Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Does Rick's group really need Andrea back?

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by Voncroy, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Machete

Machete Active Member

I would like to volunteer to impregnant Andrea.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

If that was the case they shouldn't bother trying. Once society collapses who'se going to find a cure? No one.

Far better to repopulate like crazy with everyone under the firm understanding about bashing in the skull of anyone who dies for any reason. People'd rebuild in time.

3. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I would start to like her more if she went back to Rick's group.. That's for sure.

4. Zombie Guts

Zombie Guts Member

HAH, yah I am sure many would

5. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

Nah, I'd pass...

Repopulate like crazy doesn't seem like a good idea to me, people will be ignorant and keep their walker children around and stuff like that, drama WILL happen lol.
    I can see a group of scientist in a small society discovering a curse though.

6. carriee

carriee New Member

i dont like Andrea and i dont think she should be back in Rick's group she cant be trusted and i think she is a loose cannon just like Shane

7. Machete

Machete Active Member

Don't the scientists think that walking dead are enought of a curse? Do they need to discover a new one?:Grin:

8. Morgotha

Nah, not outside of t.v. research builds on itself. Your small group won't find a cure, they won't even be able to get the reagents they need, electricity, equipment... they'll spend all their time just trying to get what they need to DO some research, as opposed to having stocked labs all over actually *working* on the problem.

9. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

So then everyone repopulates, but how long until someone in a city dies alone with no one around and starts another outbreak? This idea doesn't work any better than any other.

10. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

+1, very smart post.

The governor will use Andrea. she was in their old group so it would be really easy for the Governor to stage a fake attack on woodburry , directly after one of her meetings with the prison. probably after the first meeting because the Gov will know that Andrea will learn :
    1) he sent Merle to kill michonne
    2) Merle beat the crap out of glenn / torture
    3) the Gov sexually humilated / tortured Maggie
    4) Merle kidnapped glenn and maggie just like how he kidnapped andrea + michonne.

so at that point if andrea believes any of it, she will be too dangerous to the governor to be left alive. so he needs to find a way to off her, which would be to publicly make her appeared aligned with the "others"

Does the group need Andrea? need? nope i don't think Rick needs her at all, I don't think Andrea will change the outcome of their conflict at all.

Because i don't think Andrea would be willing to shoot at either side. Andrea won't be willing to shoot at Rick, Carl, Glenn and maggie. and i don't think Andrea would be willing to shoot at the gov (unless she believes all of the facts that she hopefully learns) and i don't think she would be willing to shoot at woodburry folk.

so no matter which side she is on , she isn't going to be an other shooter for either side. I think Ricks group has a slight advantage still. If ricks group mans the sniper towers 24X7 *(and maybe gets a pair of binoculars) then their group should be able to see any attackers coming.

they should also put signs up on the road that anyone who doesn't drive slow will be shot.

11. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I have to say though the Governor really seems to like Andrea...

12. marsyao

marsyao Member

Yes, Governor seems like Andrea, this is the only reason he allowed Michonne left town alive, otherwise both Andrea and Michonne would be dead long time ago.

13. Morgotha

There will ALWAYS be people dying in car wrecks, drug overdoses, heart attacks, etc. that don't get found out until they reanimate. OTOH, a 100% armed populace who is USED to dealing with walkers would handle one showing up suddenly much better than the original naive population. For example no one would walk up to a zombie saying, "are you ok?", first responders would respond first with their guns out, not their bandages, etc.

14. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

Depends on the need for Rick's group. They do need more manpower, that's for sure. They have only 9 people (13 if you add Tyrese and his group now) protecting a sizable prison. Compared to the 70+ (a few less now) Woodbury citizens. Larger group can maintain a larger society (better security, better quality of life).

What Rick's group doesn't need is a drama queen. Andrea shooting Daryl to prove herself, giving Beth a knife to kill herself, insulting Lori, and generally being oblivious to survival is not something the group needs. Her combat abilities don't make up for her attitude when it comes to supporting the group.

15. 1BronxNyFan

1BronxNyFan Member

Say you found a person alone and about to die, saved her life, kept her alive, nursed her when sick, and only made decisions based on keeping her that way because you cared about her. That same person undermines your opinions / gut feelings, the same gut feelings that kept you alive, then turns her back on you and allows you to go out to Hell on your own, and does this for a piece of meat who she don't know. Then starts having sex and drinking scotch with him, acting like you never existed.

No we need her away from the group, she needs to see the Gov. for who he really is and then live with the fact that she is a Idiot, and a shitty friend. Then hope someone else saves her when she is laying on the ground surrounded by Walkers!

Or maybe she can be the Gov. next Penny... that would be nice to see

16. Machete

Machete Active Member

Okay, let's say that you have a friend. She has saved your life and you have saved hers. You are having a merry old time in zombie infested living hell. Then one day you find a "safe" place. With seemingly "nice" people. You friend is: "Like f**k this noise, let's get out of this place." and you are understandably confused, because everything seems so nice on the surface. There are barbeques, electricity, ice cubes... why does your friend want to leave? So you ask, over and over again. And all she says is: "This place is not what it seems." and "You have to trust me." Would you leave the safety of a Woodbury and go out back into the zombie infested hell that almost killed you many, many, times?

Or would you tell your friend: "Sorry, pal, I am staying here. Good luck in your future endevors."

Andrea did not leave Michonne, Michonne left Andrea. Andrea did not choose Woodbury because of the Governor. She chose it for SECURITY.

Stop making it about something it was not.

17. littleangelv

littleangelv Member

I love Andrea in the comics....and for the role she has in the comic.....I hope they bring her back in to the group....but thats just hoping they keep her character the same...or at least similar.

18. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

Haha, they must hate themselves a lot then =P... good catch!

In this case I think they're screwed, imagine how many innocent people would get shot cos of stubborn people making mistakes like Andrea. And how old would you have to be to carry a gun around? People will just abuse the gun use in general.
    Their only hope is the human race become immune to the virus/disease.

19. Zombie Guts

Zombie Guts Member

Man I really need to read the comics because Andrea in those comics makes me curious. Though no Daryl in the comics sucks now that he is all I know, sigh. lol

20. Nebukadnezar

Nebukadnezar New Member

I believe that THIS Andrea is not good for Rick`s Group.
    If she comes back to the real zombie infested world and realise that the Governour and his marionettes are not good for her.
    She could be a very strong groupmember, but i honestly don`t believe she will be the "old Andrea" who fights alone in the woods (after hershel`s farm) against zombies to survive. But know..she is too deep in this Woodbury-Dreamworld.
    She wants it.
    Maybe she knows the truth deep insider her, but she clings (?) to her wish-reality..

The desire of Love can be very strong, which makes you blinds you.