grave

Shallow Grave Member

Since Negan seems to have a handle on his swearing [for the most part,] I think he will convince Magna that he's really a great guy and that Rick and Co. are actually the bad guys; in turn I think Magna will break Negan out.

I also think that Magna and her group may have the mentality that Rick's group had going for a while there; the whole, distrust and overrun deal.

Last but not least, I think Rosita may be pregnant but doesn't want to get attached to the pregnancy and so is distracting herself/looking to get a miscarriage on purpose/trying to hide it from Eugene by going out on perimeter missions.

20. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

I'm guessing there will be zombies and stuff...