Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dumb Trade Agreement

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Captive' started by Neuropyramidal, May 8, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I cringed as soon as Madison made the plan to go to THEIR home base to make the trade. That's a huge no-no in Hostage Trading 101. :p. She should have told them to send a zodiac or small boat with a total of three people on it [Travis, Alicia, and a boat driver], out to the Abigail. The trade doesn't happen until Travis and Alicia are on the Abigail. Of course Conner would not want that bargain, but I think he would have done it to get his brother back. He wouldn't expect to be back-stabbed by a scared family just trying to get their own back.

#1 Neuropyramidal, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I agree neuro. But I also think Madison was desperate and thought Connor was weak enough (which he was) and wanted his brother back to go with any deal. But yes never go to the captors location

3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

We also need to remember that this is really the groups first human vs human encounter and the apocalypse has still just started. I think the scene was done well given the circumstances. If they had been living in the apocalypse for a year and handled it this way it would be different but not when they have only been dealing with it for a few weeks.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

For once the bad guys are the idiots. I just think they should have sent in their more bad to the bone people to clean house. Count the corpses.

5. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

I see what you are saying but what struck me more than Madison going to Connor's base was that Connor didn't have other of his men strategically hidden around the trade off area just in case things went south.

6. Znuts

Znuts Member

I think both sides are pretty green in the hostage taking/swapping area. Yes, it was not the best plan for Maddie to go to Connor's base of operations, but maybe she just didn't want to them get near the Abigail again and chance them trying to hijack the boat again. It's clear that our group is still pretty green, but they are slowly learning the skills it will take to survive this new world.

7. lastcat3

At this point Madison is still not allowing her kids to get into harms way. Once she realizes that her kids need to learn how to survive and also comes to fully trust the other members of her party they will come up with better thought out plans.

8. Neuropyramidal

I have to disagree. It doesn't really take a ZA to make a person understand that its a bad idea to enter the enemy's home base for a hostage trade. It only takes common sense.

9. lastcat3

Maybe. But you also need to realize these people aren't used to being in these types of situations yet either. They don't have police officers in the group either that might have somewhat of an idea.

How many regular folks would handle a hostage situation correctly? Probably very few of them. At this point these people for the most part are still just regular folks and havn't really turned into survivors yet.

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

This is probably the Dumbest overall show I have ever watched....It's like watching a youtube parody of TWD.

#10 mtito914, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  11. Znuts

Znuts Member

Why are you watching it then?

12. lastcat3

MTito generally doesn't look at things any deeper than if there are zombies on screen show is awesome. No zombies on screen show sucks.

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Why did I watch Znation? I like zombies. At least Znation showed a Z's...

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

If you think this is even 1/10th as good as TWD was at the S2E5 point, your insane.

15. lastcat3

Mtito I hate to break it to you but The Walking Dead universe is about the survivors and not the zombies. So there naturally are going to be episodes with little to no zombies in them. I imagine you probably like those god awful hack n slash, low budget, zombie movies.

16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Yes, and I don't see much difference between low budget zombie movies and FTWD.

17. Neuropyramidal

I think it would come as natural instinct. Not wanting to enter their territory, and rather have them come to you, would just be natural.

18. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

Madison is still learning how to deal with these situations. People calling the characters stupid annoy me... people need to remember these are normal people: they've not even been in the apocalypse for a few months, give them some more time. I think Maddie did well.

19. IThinkHesGay

IThinkHesGay Member

It was a very dumb idea, even with the walker trap, but I don't think that it was an unrealistic decision made by Madison. She didn't really have time to negotiate with Connor if they wanted to make it to Mexico on time. Plus, if things didn't go as planned, it would be dangerous to have that happen on their boat; there could be damage to the ship, or even one or more of the kids could get hurt.

Not to mention that she went to rescue most of her family so she was willing to take the risk of going to enemy territory because the reward outweighed the risks. I do hope that as the show goes on, they wise up and stop making decisions like this, even though they seem to get lucky enough to survive every time.

20. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I agree, that was a really dumb move. When they made the deal, whatshisname hadn't yet been killed by Chris, so that makes matters a little different, but it was still just a bad move.

And then Madison handed him over and Alicia is nowhere in sight. Huh?