Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Early Access Questions

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by AzMatic, Oct 5, 2014.

1. AzMatic

AzMatic New Member

I was thinking about buying Early Access .. But I came across a few questions that may or may not influence my decision. 1) How long does the access last ? Will I pay 20$(If it is 20$) and be able to play until release or will it be like a beta where I only have a month ? 2) once the game is released will I have to start over ? Or will my base or whatever I worked on during early access still exist ?

2. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

They don't know how long EA will last, but I would assume its around 12 - 18 months.
    It will be $20 And will be playable until full release, it won't be for "beta periods" it will be the sme as Landmark or Planetside 2.

I don't think a wipe will happen, but its possible it could happen, its likely to be a "wait and see" kind of thing.

I will personally be buying it the second it is available... and I would suggest others do the same :)

3. idk14

idk14 New Member

20$ for the united states, but for europe? it will be 20 euros ? or 15 euros? 15 euros would be fair.. cause 20 euros for europe and 20 dollars united states.. itsnt that fair lol :D

4. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

I'm guessing it will be $20 - USA, 15 euro - EU, £13 UK... or something similar... if not, i'll not be impressed.

5. Strite

Strite Member

Really wouldn't hold your breath for that mate, the current trend in the industry is $ = £, apparently conversion doesn't exist >.<

6. CyclesMcHurtz

CyclesMcHurtz Member

You're in luck, I have some answers for you!

You will have access to the game from the moment you purchase. It will not be a time-limited access (excepting maintenance periods, of course).

It's the nature of Early Access to have the occasional reset of some data. I can hope to not ever reset data, but as a developer of many years experience it is sometimes unavoidable.

7. idk14

idk14 New Member

Can you speculate ? thats how we say it? a price of the game? like.. it costs 20 euros or 24 or 25.. ?

8. CyclesMcHurtz

CyclesMcHurtz Member

We've only been talking in USD so far, and I personally don't know the pricing for EU. I wish I had more, but that's my current understanding.

9. idk14

idk14 New Member

Still have a question for you if you wanna be kind to help me understand better <3
    About the foliage density.. about the forests.. the trees in the game.. the hills are practically empty in any of the streams.. will this be better? i mean will you guys make the hills and the forests more dense of trees ? so we can stalk or do something without beeing seen by others near streets or in towns? or it will stay like this because of de basebuilding and you need all the map clear?

Thanks for replying and helping so far..

10. CyclesMcHurtz

CyclesMcHurtz Member

I love explaining things - probably to a fault! :D

It will be. We're making improvements to the system overall (we've made quite a few subtle changes to help the look up close). One of the concerns is performance, since a large covering can be a big performance problem if done improperly. Some of the reason is because the draw distance is low for many of those objects, so at a distance some aren't currently drawing. We are absolutely working on solutions for this, although I don't have any specifics to share at this time.

There are large fields for both base-building and just general map flow. If the whole game was thick, dense forests and buildings, then there isn't quite the same tension when moving around. There has to be some risk to movement, and open areas sprinkled with cover is how you make it interesting!

You're very welcome!

11. idk14

idk14 New Member

I love that answer :D
    My last question, what can you tell me/us all that will read this, about the gameplay style, i mean, i personally hate third person but i know that some use it very much, but it can be exploited the same very much and my question is, will this game be only first person? will this game be only third person or both? and if yes then will there be at least half the servers with first person server only? cause me, and i am sure that many others love hardcore <3
    Many thanks for all those replyes above :D

12. CyclesMcHurtz

CyclesMcHurtz Member

I aim to please. You aim too, please ... just not very well so that I can survive ;)

We will be supporting both first- and third-person camera modes. At this point, we've only talked about setting up a hardcore server with some forced options like first-person camera only, no crafting recipe retention, and some other assorted bits. I'm certainly a player like you - I enjoy a difficult challenge (and I like playing first-person and at night!)

Thanks very much for your attention, and I hope to see you in my sights in the future! :D

13. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

(quoted just to make sure you see this :) )

I have one question, the rest have pretty much been answered on stream or via Reddit sometime in the past 7 months... On release of EA, will we have access to PvE servers? as of yet, I've not seen this confirmed officially anywhere.

14. CyclesMcHurtz

CyclesMcHurtz Member

We haven't confirmed all the rulesets and makeup of the servers yet. I would like to say we will have hardcore and PvE server rules both available, but we'll have a more official announcement when we're certain the makeup.

15. idk14

idk14 New Member

THIS !!
    That's what i am looking for, adrenaline,, that would surely make my heart getting out of the chest.. :D

16. DrSlick

DrSlick New Member

I have a question about buying the game.

Wich kind of payment methods will be available since US is most of the time creditcard but what will be for EU? will that include IDEAL aswell?

17. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

Seeing as its available via steam I would assume that any payment accepted by steam will be usable to purchase H1Z1