Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 18: What Comes After' started by Negan, Jul 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

After 100 and the let down that involves Ricks [debatable] darkest moment I probably should put a lot of trust in these descriptions anymore. Theyre still saying 106 is going to be the real landmark issue...

2. Negan

Negan Active Member

I don't know about that. A guy on another forum mentioned how 106 would be Charlie Adlard's 100th issue. Since he was talking in Letter Hacks before the mention of 106, I believe that the "milestone" wold be Adlard's 100th issue.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It almost seems like 102-103 has a slight continuity error. In 102 it is revealed that a group of about 50 of Negan's men tried to attack Alexandria while Rick's small group was gone, and that 'at least a dozen' of Negan's men were killed, and the rest ran off. This should have really pissed Negan off, as losing a dozen men is a big deal. However, in the next issue [103], when Negan comes to get half of Alexandria's supplies, Negan doesn't even mention it. Its as if it never happened. And we can't say that Negan didn't find out about it yet, because later in 103 as Negan arrives back at the sanctuary, he spots Dwight and says "am I seeing a ghost?", indicating he had heard about the attack and thought Dwight was dead.

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

He ordered them to go without guns probably to show force or just test them. I think he expected it so he didn't care. He made his point in 100. They could have had guns if he wanted them too. He doesn't really seem to care about his men.

5. Neuropyramidal

Maybe but it still seemed inconsistent. He was pretty pissed the first time he lost a few men. And now he doesn't even mention losing another dozen? Especially since he thought he also lost Dwight, who seems to be a fairly high ranking, important guy. This sequence was just odd.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I don't think he would care about Dwight. He seemed really disappointed Dwight even lived. We also don't know the exact time the attack happened from when they left. The attack could have been finished that day before Negan moved on Rick at night.

7. Neuropyramidal

True, but we know Negan knew about the attack, and about the men he lost, because he was surprised to see Dwight alive.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

He could have been informed of the attack at any time before or after he surrounded Rick(or more likely ordered it himself). If he knew before then he pretty much explained everything in 100. It's possible he just knew Dwight wasn't one of the ones who returned though. Presumed him dead until he got back.

9. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I think both attacks happened simultaneously. The attack on alexandria occurred while Negan was killing Glenn. But sometime between Negan killing Glenn and Negan coming to pick up his first offering from Alexandria, he heard about the dozen killed. So it just strikes me as odd that he didn't even mention it when he showed up at Alexandria. Alexandria killed another dozen of his men, and it didn't even get a mention when he visited there? Just seems odd to me. I feel like it was an oversight.

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The saviors could have won easily if they were really trying. I just don't think Negan intended for them too. just a show of force to test the waters. Which means he knew people were going to die but He was aware that would happen before he killed Glenn.

11. Neuropyramidal

Well, he tested the waters already when he sent a smaller group earlier, and that group was defeated. This time he sent 50 people, I think it was a mission meant to succeed, not a further test. It seems he would have been pissed losing another dozen men. But I guess we'll never know for sure.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

They would have been armed if he wanted them to succeed. We know that now. The only reason he had 50 men with him with Rick was to show that he HAD fifty men. Probably the same thing here.

13. Neuropyramidal

Possibly, but his road crews that hijacked traveler's supplies on the road were not armed, and he wanted them to succeed. I don't think he would have voluntarily sacrificed a dozen guys. I think it didn't go as planned. Its just very odd to me that it didn't even come up a day or so later when he visited Alexandria, considering he reacted so violently to losing the previous few men. Its not quite consistent. But only Kirkman knows the reason for sure....

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Wasn't in a week later?
    edit- Yes it was 1 week after Glenn when Negan arrived.

#34 legendx66, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013