Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do the others know about the fall?

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by offrope, Nov 8, 2018.

1. offrope

offrope Active Member

The last anyone saw Rick was when he parted company with Daryl to lead the walkers away. No one knew that he fell on the rebar and was badly injured, possibly dying. They next saw him at the bridge, where they believed that he sacrificed himself. We know that he blew up the bridge and himself because he thought he was dying anyway, but Team Family doesn't know that. And, there is no body so they'll never know. If anyone knew, I must have missed it.

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Don't think so. It was obvious that he was very badly injured though, so Michonne and anyone who saw him would have noticed. He was drenched in blood, but they wouldn't know the specifics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Someone (I think Michonne) yelled "HE'S HURT!!!"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I also think Daryl understood what was happening. Him and Rick sort of gave each other a look and instead of running to help, like the others did. Daryl stayed back and kept the walkers from getting to him. Even his reaction to the explosion, he didn't freak out like the others, he was clearly heartbroken but seemed to accept what was going on. So I think Daryl also noticed that Rick was severely injured and knew that Rick knew he wasn't going to make it.

So yea, I think they realized he was badly hurt, they just didn't know how.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

when I rewatched with captions on, Daryl referenced the herd going thru Hilltop. He knew what Rick was up to, because Rick didn't want to take them over the bridge out of fear it would destroy it, so I would think that Daryl could see Rick was to a point he'd do anything to get rid of the herd, and that included destroying the bridge. And Rick's actions were not those of him trying to get away. Daryl would have known where the dynamite was, he'd been on the work site.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think Daryl knew he was mortally injured, and probably why he is now alone, looking for walker Rick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Perhaps more to the point, do the others know about the helicopter? How far did Rick drift? What's the topography of the area? Are we to believe nobody else noticed A HELICOPTOR?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's a great point. So the bridge he built was a gateway for the communities but it became a gateway for the walkers. Awesome post.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've had this thought...we know Rick saw it fly over once before, and Negan saw it when Jadis had him tied up. But when it flew in to pick Jadis up i'm wondering, didn't anyone see it?

I wonder if Negan will ever mention it to anyone...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's a strange one to me too. The sky is quiet as well as their environment. You would think a helicopter, as loud as they are, would have attracted their attention. Hell I remember noticing the first airplane overhead a few days after 9/11. I would think they would notice a helicopter 3 years after not seeing any air traffic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

True, and that was illustrated quite well when the helicopter flew off with Jadis and Rick, and there was a really quiet, still moment before the time lapse and Magna's group entered the scene.

• Like Like x 1
  12. zombiemom62

Rick has been helicopter boy since he rode into Atlanta and saw one, remember Morales referred to him as such when they got back to the quarry? I wonder if that helicopter was part of this group way back then. And I'm imagining Rick slapping his head and saying "I knew I wasn't f***ing crazy!"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Although it isn't out of the realm of possibility since some helicopters range is about 1000 miles, it is highly unlikely that the are related. Atlanta and virginia are pretty far apart and rick saw the original at the very beginning. Probably more likely the crashed national guard helicopter

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

ME, TOO. A friend and I were walking in the surf at the Alameda beach after 9/11 and a tiny crop duster flew over. Everyone froze stock still and looked up and silently watched until it flew on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. zombiemom62

I'm wondering if this group will prove to be more spread out, with the ability to communicate with each other. I don't think they will be close by, judging by the fact Rick doesn't come back