Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Advanced Warfare Discussion Do you prefer CoD without boost jumping?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by BradR, Mar 26, 2016.

1. BradR

BradR New Member

Advanced Warfare was the first Call of Duty to include the addition of boost jumping and I personally really like it. I feel like it brings a whole new level to the game and having 1-on-1 battles in the air is just great! What are your thoughts? Do you prefer it with or without boost jumping?

2. Squigly

Squigly New Member

I disliked it a lot at first, it made the game more chaotic since you need to change your aim to be much quicker against vertical opponents. I've gotten used to it by now though.

3. Potausen

Potausen New Member

I don't really like boost jumping. The concept is good, but it doesn't work, because the game is already chaotic enough, even without it. Having to check all the angles before was fine, but now roofs are possible hiding spots as well.

4. genevb

genevb New Member

Boost jumping was fun for a few matches, but it was very annoying on overall. I remember few days ago when I've found that concept in Counter Strike, back then it was something as there were maps where you could get on the higher places only by using that, but on COD it doesn't have that much of an effect.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Member

I've used to it by now, but at the beginning, it definitely was something I disliked. I could say the same thing about any new feature. Overall, I'm leaning dislike because it just feels unnatural and makes the game just insane.

6. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Exo boosting was annoying after a while. CoD:AW became a mid air combat shooter very quickly, which I hated.

CoD:BO3 refined the exo movement system and really improved on it, but I'm still hoping the CoD games can return to good old fashioned boots on the ground combat...

7. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

I can say that I prefer Call of Duty without boost jumping, although I still enjoy boost jumping as a mechanic in the game. Some of this may just be due to nostalgia from older CoD games, but I feel like the game was much more enjoyable without boost jumping.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

I think I'm going to have to sit on the fence a bit when it comes to the boost jumping because while I think overall, I think I prefer the game without it in, it can be fun to play at the same time like others have already said.

As a game series advances though, I think we'll see more and more ideas being implemented into the games, and I wouldn't expect all of them to work.

9. Destiny3614

Destiny3614 New Member

Eh... I use it but I think I could play without it. It's not a deal breaker for me to say the least. But, I do enjoy using it... I think it's pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

That seems to be the reaction of a lot of people I think, and for a game developer I'm not sure that's what you would want to hear really.

I suppose it could be worse, it could have been a disaster, but people being indifferent to it is almost as bad.

11. Spectre456 codf

I don't like it all that much to be honest. The whole hopping around like a grasshopper strategy has always annoyed me in these games, the jump boost just worsens the problem. I still play the game, but man do I hate all the bouncing around.

12. Gombafej

Gombafej New Member

Definitely prefer it without. Game is just way too fast and unpredictable like this.