Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do Walkers have associations with their pasts?

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by F.A.S.H, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

This ^ Although I think a very small percentage may be 'smarter'. The average walker has the IQ of a cucumber, I think some may be around a smart squash.

2. Benzel

Benzel Member

A couple of them were smart enough to pick up rocks to smash in the windows of the store front in series 1...

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I think Kirkman's zombies are going to be a bit different from Romero's zombies, we all might be shocked when something proves this in the Comics and eventually in the Show... Perhaps something like an evolved and mutated Walker, that can speak and think, and have an intact brain somehow.

Don't limit the discussion to the rules set by the characters in the Show or Comics, the truth might be much more complex.

4. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

If they do that, I'm done. IMHO it would ruin the show.

5. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Agreed. TWD has never been about the walkers and never should be.

6. F.A.S.H

F.A.S.H New Member

WAsn't this idea already done in a film, I can't recall the name, but there was a city very like Woodbury, and a zombie petrol attendant (again, another zombie who seems to have memories) assembled an army to take on the town.......

Maybe this is where it is leading with the idea of associations, and by evolution a sense of cognition...we just don't know......

Maybe Michoone's pets were not trying to attack, but trying to stop the slaughter of their kind,

We saw walkers following them to the crashsite so Michonne and Andrea do not go out of their way to kill a walker.

Just another theory.......

7. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I don't think they should have any associations with anything. If all that is reanimated is their brainstem, the part that controls only basic motor functions such as walking and eating, then they shouldn't have any inkling in what's left of their mind of anything else than their basic need to eat and keep moving.

8. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

A while ago I posted a thread regarding the same idea. I believe that it's possible that the dead keep memories of their loved ones, for example, Morgan's wife would visit the house that Morgan and Duane lived in during Season 1.

It could also be the fact that they just visit their death place. Because she(Duane's mother, Morgan's wife) did in fact, die at that house. Maybe Walkers just keep around their death place for most of the time. Just like Leon (sheriff) that was just roaming at the Sheriff's Department, also in Season 1.

Then again, Jenner spoke (when he was showing Test subject 19's reanimation) that the part that makes you "you" - is not reanimated. So this will pose many questions!

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I do...and first let met take a moment to say "YAG!!! She's turning the frigging knob!" Again, its something she's done many times before. Her body knows she has to do that to open the door. I don't think she's going in there to give her man and boy a hug and then thinks...LUNCH!! I think there are things that are held onto that are kind of like remnants. Anyway, like I said, its what I want to believe because the idea that there might be sentient thought in there, that they might be eating their neighbor, husband, brother whatever, and that somewhere in there they have the slightest idea of what they are doing is just freaking awful man!

#29 Felicia, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  10. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

There are so many things wrong with this post all I can say is.....:zombies_shocked:

11. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

It was Romero's 'Land of the Dead'.

12. F.A.S.H

F.A.S.H New Member

thanks Casca910, couldnt remember the neame offhand :)

13. Shonen

Shonen Member

Your refering to Big Daddy from Land of the dead.

[​IMG]

14. ostendadler

ostendadler Member

another movie where humans stand a shitty fight ...