Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do you bring Tyreese to Shirewilt?

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by lvprguy, Feb 9, 2015.

1. lvprguy

lvprguy Member

If you're Rick do you bring Tyreese with you to scout out a new area? To me Tyreese would not be part of my A-Team, for sure Michone, I get that Glenn has been with him from the beginning so i guess him, but that third person should have been Carol or Sasha. I get that Daryl has to hang back because you don't want all your top guys in one place and you need someone you trust to watch the others, but there has be a better option than the babysitter.

2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you want him killed off, then yes lol

3. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

as the viewer we are at the advantage of being able to tell who are the best people to take on runs. i think on paper Tyreese is a good pick, but as we know thats not exactly the case

4. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Well Carol may still be mending some broken bones from being hit by a car a couple of weeks ago (although in TWD healing time, she should be in decathlon form). Sasha would probably have been the better choice.

5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Back at the temporary camp is Carol, Daryl, Carl, Sasha, Maggie, Abe, Tara, Rosita, Eugene & Judith

So a lot of other better options to take on a run than Tyreese.

But then, if Tyreese is incapable of keeping himself alive, in a house, with a small boy walker, then it's really his time to check out..

6. CoyoteTWD

True. I was just responding to the OP suggesting Carol or Sasha. In fact, if I was Maggie and Glenn, I'd make a pact to never split up again. Why take the risk of getting separated all the time?

7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I was just going through out loud who was at the temp camp with Carol to figure out if there was a better option than Tyreese.

8. CoyoteTWD

There certainly was. LOL

9. YR38

YR38 Member

I think Abe should have gone rather than Tyreese, they didnt really followed the "if you ever need anything for her (Judith), Im there" by sending Ty on both the Hospital and Shirewilt runs

10. makeupnbacon

makeupnbacon New Member

Exactly!

11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Carol would still be recovering, Daryl and Maggie mourning Beth and messed up emotionally, Sasha still getting over Bob, Eugene, Carl, and Gabriel and Judith - naw, So that would leave Abe, Tara or Rosita, they didn't know Beth and they brought Noah home for her. And it looks like maybe Ty became friends with Noah. So maybe Ty was the only choice.

12. lolhahaha

lolhahaha New Member

They'd have been better off with Judith in the Tyreese spot.

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Rick's reasoning was probably something like

"Okay, who should I bring with me? This place might be good, but chances are it's either overrun or hostile, which means there's a pretty big chance of being attacked and a main character dying. I don't wanna die. I should just take a small group, maybe five. Hmm… Michonne should come, in case there's walkers that need taking out. Glenn's fast, so he'll be helpful. Daryl? Nah, four important characters increases the risk of someone popular and relevant dying, I should take a couple of less important characters, like Noah and Tyreese. Yeah. They're way more likely to die than me."

14. SZQ

SZQ Member

Why wasn't Ty with Judith? That's his role in this world.

15. Grizzzly540

Grizzzly540 Member

Come on, guys. Why all this Tyrese hate all of a sudden? Do you really think he is not a capable soldier? He only took out a thousand walkers in 5 minutes with nothing but a hammer. He was the groups moral compass. That is a very important role. Hershel was practically useless in a fight, but his character kept everyone else grounded. Tyrese sort of picked up that slack, but who will do it now, Father Gabriel? I think he is too weak. Tyrese was good because he had the strength to choose not to be overly violent. Father Gabriel is non-violent because he is afraid and therefore does not have the respect or leadership to sway the group. I feel Tyrese's character will be missed.

16. CoyoteTWD

I love Tyreese and was very glad that he held onto his humanity until the very end. He can kill a hoard of walkers but has shown that he has trouble killing other people. And they were going to scope out a community of people. If things went bad, I'd want to know for sure that I had someone with me who could do what has to be done, no matter what we encounter.

17. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

To be fair, everyone on this show probably should have died about 20 times by now. :p

The god power of the writers is strong.

18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I hope Gabe becomes a gun-priest here, like a Warhammer warpriest. Keeping all cool but goes beyond to protect his flock. hardened by the enviroment outside the church and coming to terms with his days gone by sins.

19. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I really don't know why they all didn't go to be honest. Why would you want to split up yet again and leave the possibility of something going wrong in one or both places and not having your entire group to help out with the situation? Plus, Rick seems a little too willing to leave Carl and Judith behind - and I'm also surprised that Glenn went without Maggie and Tyreese without Sasha. The choice of Ty going to Shirewilt seems to have been made ONLY because they were going to kill him off. He even tells Noah that taking care of Judith gave him a purpose - so why wouldn't he want to stay back with her and his sister and even Carol who he bonded with?

If they really had to split up, I thought that Maggie (to be with Glenn), Abe and Rosita (because of their experience in these type of situations), or Daryl should have went with the Shirewilt group if anything. You would figure that the one thing the people of this world should know by now is that they don't have long to live and any moment can be your last, so why not be by your loved ones as much as possible?

20. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Member

I find it strange how Daryl was not there! I hope the writers aren't going with a "Beth is dead now I'm giving up" angle with Daryl. Rick & Daryl had such a close bond. They had each others backs. Michonne has certainly took that role now. I really like Glenn when he is with Rick (Please get him away from this GREATM stuff, just kill of REAT). Noah obviously goes (although now there's no need for his character, so can we get rid of him please :) ).

Tyreese is a strong lad though.