Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do you think Beth will kill Dawn & the Doc?

Discussion in 'Episode 504 - Slabtown' started by raven n, Nov 3, 2014.

1. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

She is a weak person who knows she is weak, trying to be strong. She is sort of a figurehead/stalking horse in her group & a bully. Giving Beth the key, I think, is her way of maybe 'passing the torch' to Beth because I think she wants Beth to take over. I also think Dawn knows her days are numbered. If she's smart, she'll let Rick kill the asshole 'cops', before giving int to their 'demands'. Her paRt is not well written, but the actress is OK, she's just working with what little the writers gave her. She may surprise you, I think.

2. OneNOnlyJigsaw

OneNOnlyJigsaw New Member

Just finished this episode, I think Beth will end up killing the Doctor but not Dawn. He has a gruesome death written all over him. Not sure about how Dawn will die though, she turned out to be worse than I thought when I first saw her. My guess is she will get killed by someone else.

3. raven n

I agree! I think Dawn will be offed by one of her asshole cops -specifically the Butthead who wants to let Carol die. He's a REAL piece of work, that one is. Lets just hope she kills him at the same time; save Beth & the others the trouble. LOL

4. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that somehow either Daryl accidentally kills Beth or one of his poor decisions made by his newfound soft side makes him indirectly responsible for her death. I wouldn't mind seeing Beth as walker eating Dawn. As for the doctor Inthink he will end up redeemining himself and somehow become affiliated with the group. There is a gargantuan need within the group for someone with medical knowledge after Hershel an Bob's death. It somehow fits.

5. raven n

Why do you want Beth dead?

6. Necrophile213

Terrible actress that isn't nearly talented enough to carry a main role. Her recent character development feels completely rushed and not believable. Fear of having my ears violated by her singing again. I blame her character and the possibility of Bethyl for Daryl's extreme makeover into becoming a sissy. I know how badly Bethyl will ruin this show if it happen. I've seen it happen with other shows where the writers decided to romantically link two character in which it made absolutely no sense to do so with and the results were catastrophic. It's never a wise idea for writers to sacrifice the integrity of a story in order to cater to a certain demographic of fans in order to get higher ratings and sell merchandise and that's the only reason those horrendous episodes with those two together happened. If she isn't dead at the end of the MSF it will be clear to me who the writers are gearing the series more towards to please and it won't be fans of the genre that watch the show for the reasons the show was originally written to target. It will be Twilighters that want to drool over Norman and cry over a sappy a romance between an old redneck and a barely legal spoiled brat. There are exceptions to this rule so that statement is not intended to all but is applicable to the majority that I've ran into that I want to see it happen.

7. raven n

I see. So basically you see any romantic entanglement in a show was death for the show? It's not as if there are a lot of femaled for Daryl to choose from & they gotta be 'gettin blue' down there. Him with Carol I think would be OK, but at this point, they act more like siblings than anything else & that might make any 'relationship' weird. The do seem to be rushing the evolution of her character, but remember, it a fast moving crisis - especially life & death -one either adapts or dies. Its that simple. And I've heard much worse singing -recently in face. The singer was so bad, it scared away customers from b=nearby booths. Beth is nowhere THAT bad.

8. Necrophile213

While I'm not a fan of Daryl and Carol romantically at least it would be more subtle and would make sense. Ive always wished that the writers would just make Daryl asexual. It would fit right into his character. Not everyone needs someone else to be complete and with the way Daryl was raised and presented to us for almost four seasons strongly implies that he's made it just fine for all of these years alone. Why risk ruining a great character like that just for the sake of contued development that doesn't fit. Developing for the sake of developing is not a good thing. There are parameters with most character. What are they shooting for? To have him going to suit and tie events if the ZA ever ends? To sit in a theater with Beth crying at the end of movies?

9. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Full disclosure: I am not a Bethyl or Caryl shipper.

I don't think Beth's character development has been rushed. We have been shown a stronger Beth since 4x01. The "old" Beth wouldn't have been able to keep it together after her father's death. In fact, her positive attitude/motivation incited Daryl to snap out of it.

I don't see Daryl as a sissy, at all. He has been progressing since the first season. I think all along he has had a good heart, but has been a product of his environment. He was never given the chance act in a caring manner, lest, be called a sissy. He has found his family and can now act how he truly wants to.

I don't think the writers have gone completely off track, from the original premise. They lucked out that Daryl became a fan favorite. It was long before Bethyl or Caryl, ever entered the picture. Do they know they have a cash cow in Norman Reedus- sure they do, but I do not think the show has lost integrity.

10. Necrophile213

I think it's been terribly rushed and force fed to us to make up for lost time. We barely know the current set of antagonist because the writers felt it more important to push this new "tough" Beth on us. As a result Dawn looks like a weakling because of all the shit she has let Beth get away with and we are heading into a showdown not taking this antagonist seriously at all.

Her influence on Daryl was laughable. Daryl Dixon should have told her to stfu and stop being so damn annoying. It made Daryl look like he barely even had his own mind anymore that he would allow a little teenage brat to have so much influence over him.

I don't think that it has lost integrity yet. Not to the the point that it can't be fixed. Pushing Bethyl will be what causes that to happen. Which is why I want her dead. Post Gareth this season has been horrible. They had something really great with Gareth and rushed through it so that the focus could be on Beth.

11. Prufrock

I don't find it laughable. This is the guy who was a near a breakdown over Sophia, 3 seasons ago and crying over his piece of crap brother in 2 separate seasons. Not everyone has to have an out loud meltdown, to be considered depressed.

12. Necrophile213

Not the breakdown itself. The poor execution of it. I just couldn't buy into a person that has been completely closed down their entire life after having gone through the abuse he has been through opening up to an 18 year old that has never known abuse a day in her life. That breakdown should have happened with Carol or even Rick, IMO. It would have carried far more weight to me.

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I reckon she'll take at least one of them down. Got a feeling the doc might find himself having a nice trip down the elevator shaft.

14. Prufrock

Everytime I hear that word, all I think of is (even though I was too young for it, at its time):

[​IMG]

15. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

OMG can you imagine the bethyl merchandise? Think boudoir cushions and fluffy slippers with beth and Daryl gazing at each other, one on the left foot and the other on the right? It doesn't bear thinking about. Could they really reduce our once great show to this? It's already suffering from an absence of team Rick for too many episodes and we were palmed off with Slabtown with beth and Dawn, good lord are they trying to ruin the show? I'm not averse to romance or even opportunistic sex on the show but it has to have a purpose in keeping with the plot, the characters should have some chemistry and history, I don't see it with bethyl or between daryl and anyone so far.

#55 Toothpick, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  16. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Dawn will prolly kill the doc and Beth will kill Dawny.

17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I'd settle for this scenario

18. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think you've got a secret crush on her ....
    [​IMG]

She is rather hot ...
    [​IMG]

19. Necrophile213

You're one of only two Bethylers I know that could say that and get a laugh out of me.

20. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I'd only tap that bellybutton [​IMG]tis my only confession