Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do you hate Strand now??

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Ouroboros' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Apparently the person Strand was talking to on the phone, is his motivation.
    He wants to get to this person, no matter the costs. So apparently, this person is a loved one.
    And since they are still in the early stages of the apocalypse, he doesn't get that, others will have your back. But he is smart enough to know, that there are people on the water, that are dangerous. Hence why he cut the tow line.

I think the next episode will show WHY Strand is acting the way he is.

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

This is the thing that no one else seems to have realized or vocalized either here or on the boat?
    You need other people now to survive period.
    We have seen this over and over in the TWD world and it does seem pretty obvious too but without a group that yo can trust to be there and have your back no matter the cost or danger you can not survive in this new world.

There is no way they would appreciate just yet how huge this is as a survival tool but more than anything else you will need to qualify others and see if you can fit together as a team and of course there is no I in team!

Now I am not suggesting that they pick everyone up and rescue them that they come across or anything stupid like that either,I am just thinking that if Strand were a leader or even aware of what will be important soon enough that he might not act like he does so far and the others would not want to second guess him and throw him off the boat maybe?

He needs to be building a team whether he thinks it is long term or not,only good could come of it!

So for all of his street smarts and foresight and gut knowledge and preps that he has under his belt already Strand seems to not acknowledge this simple fact enough to try to make some kind of accommodation with his new crew to help them work as a unit together.

I have no doubt that he thinks he will be back with disown team soon and maybe is just trying to get wherever he is headed at any expense but I also think this single minded pursuit will not be good to him very soon.

I really pretty much hate everyone on the show so far and none of them yet realize this simple truth about the power of the group.
    How could they? It has bee a few CRAZY Ass weeks watching the dead eat the living and something tells me there will be a period of adjustment needed for everyone,well maybe not you Rambos who know how well you would do in this world? But for everyone else!

#82 EZD, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

No I in team?[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BlackLightning

Rick would do the same for Carl or Judith. Maggie would do the same if some stranger threatened Glenn. Would you call them irrational or crazy?

Oh come on: taking on the boy Jake was not that big of a risk. He's only one person whose clearly still alive. If he dies, then put him down before he turns. And it's not like no one has experience dealing with freshly turned zombies. It's not that deep. And Alex wouldn't have left his side so it's not like he would be left alone and unsupervised anyways.

5. BlackLightning

Thank you.

Strand, as smart as he is, seems to be making a concentrated effort to make enemies. Because after this last episode, Madison, Travis and Daniel (at least) have come to hate him. Even though Nick calls Strand a friend (I seriously doubt Strand sees Nick as a friend), Madison is still his mother. If Ofelia joins the three, then Strand is grossly outmatched/outnumbered on "his own boat."

And to be honest, it's his boat just for the moment. Because someone can come along, pull the rug right from under him and make the boat their boat.

6. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

That's harsh on businessmen there! Most of whom just get on with the business of making and selling stuff. I'd say Strand was more of a con merchant, maybe involved in outright criminality.

Although I hope they're a bit more imaginative that making his Mexican destination something to do with a drug cartel, a la Breaking Bad and dozens of other shows.

#86 kivo1889, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Also remember: their choices are informed by what they did before the ZA. Rick was a deputy sheriff; he likes to lead. Herschel was a vet; he likes to fix people. Madison was a high school counsellor; she likes to help kids. And maybe that burned kid reminded her of Tobias—he sure reminded me of him when I watched Flight 462.