Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Does anyone (else) think the Gov was bitten?

Discussion in 'Episode 314 - Prey' started by cnaf, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Conch Republican

That's reanimate . . . doesn't say anything about how long it takes for the fever to kill you.

2. Cons72

Cons72 Member

The Governor is already a villian. But for all that, he still does try and protect the people already in Woodbury, even if it is in his own power hungry way.

A Governor that knew he was going to die would not hesitate to sacrifice every person in Woodbury just to kill Rick, Merle and Michonne before he dies.

He would be completely off the rails.

3. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

Very true, my bad.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

There are only two episodes so conceivably they could have it play out that he was bitten or scratched. It's been awhile now, but I believe it took Jim in Season 1 sometime to turn.

5. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

It would be interesting if we saw him buckle up his sleeve and a bitemark would be there.

6. Conch Republican

And he wears it like a badge . . .

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I thought that in the beginning, and I'm not changing my mind - I think that he was not bitten. I didn't see anything strange, he was the same, but maybe he was like that because of the truth that he found Andrea. That's all.

8. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

yeah but the governor is a major character this season, and I'm sure his story arc (and Woodbury's) can expand to season 4, we are just starting to see his real bad side, again I think it's just too soon

9. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Do you not recall when the Governor told Andrea: who cares if they all leave (all the Woodbury residents)("let' em")? He IS in the process of sacrificing every member of Woodbury. First he tells them they need to get trained in guns, then he confiscates all the guns. Even Milton knows the so-called vision of taking back the world is total baloney as far as the Governor goes. He'd rather torture people in the basements of Woodbury. He IS completely off the rails.

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

He has been a major character this season but I think they've played their hand with him. There aren't many cards left in the deck now that Andrea is against him. He's already kidnapped 2 members of the prison crew, they were rescued, then they went back to get both Daryl and Merle. Then he attacked with his walker delivery truck and shot Axel. We're going to have some other battle this season too. I don't know where else they can go, unless they decide to have him leave the stage a bit as Morgan and Merle did. Even Milton is turning against him now as well.

11. lsiebrand

lsiebrand New Member

I hope that governor survive this season finale, but i think they will end this arc in this season. Probably we will have an attack to prison on season finale and governor get killed buy someone ( that would be sad, because governor is great character and had a great history)

12. Bhante

Bhante Member

Jim was bitten and he lasted a long time with the fever.

13. Bhante

Bhante Member

I agree, and the best revenge would be to make sure he knows you will let him turn and NOT kill him so he will live as the only biter with an eye-patch.

14. Bhante

Bhante Member

I don't see the Governor "protecting" the people in town anymore than the bank robber who "protects" the hostages he surrounds himself with to avoid police snipers.

15. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

Okay, there's something about the virus that has been bothering me for awhile. If everyone already has the virus, and turns no matter how they die, is just getting scratched or lightly bit by a zombie going to ALSO make you turn? I wouldn't think so, or you would have people turning after getting splashed with blood every time they break one open. I can see dying from the loss of blood, or nasty infection you'd get, but couldn't you survive that if you are lucky enough to get proper care?

This is my first post, and I hope I'm not opening myself up to too much ridicule...

16. Eat ALL the Cheese!

If you get bit by a zombie what kills you is the INFECTION that comes from the bite, not the actual bite.

It's like getting bit by a wolf or a bear with rabies and other diseases.

Zombies are disease ridden. They're rotten bodies. When they bite you, they pass on all that awful bacteria they carry. Your system doesn't have enough anti-bodies to stage off all those diseases. You can't go to a hospital and get treated. You can't get a shot cause there's no doctors and there's no shots. You die of INFECTION. Then, because you die, you turn into a Zombie.

Some people, like Amy, die faster because they get bit in vital areas. She was bit in the neck, so she bled to death. Jim was chomped in the stomach, the bite didn't cause damage to any vital organs. Jim was the perfect example of someone who died of infection. He lasted a while before he died. But he didn't die because he got bit. Glenn could've bit him in the stomach and Jim would still be alive. He died because he was bit by a bacteria, disease ridden zombie. He died of infection.

It's pretty simple.

17. Morgan Freeman

This is perfect explanation.

18. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I watched Prey again the other night with the wifey. While he may not have been bitten, I still think he was injured in some way by the way he carried himself and moved his coat around. He seems to be trying to hide the fact that he is weakened.

I could just be seeing something that is not there.

19. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

He may be bitten and he may not, ultimately either way I'll be okay with it. But I will be very disappointed if they don't show HOW he escaped the warehouse. Putting a character in an impossible situation, cutting scene and then later just saying, "Oh look, he survived!" is cheap writing.

20. Lenny

Lenny Member

I don't think he was bitten. I think Andrea put up a good fight that's all...unfortunately not good enough!!