Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by legendx66, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Bahahaa, you know I mean 'slather assed' in a very affectionate, almost sexual way. :). Now share your opinions immediately. :p

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

mm hmm :|

4. TheWalkingHorn

Ooooh, now that's a neat theory!

Seeing baby Hershel was bittersweet :( I really like the strong, leader Maggie in the comics. I don't see that playing out on the show though. At least not yet.

I have to agree with [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION], the talking walkers would be SUPER creepy, but I am skeptical as to if that's really what's going on.

Someone mentioned the picture of Carl and Earl together in a future issue, so I'm guessing he does still take on Carl as an apprentice. I'm wondering if there will be any beef with Carl and Rolland. I totally thought Rolland was a girl at first :p

I'm still not used to reading an issue so quickly and having nothing to move on to next... :/

5. Neuropyramidal

That's why you have the Telltale game and the novels for the meantime. ;)

6. TheWalkingHorn

Now why would I read the novels after I overheard you in the break room talking badly about them while shoving a stale doughnut in your mouth?

And you know my gaming skills are lacking. I'll be back at work tomorrow trying to get my room ready anyway, so alas, no time to be bored. Where did my summer break go :(

7. Neuropyramidal

I only talked badly about Fall of the Governor, and that wasn't a stale doughnut, it was my retainer.

8. TheWalkingHorn

You should keep that thing in your mouth, it's just good hygiene practice!

9. Neuropyramidal

That's what I said to my mail woman earlier.

10. HondaS2kXD

If you skim through this thread, jwcoombs posted a theory about the whisperers. His full description is much more detailed, vivid, and creepy, but what it boils down to is: they could be people who totally lost their shit and now live among the dead in a state of feral insanity-- eating raw human flesh, and even attacking living humans. It also works with the cover of 134, which shows a shocked Jesus looking at a zombie that appears to be clutching its shoulder-- as if it's in pain. And the tag line: "whispers to screams" seems to suggest that it is linked. Seriously, you should see Jesus's face on 134. He's like

11. TheWalkingHorn

I hope she handled your package with care.

12. TheWalkingHorn

lmao omg nate I totally was expecting Cage! XD

13. HondaS2kXD

Eventually @TheWalking Horn is going to give in and watch and/or play the games. And when she gets to [certain parts I won't list to avoid spoiling it for her] she's gonna be all like
    [​IMG]

and we'll be all like
    [​IMG]

14. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yes, the idea is scary. If I were Marco and thought those walkers were mumbling about me, I'd be crapping my pants.

I predict Rick and Maggie will try to keep this under wraps for a while, so as not to cause panic in the community, but word will get out anyway. I hope this situation doesn't cause the fair to be cancelled!

15. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Guys, you're never going to believe this! I didn't know where to post it, but I wanted to let ya'll know.

I actually won the "Best Comment" contest, for the issue #129 discussion on the TWD skybound sight. Lizzy Iverson emailed me last night to let me know I won(a little belated because of SDCC and all); and that I'll be receiving a signed copy of the SDCC exclusive connecting covers of TWD #129 and Manifest Destiny #8.

AHH, I'm freaking out right now! The only issue is, I have to wait for Kirkman to sign it, because he's out of the office. They offered to send the unsigned copies right away if I couldn't wait, but I chose to be patient.

Here's the email--

Hey JW!

Your comparisons were awesome on the #129 discussion, and we chose your comment as our favorite! (A little belated, we know, but SDCC swamped us! Sorry about that!)

Anyway, one other little complication, Robert is out of the office for a bit, so we won't have a chance to get a SDCC TWD #129 signed for a few weeks. Do you want us to wait to catch him and get a signature, or would you rather I send you an unsigned copy right away?

We'll also send you the connecting cover of MD #8 to make up for it either way!

All the best,

Lizzy Iverson

[MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] [MENTION=26751]TheWalking Horn[/MENTION] [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION] [MENTION=26682]Sharpie61[/MENTION]

16. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Your comments are always very well thought out and insightful, so you winning something for "best comment" isn't hard to believe. Good choice being patient and waiting for the signed copy. It may just be a signature you're waiting for, but you definitely wouldn't want to miss out on that if you had the opportunity. :)

Watch out for this "Lizzy Iverson" though…

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

That's fantastic JW !!

I'd wait for kirkman to sign too.. And then frame them!!

18. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll get around to it, I'm being trolling at that moment.

You might've gotten to this forum after posters decided I was Kirkman in disguise

19. jwcoombs

Oh, no; I know all about you Rober....erm, I mean Tony. LOL

20. jwcoombs

Most definitely! They're getting framed as soon as they arrive. I just hope they survive the shipping. I've seen some horrible things come out of the box at my local comic shop on new comic Wednesdays. But, hopefully with something like this, a signed exclusive variant, Skybound will throw some packing peanuts and bubble wrap in there for me.

And yeah; even though the exclusive variant connecting issues are awesome, and rare in their own right. I'm definitely not going to pass up a signature from Kirkman. I wonder if he'll include a short personalized message? You know, something simple, "Hey Jeff, thanks for reading!-RK".

Either way, I'm just so grateful to have won. This is a pretty big deal for a fanboy like me. LOL