Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dwight

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by LadyGrimes, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Melo

Melo Active Member

dwight is awesome in the comic and in the series the actor is amazing too, also i hope they show us how he got the iron and i want to see honey again next season!

2. Illum1nat1

Illum1nat1 New Member

Dwight!!

Okay so the dwight in the comics is forsure way better then the tv show dwight and daryl too be honest and thats saying alot cause i love daryl but i do love the tv show version of him too he looks bad ass and he has a vest when i saw his burns i got so excited i hope that he and daryl both live and become friends eventually they would be a bad ass team of archers

3. Illum1nat1

Illum1nat1 New Member

Dwight!!

Okay so the dwight in the comics is forsure way better then the tv show dwight and daryl too be honest and thats saying alot cause i love daryl but i do love the tv show version of him too he looks bad ass and he has a vest when i saw his burns i got so excited i hope that he and daryl both live and become friends eventually they would be a bad ass team of archers

4. BigBlue

BigBlue Member

My fingers are crossed that Dwight dies a BRUTAL death in the season finale. I really hate this POS. Daryl had a heart for this douche bag and his girls. Seeing D-Bag Dwight getting murdered in a vicious way would make up for the loss that's coming. Die Dwight!!!

5. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I like Dwight, and think he will follow his comic story line - which would be awesome

6. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

So, somebody fill me in please --- Dwight and the two woman were trying to escape from the Saviors when they encountered Darryl? His face wasn't burned then and, until the dirty trick he and his wife(?) played on Darryl, they were both talking like reasonable people. So, the implication of Dwight showing up now, burned and the leader of one of a Savior's gang, is that, he at least rejoined the saviors, but maybe was punished by being burned? And the reason this Savior's gang is on foot is that Rick took all their vehicles and Darryl took out the remainder of that particular gang's motorcycles? And since Darryl's motorcycle was inside the Savior's radarsite home, where was Dwight at the time?

7. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

saw this on reddit it made me chuckle :zombies_lol: Kill Daryl Already and I think #TeamRick

8. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I like Dwight's character and I like the actor to. He has a lot of disdain for Negan. It was nice learning more about the character

9. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I hope Daryl shoots Dwight in the heart with his crossbow so he turns. Then Rosita can shoot him in the head. He's a piece of pure crap.

10. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I like the sounds of this and hope you are right. I know some people feel for him a bit after episode 3 however I just hate him more.

11. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

After Ep.3, I was expecting something different. To me, it looked like he got bitten on the road (while retrieving that bike), the way he was holding his right side. I did indeed expect him to turn and infest the whole complex (like the prison incident). He had that vicious "Oh Negan, my dear old 'friend', I am going to be one of them soon and then you are going to pay for what has become of me" look on his face when he was standing by the fence, staring at the zombies.

12. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That episode proves that he loves having the power to humiliate people. What's there to feel for him?

13. WalkerBait789

WalkerBait789 New Member

Since the end of Season 6 and onwards, I have found Dwight to be the most interesting character because of the extreme position he takes and the possible inner-hate he feels over wanting freedom or wanting it and not being able to have it.

When we first encounter Dwight in Season 6, he is on the run with his wife and sister-in-law from Negan's gang because of their "grab-and-go" of insulin for Tina. Apparantly, the only way for Tina to get enough medication was to marry Negan which she did not want to do. The other motive, other than the welfare of Tina, for running away was his general defiance to Negan's order in favor of freedom. These two motives were very obvious and made sense.

However, after Daryl helps Dwight escape from Negan's men and begins to offers them a place at Alexandria, Dwight pulls a 180, steals Daryl's things, and takes off back to the Sanctuary possibly with the long-term safety of Sherry in mind.

Eventually, after his conversion back to being one of Negan's top guys, he develops a deep-seated hatred for Daryl, possibly because of what Daryl represents to him: The side of Dwight who wants freedom. Now, Dwight has made his mind up that freedom is an impossibility and he hates himself and others for wanting it. At the tracks, he tries to shoot Daryl with the cross-bow and hits Denise instead and later offers to shoot Daryl at the line-up which Negan rejects because he's taken a shine to him.

Another scene which displayed Dwight's inner-workings was the part when Dwight finally shoots Gordon in the back. Was it a mercy-killing assisted-suicide like Gordon asked for or was it related to the same hatred he had for Daryl? Did Gordan represent freedom and bring up memories over how he failed to achieve it?

Eventually, I think Dwight will realize that freedom is possible and that Negan's way is not the only way. Only then will he stop hurting others who represent freedom or his failure to attain it.

14. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

[MENTION=117881]WalkerBait789[/MENTION] - I think Dwight is angry at himself for not taking the opportunity that Daryl offered him. Also, Daryl still tries to maintain who he is, even while under Negan's incarceration, whereas Dwight sacrificed himself, Sherry--and he's not liked for it by Negan--but he constantly gets humiliated and emasculated at every turn. Great run-down of Dwight's character shown so far on the show. Your post showed how much back and forth he's done in a short amount of time.

15. WalkerBait789

WalkerBait789 New Member

I agree that Dwight is angry with himself for not successfully gaining freedom but knowing what he did about Negan's power, I don't think he believed that joining Daryl would ultimately result in freedom. He gave up on his dream so suddenly that it makes me wonder why he even attempted to escape in the first place.

Negan certainly respects Daryl's fight and fearlessness but I think Dwight is one of Negan's top guys because of his zeal and outward display of extreme devotion to him.

Dwight gave up his wife, got scarred by the iron, attempted to murder Daryl on two occassions, took care of the "orange situation" by shooting Gordon, mentally tortured Daryl, refused to take Negan up on his choice of a woman as a "reward" for his hard work, the bullying of Rosita and others, and his ability to take every humilating thing Negan has to say. I don't think Negan liked Dwight's betrayal but it looks like he has more than made up for it to gain Negan's trust again.

#35 WalkerBait789, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2016