Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dwight is too far gone...

Discussion in 'Episode 711 - Hostiles and Calamities' started by Ubiq, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

The window of redemption for Dwight just closed after him literally "throwing" the doctor under the bus. Have no sympathy for him at all.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That lowdown weasel did just that. He needed a way to get Negan off of him to save his own skin. So the doctor was his way out. Some people have bleeding hearts for him because of the Sherry/Negan deal but not me. Many think he will eventually join Rick's group. Even if he does, he will always deserve a horrible death IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

You ever think about since Daryl kind of fits in with the saviors looks wise and stuff maybe
    its possible but tbh I don't want it to but it just popped into my head

4. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Dwight deserves a lonely existence. I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion, but I hope that Darryll saves Sherry and they have a lot of really great sex before she gets bit by a zombie.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Chaos

Chaos Member

The doctor had it coming anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Na. I think Daryl has proven that he will never give in to join the Saviors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I thought it was more to save Sherry's skin. If he went back without her, and Negan still thought she did it, he would keep looking for her and she would die. I don't like Dwight but I think everything he has done, he did for Sherry. The doctor was the only one he could put it off on because he saw Sherry alone during exams. And I also have to think that Dwight thought the doctor would survive the iron just like he had. But he's still a rat.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Carson was their only MD, so I don't think Dwight figured he'd get killed. Ironed yes, but bodily thrown into the furnace, no. From the looks on everyone's faces, that might have been a first.

Dwight's cooking something up, IMO. He loved his wife and I agree what he did he did for her. He was planning to leave with her again otherwise why did he bring the pretzels and beer? Why did he bawl when he read her letter? She wrote that she didn't think she could survive out there but he's trying to give her a chance by keeping Negan off her back while she makes her way. He has nothing to lose now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes. And Austin said as much on TTD. He said that Dwight wasn't expecting that to happen.

Yet, still he's a rat, and I don't empathize with him. I don't think he's an outright evil character, but I think he too eagerly throws other people under the bus to manipulate his way through the apocalypse. Its a pattern for him, and I think telling himself he's doing it for Sherry is partly a faux justification.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. purriwinkle

I'm not particularly crazy about Dwight but he wouldn't be the first character we've met that was willing to throw someone else under the bus to achieve their goals.

His wife (and possibly her sister) was the only one he cared about at The Sanctuary that we've seen so far. I can also imagine being in Negan's group doesn't foster true esprit de corps so he doesn't give a hoot about other people there. I think Sherry is/was the only thing keeping him in line. Now that she's gone, who knows? Personally, I don't care if he's a rat at the sanctuary. Anything he does to disrupt operations there, I'm all for.

• Like Like x 2
  11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that Negan is not done with Dwight about this too?
    Regardless of who did the deed letting Daryl go it was Dwights responsibility anyway to make sure that could not happen and Negan is just waiting to see if the plot goes even deeper before deciding to "Smoke" Dwight.

I bet that Dwight realizes this and tries to defect somehow and this is where it might get interesting,hopefully he seeks some kind of vengeance against Negan and causes big trouble before getting killed himself?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I have mixed feelings about Dwight... one minute I want to punch him in the face and the next I want to give him a hug... I do believe he's too far gone in that he'll never be the good man he once was... but it does make sense that he did what he did so his wife could escape... she did what she had to do to save him, now he did what he had to do to save her... I think he shoulda taken the motorcycle, looked for her harder, threw her on the back and taken their chances trying to get away together... Negan trusts him enough to let him go out looking for her alone... take the opportunity and go for it, nothing to lose

• Like Like x 1
  13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Was the doctor ever especially nasty to Dwight or Sherry? I cant remember all their interactions in previous episodes.

14. batongal

batongal Active Member

I also think Dwight didn't like the fact that 'Dr.Phil' was involving himself in their business. Dwight might put up with Negan's b.s. but he sure wasn't going to let the doc tell him what Sherry was thinking and what he was feeling. The doc admitted they are all just keeping status quo for Negan and soft people cannot survive there. Dwight took the doc up on that and grabbed the advantage. I do like that he and Eugene are on the same page. Should be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I don't understand why he threw the dr under the bus, it was unnecessary. He already told Negan that sherry was dead, so he's not looking for her any more.

• Like Like x 1
  16. purriwinkle

Well, whatever Dwight's intentions might have been, there was also the immediate problem that Negan lost his prisoner, one of his men, and one of his favorite wives right out from under his very nose. Someone was going to have to pay the price and I figure in the moment that Dwight thought it wasn't going to be him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Nah! He's not too far gone. He probably thought that Carson's profession would protect him from a severe punishment.

But, at the end of the day Dwight framed him because he talked sh*t about his wife. Plain and simple.

#17 RicksdaMan, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Exactly. There was no reason to do that, other than to make sure Negan's anger had an outlet...further getting Dwight off the hook.

Dwight isn't interested right now in disrupting operations at the Sanctuary. He's interested in keeping All Things Dwight stable.

• Like Like x 2
  19. yuke

yuke Member

I saw them talking in the end of the episode but didn't quite pick up on exactly why I thought they were on the same page. Can someone let me know what they did or said?

20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

eugene said, do you know my handle?
    dwight, no
    eugene, i'm eugene. you're dwight. we're negan.

(just from memory, so won't be exact.)