Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dying Light

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by adrenalineknife, Jul 7, 2013.

1. adrenalineknife

adrenalineknife Well-Known Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IM3YE0BZuo[/video]

Looks really cool!

2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Trailer looks cool. Not sure about the game.
    Song is Run Boy Run - Woodkid
    if anyone is wondering.

3. adrenalineknife

adrenalineknife Well-Known Member

I agree, the game will probably end up being a new version of Dead Island

4. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

It looks very interesting, but still I'm gonna wait for the first gameplay trailer. Engine looks pretty much good too. It's a first-person shooter and there's only single-player mode (for now I guess).

5. Hershel's Head

Hershel's Head New Member

[video=youtube;nBsf-MH9VsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBsf-MH9VsY[/video]

Gameplay, looks lush

6. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;nH27niVlZMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH27niVlZMM[/video]

So more gameplay from the six minute demo that's available. Game looks great. Can't wait to use my XB1 for gaming! LOL It seems I've had the thing for 4 months and have done everything but games. I find myself picking up the sticks for my 360 more often.

7. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

This game looks great and Youtube's most overrated person PewDiePie has early access and has done a few gameplay videos. Even with this *cough moron cough* ... uhh wonderful person playing it still looks pretty good. I can't wait for it to get an official release date on PC.

8. zeroli34

zeroli34 New Member

I enjoyed Dead Island and DI Riptide, i'm looking forward to Dying Light!

9. Chuckernaut

Chuckernaut Member

It is gonna be an upgraded version of Dead Island which could be a double edged sword. Dead Island was great but things can't stay the same. If they're too similar the game and company (Techland) will suffer and things look to be that way...Island life with Australian voices with similar missions and styles. The only new addition that I'm seeing is that there is a time of day transition with the zoms going apeshit at night. They have also pushed the release date back to august (similar to the Dead Island releases). I'll wait until I see the player reviews or maybe just rent it.

10. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

11. Sco

Sco Member

It's pretty much a new and improved Dead Island... I'll probably get it eventually.

12. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

aaaaaand it's delayed…
    [​IMG]

13. jwcoombs

Until February 2015!!!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Seriously though, I've really been looking forward to this game. Especially after getting hyped for Watch_Dogs, having it be delayed 6 months, buying it last week when it launched; and it's a complete flop. So I was like, no worries, at least I'll have dying light soon! But, apparently not! Oh well, hopefully unlike the situation with Watch_Dogs, the delay will only make the game better.

In the meantime, Mad Max finally has an official release date and is available for pre-order now. September 30th. Can't wait for that one.

14. HondaS2kXD

well, i wouldn't say Watch dogs is a flop… it's… yeah, it's shit. you're right. :)

it's gonna be a long-ass summer. everything i can't wait for comes in august or later. Project Cars. Top Gear. Walking dead. do you have a cryo tube or a delorean i could borrow?

15. HondaS2kXD

This game is pretty awesome, IMO.

16. jwcoombs

Agreed. Did you buy it?

17. HondaS2kXD

Yup. Just got to the point where I found out about a group called "The Saviors," which I thought was funny.

18. jwcoombs

Yeah, I thought that was a funny coincidence. This game is beautiful though, and plays so smooth and fast. A lot of people have said it's just going to be another Dead Island, which I have to admit, it sort of is in a sense. But it's more like a much, much better and more advanced descendant of Dead Island which then mated with Mirror's Edge and gave birth to this. Which IMO is a good thing.

I'm loving the game. Which is saying something, because I'm not the biggest fan of first person.

19. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I just got this game and it's a combination of the frustrating parkour mechanics of Mirrors Edge and Dead Island. So it's fun, frustrating and pretty damn beautiful at times.

20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It good? I want to buy it, but the physical release was delayed in my country until like the 27th of Feb or something. And I ain't downloading. nopenopenope.