Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do we now know why Maggie/Hilltop have a problem with Michonne?

Discussion in 'Episode 912 - Guardians' started by Chr1s, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

We have three things we need answers for, why Michonne is not on Maggie's good side. The source of the X scars on Michonne and Daryl. And why Michonne is in lock down mode. I'm thinking we are getting a clearer picture of the disconnect between Michonne and Maggie, and that might help answer the other two as well.

I'm starting to think the disconnect stems from Michonne refusing to help Kingdom. Kingdom is obviously slowly dying, we know the buildings are falling apart. We also know Zeke said they NEED the trade fair to open trade back up with the other communities. Basically Hilltop and Alexandria are thriving, Kingdom isn't. That wasn't a problem when they were all trading, but with trade cut off Kingdom isn't thriving nearly as well as the others. In the flashback Tara said Michonne wasn't willing to give as much as Alexandria could afford, so she took more and is leaving to stay in Hilltop. Michonne said Zeke wasn't willing to give up the Kingdom, meaning she knows Kingdom is dying and Zeke is being stubborn about it. Both her and Aaron mentioned Hilltop and Alexandria having everything they need, with no mention of Kingdom.

So basically I think Michonne cut off trade, knows Kingdom needs that trade, and that is the reason Hilltop is so pissed at Michonne because Hilltop alone can't support Kingdom. Michonne's mindset is that Kingdom needs to solve their own problems and that isn't sitting well with Maggie.

Now then why does Michonne feel that way? She said it's too dangerous to travel between communities. So it makes sense that if she feels traveling between the communities is too dangerous, she isn't willing to risk her people in order to essentially supply the Kingdom. We have to assume whatever danger she sees is also the reason for the X scars. Perhaps it's not that Alexandria took someone in, but they ran into someone on the road. Which brings me to the sneak preview of the next episode where we are introduced to the Highwaymen.

Perhaps Michonne and Daryl ran into the Highwaymen at some point and that is the reason for the X scars, some others with them may have died and Michonne and Daryl did some questionable shit in order to survive. Norman said they "crossed the line", so it makes sense that they did something really bad and Michonne decided that being out on the roads is just too dangerous and each community needs to stay behind their walls and protect their own.

The fact that we are being introduced to the Highwaymen in the episode that precedes the flashback tells me the Highwaymen aren't going to be a villain going forward, they are the villains from the past. So introduce them in this episode so we know who they are when we get to the flashback.

The only thing I can't figure out is how Oceanside factors in, because I'm sure Oceanside factors in. Maybe Oceanside was with Michonne and Daryl on the road and they died. Maybe Michonne and Daryl were forced to kill members of Oceanside in order to pay the toll. Maybe Daryl and Michonne escaped the Highwaymen and instead of going back to rescue the members of Oceanside, they just left them to die. Norman also said that only Michonne and Daryl know what happened, so I don't think whatever they did would have any effect on Maggie's opinion of them.

I really can't wait to see how it all unfolds, because no matter how wrong I am, I think the X scars, Michonne's attitude, and Maggie and Michonne's disconnect are all connected yet all separate issues.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I really like how much insight you put into what might be.

Apparently I must rewatch the previews though.....because I don't know who these "highwaymen" are you speak of. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The moment the Highwaymen were mentioned in the sneak peek this is the image from the MSP trailer my mind went to. Many people were thinking this dude was a whisperer who infiltrated the fair. He is too clean for that, clothes are not in tatters, has a horse, etc. Could be that this guy is coming to collect his toll. Jerry sure is giving him the stink eye as though he has had a run in with him before (possibly the same guy gave Jerry notice about the tolls to be paid)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@Sebrebc I seem to remember that one of the cast members or possibly Angela Kang stated that the X scars are not directly related to the rift between Alexandria and Hilltop/Maggie. So your theory is quite plausible

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PepperAnn

Did I not see this sneak peek???

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. PepperAnn

• Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

Omg I even watched that. Apparently I wasn’t paying attention. Lmao

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's why I really like the way they are telling this story. I have always been a big fan of this type of storytelling, showing us the end then going back and seeing how it all unfolded. Giving us hints along the way until we finally get that "Ah ha" reveal. Which I expect to be coming in two weeks. Side note: That episode airs the day I take the tour of Alexandria/Hilltop/Sanctuary.

This is what I was hoping for on FTWD, they sort of did the same thing only really really shittier. The payoffs in season 4 were nonsense. Where as these hints we have been getting are so subtle that I really hope the payoff is huge. Especially since, as you said, we are dealing with three different questions. And while they are all connected in some way, I don't think they are directly connected. The X scars aren't directly related to Maggie's anger with Michonne and her stand offish attitude isn't related directly to Maggie. So instead of just "How did they get those scars?" It's "How did they get those scars, why is Maggie upset with Michonne, and why is Michonne so stand offish?" So instead of one single reveal, we will get three.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

And all this time I was thinking it was as simple as Maggie being pissed Michonne has kept Negan alive. Simple enough and works for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It seemed to be implied that things had been smoothed over regarding Negan. It feels like the communities were trading until something happened, after Rick's "death". I would think that Rick's death would have actually brought the communities together until whatever happened, happened.

Then again, could also explain why Maggie left. She just couldn't stand to be around there any more, knowing Negan was still alive.