Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by jwcoombs, Oct 1, 2014.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Here is it guys! What an issue!

By the way; I'm loving the animated covers!
    [​IMG]

Discuss!

#1 jwcoombs, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. jwcoombs

OK, so something is wrong with Google Play. This issue is selling for $14.99($9.99 if pre-ordered) and it's not available until October 8th. Something's definitely wrong; because meanwhile TWD.com has their #132 Discussion up already.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

For some reason I thought this didn't come out until next week. Whoops.

4. jwcoombs

Nope. I did too though; until I saw this--

THE WALKING DEAD #132
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN
    COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
    OCTOBER 01
    $2.99

“Happiness.”

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Excellent!! My night's just gotten 100% better.

Booting up my tablet and we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: Nope, I'm getting the same thing as you. Says it's only available for pre order and lists the price at a ridiculous $16.36 with $9.83 pre order. Get your shit together Google Play, we all know this ain't the truth.

[​IMG]

#5 BatmansHooker, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  6. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

Fantastic issue. Reminds me of leatherface a little.

7. jwcoombs

Where'd you read it? Google play is all messed up; and my comic shop doesn't open until 10:00am. :(

8. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

Comixology.

9. jwcoombs

We whisper and the dead don't mind!

Called it, Quislings!

10. jwcoombs

11. jwcoombs

12. jwcoombs

Finish him!

FATALITY!!!

[​IMG]

13. jwcoombs

I'd bet these masks are made from actual walker-skin

[​IMG]

14. jwcoombs

So, I guess since whispering is their big thing; maybe we should call them "The Whisperers"? That's actually pretty cool.

"The Pretenders" would be neat too.

I wonder if this is their leader??

[​IMG]

15. jwcoombs

I really enjoyed the highlighting of how far they've come in their ability to fight the dead. Rick's epiphany from "No Way Out" shows here; when he realized the dead were a manageable threat, that could be easily dealt with as long as it's done methodically, even mathematically, but never emotionally. I love the use of the formation; and Dante's quick thinking in being able to properly re-proportion or formulate the methods of the formation for only 4 people instead of 5. It seems quite useful and effective actually, form up shoulder to shoulder, and take 5 steps into the throng of the dead, striking a killing blow with each step, and call out your steps as you take them. When you've gone 5 steps, you all have strayed far enough(and should have killed 20 walkers) and it's time to regroup into formation. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

It's just too bad that the second coming of Rick from "All Out War" had to die; he seemed pretty cool.

[​IMG]

16. jwcoombs

The Atlanta Family(Minus Andrea)

[​IMG]

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

lol "called, it Quislings"...it took me 90 minutes to convince you it wasn't actually talking walkers. :p :p.

Anyway, this issue seemed a bit sparse to me. The quislings are interesting, but is it just me or was this issue pretty short, and spread pretty thin? Not much content here. Poor Doug.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think there was only 3 people. Dante, Doug, and Beard.

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this Quisling arc yet. But its still infinitely better than if the walkers were evolving. So I can't complain too much. But I feel like we're getting a bit hoodwinked here, Fall of the Governor Part 1 and 2 style.

19. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

I can already tell, that guy is going to be a badass.
    [​IMG]

20. Fenriradra

Fenriradra Member

I liked how Andrea wasn't really "abused" in the opening few pages - she's got enough of a head on her shoulder to play along with answering questions, even though she spells it out the consequences if they do anything rough with her during their interrogation. Wish they'd have shown a bit more of that actually - if only to know what kind of questions the "new group" would have for the community (I doubt it'd be generic stuff like how'd you set this all up, or a few questions about Negan and call it a day - Magna herself says they could be there a while).

Still, I think Magna is a bit of an idiot; and (can I say this?) a ****. But that's just me.

The sunset scene was really just wrapping up the Hilltop visit I think. I wager we see Rick leaving there in the next issue, and return to ASZ to deal with Magna (especially since a bunch of the big notable shit she's done has only been in Rick's absence - he doesn't know she broke into the jail or is about to interrogate Andrea).

Then the barn group. I really liked Dante discovering the mask, and the amount of detail in the final page was great too - but if that is representative of what they really look like, wouldn't the group have noticed it before any of them died? Yeah sure they had knives and were actively using them, but wouldn't a closer look at their faces show the mask just as well as the guy on the last page? I dunno it just seems a bit off to withhold that detail even if it makes Dante's "unravelling" more interesting. Plus he's the last guy standing now of the search party; he's the only one who knows for certain what those people are and it's only a matter of time before Rick/Maggie send another party out (presumably including Jesus, as per the preview covers).