Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dogma & The Buddy Jesus!

Discussion in 'Episode 705 - Go Getters' started by EZD, Nov 21, 2016.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Last night on The Talking Dead was a rare opportunity that seemed to be missed to revisit maybe the funniest movies ever written(To Me) as the writer/Director and Jesus himself were both on the couch!

If you have not seen Dogma I urge you to go find it Today and take in the genius of Kevin Smith!

The movie is star studded to say the least highlights of which are The Archbishop,Jesus' Father and of course The Buddy Jesus as well as early Chris Rock,Matt Damom and Ben Affleck,Jay and Silent Bob and the 10 foor SHIT MONSTER!

I love Linda Fiorentino anyway and lets just say it is irreverent at best!.

Just a great flick and they never even gave it a mention and missed the boat in my book.

Where else could the line be uttered about Jesus,"Nigga still owes me money"!?:zombies_lol:

#1 EZD, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  2. Heriot of Fire

Hell yeah, been forever since the last time I've seen it.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh My Gosh I LOVE this movie. My kids and I were in tears the first time we watched this movie.

And Alannis Morissette!!

4. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I love that movie! I've seen it so many times, it's brilliant. Alan Rickman was also fantastic in that movie, as the junkless voice of god, Metatron.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I can't believe I forgot Rickman,my bad!

This is a Christmas Classic for sure!

6. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

There's so many great cameos in there, it's a 90's actor-stravaganda! Jason Mewes, Salma Hayek, George Carlin, Chris Rock, Geneane Garofalo, Matt Damon, Kevin Smith, Ben Affleck, Jason Lee..... everyone from all the movies I watched in high school lol.

7. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I love Dogma - and Alan Rickman as Metatron was the best ... now I have the urge to rewatch it :Grin: