Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Multiplayer Does IW update this game for too many times?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by jeszkar, May 14, 2014.

1. jeszkar

jeszkar Active Member

At MW3 and BO2 I was happy for the updates. Those were the only 2 COD games where the devs wanted to fix the issues.

Ghosts is a similar story but I starting to feel they update this game too much. For example why we need a 3rd IED nerf? I understand it was a little too strong but since (I think the) second nerf you were able to dodge it with jumping or crounching. But since the last nerf both of this move protect you from the IED's. Why did the IED only working when you stand still. That's some crappy equipment. It's not even logical.

But it's not just the IED. Why they buff and then nerf the CBJ. It doesn't make any sense.

Also - this one is a little old story - but I was never able to try out the good version of MSBS. Because since the nerf it's probably the weakest of AR's.

2. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

People won't shut up about some of the stuff and they listen every time. The patches to the submachine guns are face palms. First they buff them slightly (good), then they scale it back (bad).

They did the exact same thing with the MSBS. It was wrongfully patched the first time and they realized the mistake and altered another aspect of it.

BO2 was overpatched. It was basically "leave no gun unturned" and a bunch of it was screwed up reactions to people complaining. So much was weakened for no reason.

The less patches to guns for the main part of the game, the better. It's best to fix the game itself and also tend to the more notable guns in the first few months. MW3 followed this, although the patch history was marred with some screw-ups (shotguns was funny and they went the wrong way with the FMG-9s). However, the later weapon buffs for select weapons was great. At the point in a game's life, any nerfs should be taken care of a long time ago and some re-balancing can be applied to give new life to some weapons. The back and forth circus in BO2 and Ghosts is uneeded and just caters to people whining about weapons being overpowered. Worse if nothing was really broken to begin with (MSBS in Ghosts and everything that was ever nerfed in BO2).

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeszkar

jeszkar Active Member

I haven't got a problem with the BO2 updates. Most of them was minor.

4. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

What happened to IED's now?

5. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Something on the lines of the damage reduction bring more available when attempting to dodge. Apparently much easier to not die from them now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

i was complaining last year that the LMGs in Blackops2 was nerf to death guess they were trying to turn a support weapon into a rushers weapon and ruined the damn thing.the weapons in MW3 must have been returned to what they use to be now any LMG can kill across any map and now can clear a room with no problems i am NOT a good player so the weapons have had to been improved.Ghost is hopeless the only real balance in COD is "Lag" it makes everybody equal.:pout::pout::pout:

#6 MERCURYSB3, May 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I find Driftor's videos to be very well presented and informative. Thanks for clearing that up for me gentlemen...

8. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I for one, love this IED nerf. They were so annoying and sometimes hard to avoid. Now I can just crouch like I did in BO2.

PSIII, while I agree with you on most parts, I disagree that BO2 never needed a patch.

The MSMC and PDW needed a nerf as well as the An-94 which I'm sure recieved one. They weren't just good, they were flat out amazing and still are. So the slight nerf wasn't a big deal.

Everything else that happened in BO2 was unnecessary. Especially the snipers, that was a huge screw up on their part.

This is just my personal opinion of course.

9. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

don't how many here have gone back to MW3 even for a couple of games but it feels like the weapons in MW3 are
    "monsters"maybe they got turned up a little just to keep the loyal players coming back to MW3.just for the hell of it
    i would check the xbox list of "friends you have met"there not really friends but gamers you played with and against and all would have MW3 as shooter game with no Blackops2 or ghost or Battlefield in list.what ever had been done to MW3 seems really balanced.:rapture: