Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dwight?! Say It Ain't So!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Jan 3, 2019.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yessir

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    When you have to steal other characters from the original show because you can't come up with good ones for the spinoff, you know it's a bad show.

Whos next? Negan? This is so dumb lol, just burn Fear down already AMC, no one will mourn for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I stopped TWD and then picked up Fear again after the good reviews of Season 3 and the Morgan crossover. Figures that FTWD would then jump into the dumpster Glenn hid under. The second half of season 4 was just terrible TV with one of the worst villains ever created.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PepperAnn

Agree 1,000%

But TWD is now awesome again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My song dedication to the showrunners of FTWD.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yep, now I have to listen to some Outkast again

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. PepperAnn

Off subject but I am still having a really hard time seeing Alpha as a female in your siggy. LOL

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

ALL FEMALE, ALL THE TIME!!!

Question is, are you having a difficult time with Magna as my avi?

9. PepperAnn

Oh noooo

10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I don't think anything TWD did comes close to how terrible FTWD s4 was. Sure s7 and the first half of s8 were not that great, but those don't come close to the terrible levels FTWD reached in s4.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Man maybe I should get back into both...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

TWD Season 9 so worth it! I think there was one episode out of the first 8 that I thought was deserving of a rating in the 7 range....the remaining 7 episodes were all 8's or above for me. I looked forward to each and every Sunday. And while the dreaded character exit did in fact happen it was handled quite well IMO and I applaud Angela and her team for how they used that exit to propel the story in a completely new and exciting direction.

FTWD.....shmeh. I will leave it at that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'll say that so far season 9 has been so good, it makes up for how poor s7 and 8a were.

Fear s4 though? Watch it with the mind set that it's a parody, you might enjoy it.

Someone needs to edit s4 and add a laugh track, it would be amazing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. PepperAnn

I liked 4a a lot. 4b was like a completely different show.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I would have preferred that Dwight return perhaps in S10 on the main show, but I'll reserve judgment until I see how this works out.

It will be somewhat interesting to see a reunion between Morgan and Dwight, who last knew each other as being opposing pawns in a war, although I don't think the two of them had much direct conflict or history with each other.

And yes, TWD S9 has been a great and fresh reboot so far.

16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Exactly, we tend to put aside the fact that we were pretty much all enjoying 4a a lot - until the mid-season finale, which was meh, it was my favorite FTWD sequence by far.

Going back, the two timelines were really pointless so it's not as good as it looked at first or should have been, but still, it wasn't trash. 4b, I don't know what happened there, somebody just dropped the ball, or they hired one too many Z Nation fan in the writing team.

Let's all just be carefull. 9a of TWD is great, a lot better than the last few seasons, but hey,... We know they could go from top to bottom real quick too...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Exactly, not a lot of juice to extract from that reunion. I don't mind Dwight moving to FTWD, it's just that I can't see a way they'll handle it to make sense that they'll all end up together (if Troy and Daniel's return is really happening too).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Troy returns in some sort of flashbacky/hallucination form. His character should not be alive, and any attempt to make him so, I feel would be contrived.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I was the odd duck for season 4 of Fear - I did not care for any of it. It all felt so disjointed in the first half. And the second half....ugh!

For the first time ever I was one of those fans who bitched about the series more than heap praise upon the series. I threw away my Pollyanna hat and completely ignored the teachings of Thumper (well to be more exact the teachings of Thumpers' momma)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I still feel more invested in a character like Alicia than anyone on TWD and I thought 4A was better than anything TWD has done in years (including 9A) but 4B wasn't very good at all.

I didn't see 9A as being a huge leap in quality from 7 and 8. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I know what is coming next and the Whisperer storyline was pretty underwhelming in the comics and I don't see anyway the show can make it better with its far too long 16 episode season schedule and its habit of dragging things out in order to get those 16 episode seasons.

To tell you the truth if you look at it strictly from a quality standpoint both shows need to end. Start completely over at the very beginning again with a brand new set of characters. Only have 10 episode seasons and have each TWD show you do only last 5 seasons.

Start things over again but have a structure that you can build a universe around.

Infact better yet cancel the Walking Dead altogether and make a deal with sony to start a Last of Us series. That is a far more interesting universe than Walking Dead anyways (of course they would need to still allow Ellie to throw out the 'F' bomb). Ellie could of knocked comic Negan all the way to the moon and would have knocked tv show Negan all the way out of the solar system.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2