Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by HondaS2kXD, Jul 2, 2014.

1. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

this metaphor is beautiful

2. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I just blew it all over your face!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

2 man teams would be good (unless ken is the second guy) but I don't think a second road is int he cards yet. It's not that easy to maintain one. 2 would be hard and a second efficient route to all 4 might not exist

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yeah. A bit of a predictable issue. Still good though, IMO.

a lot of Rick and Carl character work. I'd say their relationship is just about the best it's ever been. Nice little nod to just after the prison fell-- Carl having to shoot walkers to save Rick. Nice to see they were closer together on it-- Carl was much more justified in shooting this time, and Rick was much more understanding and thankful. But I will say...

I don't think Rick can fight negan again. His injuries combined with the passing of time seems to have worn him down. I fear (especially considering how good Rick and Carl's relationship is) if negan gets out, Rick could very well be in danger. But we'll have to wait and see I guess.

And, as predicted, magna went snooping an found the prisoner. I think we all know where this is going. She'll probably lock herself in with him in protest of his confinement. Just kidding. She's gonna let him out and lots of bad shit will follow.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, I actually don't think so. I don't think Kirkman would give us another battle with Negan right after All Out War. I think she will raise a stink about Negan being locked up, and ultimately it will lead to an argument with Andrea, and her realizing the truth and trusting Alexandria more. But I could be wrong.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

No way Rick can fight Negan. He couldn't even before his leg. Negan always beat him.

7. HondaS2kXD

I'm not thinking a full scale battle either. But I do think she could let negan out and their little group could r-u-n-n-o-f-t. Would add a helluva lotta suspense-- a killer with a vendetta on the loose, in their blind spot. Idk. I think it would have to be something more major than an additional argument with Andrea. Negan is getting out eventually. And I think this is probably the best way-- better than some twisty plot he's been able to cobble together in secret. In fact based on the way he reacted to carl saying that he still wants him dead, I'd say corrupting carl was as far as he ever got in planning his escape. I think magna could be his only way out now.

8. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Negan and Carl buddies now? Bullllshittttt.

Negan hasn't forgotten about what Carl did to lady Lucille. Negan would kill Carl to get at Rick, or would he?

9. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Aw, it's not all bad. It's confirmed we'll be having a two-issue month in October! So, that's shaping up to be one stellar month. You have the premier of season 5, the release of the next novel in the series after the Gov trilogy named "Descent", and now we're also getting two comic issues that month. And Maggie is on the cover of one of them! The only thing that could make this better is if they release an episode of season 2 of the TellTale game. It's going to be sheer bliss.

10. HondaS2kXD

Yesssss! Omg I can't wait! And thinking of it, ep4 should be coming towards the end of this month. The timing is such that ep5 could come in October or November. I feel like [MENTION=26751]TheWalking Horn[/MENTION] now-- all caught up and having to wait for the first time. Wonder what they have planned.

11. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Yesssss! And October is my birthday month! Woo hoo October!!

12. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that part where Negan says, "That creaking sound I hear... Is that a windmill? Yeah... I thought so," was pretty creepy. He's been sitting there for years, taking in any small bit of information he can -- because what else does he have to do? -- making a mental map of the settlement, taking note of all the people who live there, plotting what he's going to do when he gets out. So I agree, I really do think he's going to escape somehow.

I don't think Magna will be the one to set him loose. I think (hope) she's smarter than that. It may be one of her group, though.

13. jwcoombs

Yeah, that was definitely a sociopathic-creeper moment. But at the same time I thought it was cool, just goes to show how capable Negan really is, even after all this time. He may have lost the war, but it barely took a toll on him, and he knows it. I think he'll definitely use that to his advantage. You know it's gotta to be eating at Rick knowing that Negan lost the war; but it was Rick who took all the damage and has the battle scars to prove it, a constant reminder of his arch-enemy's raw power and capability. The one and only thing that is actually keeping Rick safe is that prison cell; and a community-wide hated of Negan. But as time progresses, and generations come and go, people will forget and the wounds Negan opened will have healed. That what really worries me, that Negan still maintains all of his physical prowess(which honestly, always trumped Rick's). Also, the thing about incarceration is that it actually preserves and improves a mans body and physical status(providing the prison conditions are stable and not third world); because they are no longer abusing their body, no longer fighting or being injured; they can't abuse substances, and their diet is regulated and healthier. A long prison sentence is sometime like being in a cryo-sleep for 20 years. That's why a lot of convicts pay their debt to society, and after 20 years of imprisonment; they come out and are the epitome of physical fitness. So if Negan get's sprung; I think Rick will be in very real, and very grave danger. If Negan seeks him out and corners him, one-on-one, as much as it pains me to say it, Rick won't stand a chance.

