Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 18: What Comes After' started by legendx66, Feb 13, 2013.

1. marsyao

marsyao Member

Don't you think that shows Negan's weakness? He spares Carl because "Rick would have went ape shit and his people might have followed him into a riot of sorts", does that means he is afraid Rick fighting back? What kind of message Negan is sending? What if other groups learn what happened here? In order to have a dictatorship works, the dictator could be reasonable when his subjects follow his rule, but any challenge to his authority must be put down immediately, Carl was challenge Negan's authority by killing several his men in his headquarter.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

He isn't afraid really. He would certainly win if it came to a battle. He just realizes that he benefits much more from having them work for him. killing Carl wouldn't be as productive and Negan seems to care very little about his own men. Keeping Rick in line just benefits him more. If he is forced to kill them he will. Negan reasserted dominance instantly when Rick fought back. He showed his men that he is the toughest of them. That is why he leads.

3. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Was gonna answer you Marsyao but this guy said what i wanted too and probably in better grammar too

4. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

That was a great issue. I also noticed that Rosita looked like a Hispanic Andrea in one frame.

I also hope Rosita and Holly both are portrayed by cute women.

5. RideTheSpiral

RideTheSpiral Member

Well my "Carl staying with Negan" theory was wrong. Which I am not mad about, I liked that Carl was so relieved to be away from Negan. It was a nice Theres No Place Like Home moment. Ezekiel sounds like he is going to be one BAMF! Glad so see the he probably isn't going to be in Negans pocket, at least as far as I could tell from Jesus' attitude. And if you read Letter Hacks, I was correct about why Kirkman chose the name Ezekiel. Nothing biblical about it!! All in All I was happy with the issue.

A few things I couldn't friggin stand though:

"Stand the F up, you F'n F'er"

"Friendly as a F'less F on free F day"

And then when he told his joke about Carl....and then explained it. BUH-DUM-BUM-TSSS

I liked Negan a little more in this issue but stuff like that just annoys the crap out of me.

There was also that awkward moment when Holly was looking at Rosita and Eugene like now she wants to bang Eugene just because Rosita seems to be in to him.

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

No, my point still stands

7. Bob Oppenheimer

You are under the impression that the knlh way to show strength is by brute force. Negan has not seen any threat to his leadership that needed to be out down. He is strong enough to realize that Carl and ricks group aren't a threat to him (he could, and should IMO, force them to hand then all of their weapons tomorrow right?).

Negan sees greater value in keeping ricks group alive and working than he does in avenging an already completed deed (Carls attack). I would argue it shows weakness to imply the loss of those men is significant to you. ....your boy just tried to hurt us, what a fool to think anything he can do will have any effect on us...he must not understand how well I have you under my thumb.........

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

so does mine. Bob's reply mirrored mine.

9. 4nomads

4nomads Member

I liked the issue. I was glad to see it went in a different direction. I was starting to think the Governor storyline was being rehashed.
    I am looking forward to meeting Ezekiel! Looks like an interesting character for sure.

I am not a big fan of the Michonne storyline right now. Comics really lack strong female roles that are not overly sexualised. Enough bed hopping from the women in the comic! On the next supply run Michonne should get herself a vibrator and then focus on kicking ass and not chasing tail!!!

10. Beaugard Stevens

Well, personally, I don't think he left Carl unharmed, I think he did something sexually to him, and unfortunately, like most kids who get molested, Carl will not want to say anything about it- but I bet it comes out later. I mean, Negan kept saying he was going to do something to him, he had to punish him- then there is a period of time we did not see of them together and next thing we see is of Negan giving Carl back. SOMETHING happened, I don't know what, this is a sick f$@# they are dealing with, and they've been setting it up ever since the guys first attacked them with Abraham with them- it was mentioned again when Glenn was killed, it's just a guess, but I have a bad feeling about it.