Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do you think Carl will kill Lizzie?

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by Ethan Kickett, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

The thing about Carl is that he is not a true asset to the group. You don't rely on him, he's forced to rely on you.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chandler Rigg's is a very solid actor for his age. By solid I mean not in the upper tier of excellence (The only child actor I would include in that off my head is Maisie Williams, that girl can act)but not bad by any means. He comes across as annoying at many points but he is also written to be an angsty teen. Being a teen myself he pretty much has it down.

As for the kids they are dealing with often incredible veteran actors. An 11 year old won't match them by any means. It's offset by weird random things and stilted talking being completely normal for a kid their age.

All imo of course.

3. Caryl

Caryl Member

She already does. She didn't hold it against Rick for shooting zombie Sophia. It didn't make it any less heartbreaking for her to watch but she knew it was necessary.

I don't know why everyone's already so convinced either Carole or Carl will off her. At this point we don't even know where her story is going.

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It mostly has to do with the comics. Readers have knowledge of a very very likely possible route for her character.

5. Smackledorf

Smackledorf Member

I agree. I'm not sure what everyone was expecting Carl to do there. Take the kid prisoner? It would seem like too much of a hassle with a one-legged old man and a Beth. Also, his kill wasn't premeditated like Carol's or Lizzie's rabbit slaughterings.

#45 Smackledorf, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I just think it would be damaging to Carl to have to kill a little girl, even a crazy mofo like Lizzie. Carol or Rick should do it.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I hope Carl doesn't kill Lizzie. It would be bad on a LOT of levels. For example, what kind of scene would TWD have to set up to where Carl sees Lizzie doing something worthy of killing her and yet no one else is around to stop it? Her being left in charge of Judith alone, and she starts strangling her and Carl runs back to get his hat, sees this and shoots her? Please no.

What would happen to Carl in the group after he kills the girl? Rick banished Carol, would he banish Carl? Of course not. Would the rest of the group give him a pass on this disrespecting Carol to her face like that? I hope not.

Would Carl killing Lizzie mean we'd be subjected to another whole hour of Carl trying to show his emotions? GOD, no! PLEASE, no!

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well the exact storyline has been done without either of those 2 things coming up already in the source so it is easily possible. I'm not saying i think it happens.

Carl is more important than everyone else not Rick so get used to him.

9. Morgotha

Carl may have been more important in the comic, but he isn't necessarily the focus in the t.v. show... or has it been stated he is by someone in the know for a fact?

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The "secret" that he's completely safe has been dropped by multiple cast members. Gimple and kirkman also guarantee it. Carl is the second most important character in TWD. Kirkman will almost certainly kill rick at some point but in the show live or die Carl will always be there and always be major. He's as much a main as Rick in terms of staying power. He is already much more important than before. Plus if Rick goes Carl lives. If Carl goes Rick is toast.

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well it's years off in either case. Nothing we know about Carl now will be overwhelmingly relevant 3 seasons or 100 issues from now.

12. Morgotha

Well, I suppose that's the way it's supposed to be, the son supplanting the father. In this case I don't like it.

13. Caryl

Caryl Member

I don't like it either. Neither one of them deserves to be a leader. Maybe part of a council but not the sole authority. Carl is a kid and Rick isn't mentally stable enough.

14. luvmichonne

luvmichonne Member

Lizzie is going crazy. Carl isn't as brave or smart, but I think he will become more than what he is (I personally think Rick will eventually die and Carl will become the new badass leader) Lizzie is twisted and she will eventually push it too far, and probably right in front of Carl. I imagine this will take up half a season because Carl will kill her and have to find a way to come back from it. I don't think Carl will ever find out about the suffocating incident though. Lizzie is just like Shane, a natural born leader that sadly goes too far. Except for the fact that she isn't an actor

15. cpump

cpump Member

I hope so thts a story ive been waiting to happen and it dhould
    by seasons end

16. luvmichonne

luvmichonne Member

Did you go to school for this? Nice job. I'm impressed :)

17. ILove_TheGov

ILove_TheGov Member

I sure hope so.

18. ClassicGamer

ClassicGamer Member

I don't know whether that school is the neatest thing ever, or the worst possible use of taxpayers money.

19. chestylarue211

chestylarue211 New Member

i think you're forgetting that she nearly killed a baby (and it was obvious that she was mentally unhinged at that moment and not just trying to keep her quiet) and killed a bunch of small rabbits for no apparent reason.

and it most likely wasn't to eat them, or she would have said "hey tyreese, lets eat these rabbits" or something, or at least taken them.

killing small animals without any reason is one of the earliest signs of a serial killer.

20. AndyChicago

AndyChicago Member

They totally redid the comics, so I don't think it will be Carl. Carol is alive now, and given her new found pragmatism, it would be poetic irony if she did it. She would have an Of Mice and Men moment that would make the sequence a little less controversial. My #2 choice would be Rick, just to make him a hypocrite and admit that Carol was right when it comes to necessary evils. I guess Tyreese would be my third choice.

The fourth option, and it is a possibility, is that they just banish or abandon her.

#60 AndyChicago, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014