Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do You Remember Your First Horror Movie?

Discussion in 'Horror Discussion' started by Muthoni, Oct 17, 2014.

1. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

Love reading every one's "firsts"! I have always loved horror flicks...the only bad thing I ever experienced about watching them is after awhile you can predict/anticipate what's going to happen. I think the last one I saw that really "got" me was "The Strangers"...

[​IMG]

I mean, sh** like this can and does happen in RL, you know what I mean?

2. TexinOhio

TexinOhio Member

Night of the living dead the original, which I didn't actually see until 1986 or 87 when I was 9 or 10. Didn't help that the house I grew up in kind of looked like the house in the movie and is out in the country with nothing around.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time, but even watching it as a kid the ghost scenes never really scared me. You'd think the terror dogs would, but for some reason it never even occurred to me that it could be scary. I suppose it's because as a kid I saw it more as a "superhero" film(partially because of the cartoon, as well) instead of the exceptional comedy that I now see it as an adult.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Thirteen Ghosts. The original movie, in black and white.
    Scared me. Now, I can't figure out why.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I've been trying for months, since I first saw this thread, to remember my first horror movie, but I can't do it. Even before I watched actual horror genre movies, I always loved movies or shows with scary parts as a kid, like the Indiana Jones movies, Gremlins, stuff like that.

Does the animated Disney movie The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1949) count? That scared the crap out of me every Halloween when it would be played on TV, and I loved it. :) Also the scary Night on Bald Mountain segment in Fantasia (1941).

My first real horror film may have been a Stephen King adaptation, because I started reading his books when I was like 10 or so. For sure I saw Psycho (1960), A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), and Sleepaway Camp (1983) as a pre-teen, when I was old enough to rent from the video store.

Does anyone remember Chopping Mall (1986)? I just had to rent it because of the VHS cover. :zombies_lol:

[​IMG]

https://youtu.be/I95XKH9SRy0

6. TheTylerWieland

TheTylerWieland New Member

Scream or Jeepers Creepers- Can't remember which one?

7. MetalSlasher

MetalSlasher New Member

The original Friday the 13th. Watched from behind the couch since I wasn't allowed to see it since I was just a kid. Been in love with horror since!:zombies_shocked:

8. Ricky

Ricky Member

I was around 6 when my mom rented the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. She was watching it while I was taking a nap and I, not being tired, sneaked out of my room to watch it. Needless to say I had a few sleepless months after that... :Chainsaw:

The first horror movie I watched of my own accord though would've been the first Friday The 13th followed by the rest of the series. Loved it! And still do, even the bad ones :zombies_lol: (Jason Goes to Hell etc...)

9. Cpt-Rhodes

Cpt-Rhodes New Member

I can't recall the very first one I saw, but I have an older brother by 6 years and I have fond memories of sneaking downstairs with him to put on some of our dads horror movies. To this day he has one of the best horror movie collections I've ever seen. We watched things like..

Friday the 13
    Nightmare on Elm street
    Alien
    Night and Dawn of the Dead
    The Evil Dead
    The Thing

And The Exorcist, oh man The Exorcist scared me ****ing senseless. Those are the earliest I remember. By the time I was 13 I had seen most good horror films and have been a fan ever since.

10. Rhovanion

Rhovanion Member

My first ever horror movie experience was Stephen King's IT. I can't remember the exact age I was, but my guess is around 8-9 years old. It had a HUGE impact on me and I completely fell in love with it, despite being quite afraid of it. It made me want to watch more scary films. I watched Pet Sematary and Silence of the Lambs not long after and it just snowballed from there, really! :Grin:

11. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

The first horror film I saw as a child was John Carpenter's "The Thing". I was around 7 years old, but strangely it never gave me nightmares.

12. USMC

USMC New Member

the first horror movie i watched was the OG Nightmare on Elm Street.... i was 8 in '84 and it scared the shit out of me...... and then i followed it up by watching The Exorcist..... but after that i was hooked on horror movies..

13. Sarah-kate

Sarah-kate Member

First horror that actually scared me cause I understood what was happening was Scream, I can't remember watching anything before that. Was at my best friends house, there was about 7 of us and my mates mum but a bloody mask on and was knocking on the Windows... Scarred for life and obsessed since lol.

14. mrwicked

mrwicked Member

The original Exorcist. Still hate that movie to this day lol

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

15. Sarah-kate

Sarah-kate Member

I remember watching this at a sleepover, falling asleep and waking up to the ending and scared the crap out of myself lol.

16. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

Mine was Halloween II, it was on television and my mom let me watch it for some odd reason... She was usually pretty strict about what I was allowed to watch.. I was maybe 5?.. Perhaps she was half asleep.. Don't remember

The scene with Michael Meyers on fire, breaking through that door and being shot by Donald Pleasance (sp), and the emotions I felt for that, will be one in my memory for all time

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Sorry, off subject....but this happens every morning so I decided to share. As I am looking through the main page of the forum, when I get to this subforum....the last thread is this one, so the title summary at the right says "Do You Remember..."

And every morning I spend at least an hour with that song by Robert Plant stuck in my head.

"Doooo you rememberrrrr, WHEN we met.....that's the day, I knew you were my pet....IIIIIIIIII wanna tell ya, how much...I love yaaaaa"

Sorry...it bugs me so I had to finally share. lol

18. TheHainted

TheHainted Member

Grew up in a horror house so don't remember first. Remember first "real" scare is Magic the movie about the ventriloquist dummy. First horror movie purchase was when we first got a VCR in the early 80s. I got Psychomania the occult biker zombie flick, been a Monster kid ever since.

19. GlennsCrazyEye

Childs play. I still have a thing about dolls.

20. neganswifey

neganswifey New Member

Chucky: Child's play . i used to get so scared of this movie when i was little :) the oldest parts are always the best, so its like that with this movie too, as newer were released i kinda lost interest in watching them :)