Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dying Light

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by adrenalineknife, Jul 7, 2013.

1. turbo6

turbo6 Member

I wish they just went ahead and made this a proper Dead Island 2. The actual DI2 seems way too bright, cheery, cartoony and well...over the top.

They if took what they did in Dying Light and applied it to DI2, it would have been total redemption and quite possibly a start of an amazing franchise, after all it was a great idea. The story and gameplay needed work, but there always was that feeling with Dead Island like "man, this would have been brilliant if they just changed a few things".

Nonetheless Dying Light looks great, my one gripe is the slummy South African shanty town type setting. But otherwise looks phenomenal.

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I actually wasn't all that crazy about the dead islands. Idk why. I never owned one, but played a few times at friends' houses. This however I really like.

I've always liked first person. Just makes more sense to me than third.

This is just getting me even more pumped up for the overkill twd game. It'll be this, but with a more headshot-central melee system (hoping) and probably a better story. So awesome. Lol.

Side note: this game is missing a very important blueprint.

1 baseball bat + 1 metal parts = Lucille.

3. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

PayDay 2 added Lucille as a weapon as a way to market Overkill's upcoming TWD game.

I'm just psyched we're finally getting an action-based FPS based on the comic. It's going to be crazy seeing comic character's in next-gen graphics form.

Think about it; we've never seen TWD in that medium before. Only animated in the comic, live action on television, and then animated in comic fashion in the Telltale games, and Survival Instinct just doesn't count. I really can'y even picture in my mind what the game will look like. I'm just trying to imagine a scene of Negan smashing zombie skulls with Lucille portrayed in the same graphics as PayDay 2. Idk, I just can't imagine it. But I'm super psyched.

Maybe it will look something like this, except better
    [​IMG]

#23 jwcoombs, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

This game is finally out in my country and I reckon I'll buy it today.

5. jwcoombs

You will certainly enjoy it. I know I love it.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Awesome! I've been looking forward to it… not sure why they had to delay it for a month here when it was originally meant to be released same day as North America, but I'm excited to get it.

7. Sco

Sco Member

Fantastic gameplay and graphics! The story isn't so bad but the ending is pretty sh*t unfortunately...

8. WatWD

WatWD Member

I'm a re-new-ed gamer but I love Dying Light on XBox1, even though I suck at it. The world and how you can explore it is awesome. I love the weapon upgrades/modifications. I'm not so sure I love the main story line but the side quests (although a bit repetitive) make it pretty cool. It is a little hard to get used to the "Ohh, I can do super human thing #1 but I can't do something that should be easier?" thing.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel of the concept of losing survivor points when you die. That was a little rougher on me coming back to gaming after being away for a while (and using dinosaur controls).

9. Strife

Strife Member

I kicked the sh!t outta this game fairly quickly but got bored and started to replay a bit last night. The night mode isn't as hard as people put it out to be, it's just a bit intimidating...once you have a gun those runners are a cake walk.

I've yet to play the online mode for Dying Light, anybody try it yet?

10. jwcoombs

LOL, I completely know the feeling! I'm a "renewed" gamer as well. I put the sticks down back when Playstation 2 was the new, cutting edge, "next-gen" console on the market. Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas was the last game I had played until about 2 years ago. I decided to rekindle my long dormant gaming spirit and bought an Xbox 360; and then an Xbox One shortly thereafter.

I must say; I'm very pleased with where modern gaming as gone. It's truly amazing after having been completely absent from the "scene"; and even more oblivious of all the technological advancements that had been achieved.

But don't worry, it's just like riding a bike. You'll be freaking that controller in no time!

11. WatWD

WatWD Member

LOL!! Thanks for the support, I needed it. We have had gaming systems in the house forever. Like you, when the Nintendo controller and the Sega controllers developed all these extra buttons I kind of lost interest. I absolutely agree, the advancement in video, controls, etc. are really amazing. I tell people a lot that Internet browsers and video games drove computer technology probably more than anything else. Before that, not many people had personal computers but bring out Netscape and Duke Nukem and PCs were mass produced and affordable.

I'm still not freaking that controller but I'm getting better. Or I can say at least I don't want to throw the freaking controller as much.

12. Lupey

Lupey Member

Picked it up with PS4 yesterday. Really have played much of the story yet just exploring all around. Graphics are pretty freaking amazing.

13. gadin210

gadin210 Member

This game

This game looks awesome. I plan on buying it for my xbone when I get the money!