Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dwight?! Say It Ain't So!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I enjoyed 4a but only because I thought it was setting up some interesting storylines for 4b....and 4b never came through. So I have a hard time separating the two halves.

2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

YES!

A Last of Us series/movie would be amazing. The story within the game was amazing and would translate to a series perfectly.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, 4A was pretty good, and acted as a needed reboot with all the new characters. Did it have the magic that TWD has on its good days? No. But I enjoyed it. 4B was a mistake that they hopefully learn from.

#43 Neuropyramidal, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Neuro see that picture of that girl at the bottom of page 2 with the blood dripping down her face. She's telling you you need to watch a no commentary playthrough of Last of Us.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I did watch perhaps 30 - 45 minutes of Last of Us playthrough maybe 2 or 3 years ago. It seemed like it was going to be a good story, and maybe I will actually play it someday.

6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Damn I can't stand this. Why would it need to end because you're not satisfied? Why the millions of people watching should stop now that you're unhappy?

I think all of the DC universe shows suck big time, I don't go around telling their fans that "quality-speaking", these shows should be taken out. Why do TWD fans feel such self-importance?

Again... Why do one need to end before another gets to exist? And how long before the fans of the new series feel it too deserves to be taken out?

I thought FTWD ended on a really low point. If I ever decide I'm not coming back to it, I'm pretty sure I won't feel the need to announce it on every platform, and I'm fairly confident I won't equate my decision with that urgent need to end the show...

Anyway, carry on...

#46 NakedCity, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Okay, a decision has been made.

Over the seasons that Austin has been on TWD I have grown to like both the actor and his character. I also believe that if someone claims to really like the work of an actor then they should offer their support to that actor. As a viewer I am able to offer support through giving his/her work outside of TWD a chance. So with this news of the crossover I found myself at a crossroads.

I had already made the decision to just forego season 5 of FTWD. Yet now one of my favorite characters is going to be on the series. If I am to live by my code of supporting those actors I love in their other ventures then I am going to have to suck it up, find my Pollyanna hat, and watch (at least part of) season 5.

I am going to give Austin and his story a chance. Keeping my fingers crossed that they are able to win me over once again

8. kennyisalive94-the sequel

I want to give it a chance, too. Although Morgan and Dwight interacting on Fear just seems odd. But I'll give it a chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

So I guess Dwight going to FTWD is just something else to blame Daryl for. :p

#49 Rapscallion, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I didnt even watch 4b of fear.. i really did love alycia. After Nick's death I was just ehh about it.

11. NakedCity

Nick was pretty much the only character I cared about (well Alicia, but mostly because she's so damn cute), and I was perfectly ok with his death - it was quick, it was surprising, very well done.

The "disapearance" of Madison on the other hand, that smelled like shit. And the shitstorm effectively came right afterwards, so be glad you avoided 4b. Never watch it, even if you come back for 5! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah Nick really hurt. Don't bother with 4b.

• Like Like x 2
  13. kennyisalive94-the sequel

Hahahahaha, A-men on the Alicia cute. Like good grief she's almost too much for me. Plus the actress is a genuine badass.

4B is a guilty pleasure for me. Every bit of hate and criticism it's gotten is pretty much deserved, but for, I enjoy it. It might be because Abraham and Morgan are my favorite characters in the whole franchise, and I was SO happy that Morgan transferred to Fear instead of get killed in All Out War. Because I couldn't shake off this feeling that Morgan wouldn't be in season 9, and I kept (litterally) praying that Morgan could survive and not be like Abraham. Soooo.....yeah.

Also, I wasn't always that big on Madison and Nick, even though they both grew on me after I re-watched the first 3 seasons while constantly uh, killing brain cells. But when they died I was kinda like "huh. Alright. Well, gotta stop while I'm ahead. My man Morgan's still kicking."

I liked that Morgan got a big role and got to be in 15 out of 16 episodes. Although Martha is the worst character in the franchise, imo. "I'm making you strong now, you're strong, you're not strong, you're strong, hey, you're not strong! I will make you strong! Are you strong? I'm strong. Strong strong strong."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was very aware of the slip-ups and flaws of 4B, but as a whole I still enjoyed season 4...especially the first half. I've said it before, but it's the first time i've been able to connect with the characters and invest in the show. I attempted it with a completely open mind when the show first aired because i was excited to have another TWD to watch. I then attempted it a couple more times, once during season 2, and once during season 3...I even tried starting over from season 1 and didn't get very far...I couldn't do it. Then I watched season 4 in its entirety! So as much as I could list the flaws about it, it did something for me i guess. (shrug emoji)

As for Dwight in the show...hmmmm...I guess we'll see. As with most of the news I hear about the show, i will wait and see how it plays out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I had pretty much decided to not watch season 5, but the news of Dwight has now given me reason to consider giving 5 a chance. If they are able to weave a good and believable story for story for Dwight that might be enough to keep me watching for a bit

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah i'm definitely curious what they have in mind for him...and i wonder if Sherry will be with him.

It's funny, I changed my avi to the photo of Austin and me just before this news broke lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

SO it is all YOUR fault!!!!

I love Austin so I am obligated to watch!

Wonder if he enjoys filming in and around his hometown?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rapscallion

I think Dwight joining FTWD means that John Dorie is going to die. :(

19. NakedCity

Why??

20. Rapscallion

@NakedCity.

I think Gimple will turn Dwight into Morgan's sidekick. I think that was Gimple's plan for Nick last season, but actor Frank Dillane left the show.

John Dorie became friends with Morgan, he spent the season looking for June and they reunited, he's a fan favorite (I'm a fan of John Dorie). Those are factors that make me worry that John's time is up. :(