Also, back to the creepy windmill comment; although it was very unsettling, it was very interesting(IMO) to see just how sharp Negan still is, and that he still retains all of his stretegic plotting and deductive reasoning skills. Because if you pay close attention; he confirms the *creaking* sounds as a windmills by investigating the contents of his food sack and discovering freshly baked-bread(which IMO is too much of an apocalyptic luxury to be wasting on inmates).

Lastly, concerning Magna; I don't think she's foolish or gullible enough to buy Negan's line or bullsh*t. I definitely don't think she would be the one to set him free. Honestly, I think the encounter between Magna and Negan in issues to come is going to be more of an exercise in trust; a plot device to bring her into the fold and show she can truly be trusted. But I don't hold some of the other members of her group in such high esteem; namely Kelly. He strikes me as the type of man that had things gone differently; and had he been approached with different opportunities; he could very well have wound up as a Savior himself. I feel like he may have some unsavory skeletons in his closet, and more than a little red on his ledger, I also feel like he would be the easiest to manipulate of the group. And if this is the case; it won't take Negan long to identify that trait and exploit it.

14. Neuropyramidal

I think a jail is a step in the right direction for civilization, but it may be a reckless decision for a man like Negan. He's a person who is a control freak, became a tyrant over hundreds of people, murdered and tortured to get his own way. At this stage in the game, it would have been better to execute him. He's in a make-shift prison without even one around the clock guard. Its only a matter of time before that situation would spell disaster, and why risk the life of even one innocent person just to fool ourselves into believing it will expedite the road to civilization? Maybe in 20 years, when a more complex community is formed, with a prison that is actually organized and under constant guard...maybe then it would be time to start keeping Negans alive. Until then, Christ, they are making bread! Josh's mom is knitting sweaters! There's an orchard for heaven's sake! That's enough for now. No need to keep Negan alive to call it a civilization lol.

15. jwcoombs

I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. Negan is not the type of man to be used as a vehicle for expediting civilization; he is the type of man you're supposed to make an example out of.

Allow me to quote Sean Mackiewiczs from this issues Hacks--

"And this is why you kill a motherf*cker dead. Nod your heads in agreement, yes, even you pacifists."

16. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

17. ZigZagMan40

ZigZagMan40 Member

Ugh waiting for the Telltale games is the worst. They play with my emotions more than the comics or tv show.

18. Neuropyramidal

Telltale representative Poo Ponit said in a statement to Gamer Magazine today:

"Due to unforeseen technical snafus in the 4th installment of the Walking Dead game, we have revised our projected release date to mid to late August. All other games are on schedule".

#78 Neuropyramidal, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  19. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

ya know i may have jumped the gun on my opinion on Magna. im starting to think yall are right and that this is just a way for RK to build trust with her not only for ASZ but for the readers as well. the theory that a member of Magnas group conspiring with Negan makes a lot of sense too.

im also wondering if RK is setting up Magna to fill the shoes of a strong female character. possibly Michonne. i doubt shes dead but right now we have Andrea, Maggie and Michonne. and for men we have Rick, Jesus and Carl in progress. Zeke and Dwight still need some more development before i can put them in that list. im not saying we cant have more woman leaders than men but it does seem like a revolving door for characters. ie Glenn dies, we get Heath. its more so in the show than the comic but we already have a bunch of characters weve grown attached too. it feels like adding another without offing someone just makes it more difficult to give each character the time and attention they deserve/what is needed to make them a great character we all love. or love to hate.

20. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]