Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

East, Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 23, 2016.

1. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I still think that the group will care for their comrades to a point. If they were just in it for themselves, you wouldn't have enough trust to go out on a run with someone. And I think that we will see how Dwight was brought back in line. Time will tell.

2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I have a hard feeling to think they care about their comrades when they are all following Negan and raiding other settlements. No Saviour come of as a human being. Exactly 0 of them. Sarcastic, irrational, hostile, rude, That Hiro, the soccer moms, Dwight, The clown bikers, all of them had one thing in common. "We are Negan" and hell bent on killing/taking/worse and not really showing that they have any kind of feelings towards the less hostile, offensive or dark. I also think the list of dead would render Negans men a bit low on morale and maybe even considering overthrowing the mad man who send them out to die as cannon fodder.

But time will tell. Im sceptical but I love the show and hope they can either fix the things I think is broken or turn me to like it :)

3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think you still have to think of his people as assets, and the more they have, the better off they seem. If they just let them fall by the wayside when they could save them, they won't have the man power to do what they do. They seem to have big losses that can't be avoided, so they need lots of warm bodies to replace them with. And there has to be some kind of security being part of Negan's group or he wouldn't have anyone loyal to him. He has to have his loyal soldiers to be his enforcers.
    Guess it's true that they are all Negan, because one man couldn't do what they do in his name as a group.

4. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

This episode was an unapologetic set up for the season finale {PERIOD}

5. Robert Kirkman

Because she:

1. Hid a ****ing machine gun in her coat sleeve.

2. Is so stealthy that the driver couldn't see her sneaking around.

3. Stabbed a man faster than he could pull a trigger.

That's why she's the terminator.

#65 Robert Kirkman, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I am not really sure what to think. THe small "outposts" had som heavy weaponry, we wait and see I guess.

7. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

1. Apparently Morgan will face zero consequences for his decision to put Denise at risk and will in fact be appreciated for his actions indirectly saving Carl and absolutely no one will call bullshit

2. Smart people doing stupid/selfish things because that's where the plot needs to go. Please stop asking me to consider these people such consummate bad-asses then sending them off on solo vengeance missions or self-imposed exiles and then sending more people after them, leaving their home pretty much unguarded. Right now, I want Daryl to get offed b/c I'm so pissed at him. And I normally like him.

8. goalie

goalie New Member

Dwight pretty much acted like an idiot in the woods when Darryl met him. Since then, apparently being burned in the face has made him a ninja in the woods.

That's what's hard to take.

9. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

Dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb. This episode is so full of dumb.

-Everyone knows theres lots of Saviors everywhere. So off goes Carol and Daryl. dumb. Then goes half the town to go find them.dumb.

-Super scout Daryl gets caught from behind. dumb. Carol guns down a truck load of guy with gun up her sleeve. dumb.

-Morgan uses dumb logic that the wolf saved Denise, when he helped bring them to town and Denise wouldve been safe inside except the wolf forced her into danger. dumb.

-Rick believes Morgans dumb story and has no clue how dumb his logic was. dumb.

-People in the Zombie apocalypse still dont know how to whisper or at least keep their voices down. Just carry on with your conversation Glen and Michonne like youre on an afternoon stroll thru the park. dumb.

-Maggie cuts her hair short. dumb.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ColorsVersatile

When one can walk right into a trap... and get out of it practically without of scratch while genociding almost the whole surviving population of Virginia, that's pretty flawless to me.

Which is why it is just not interesting! (and I am aware that Negan will appear soon)

My favorite arc was the Governor's arc by far, for the following reasons:
    - we had some insights on how things were in his own group
    - we had a good mix of "white", "black" and "grey" characters among his group
    - it took quite some time to kill him off

But even since then, I really didn't like all the arcs (wolves, terminites, joe's group...) because 1/they were portrayed as total psychos as well, and 2/the writers teased to hell out of those... to have them totally wiped out in a couple of episodes!

Wether you want to see from an "entertaining", or purely logical point of view... I really fail to see how it can be interesting to watch :zombies_nosmile:

So, I am scared about the way the Saviors might be handled, seeing how they have been portrayed so far. And I think it is legitimate to worry because the Saviors are supposed to be THE threat you know, the main antagonists. Paula's group gave us a taste of complexity, and I hope we will get there.

#70 ColorsVersatile, Mar 28, 2016
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I do not know why people think Paulas group was any more human than the others. I think Hollywood might pick that up to make a new cheesy horror flick in the likes of Scream called "Soccer Mums Revenge" or "Misses Red and the Cancersticks". But I agree with you, many of the Governos lackies even had ups and downs, where human beings, even the Governor himself would have had a chance to "Come back" as Morgan would put it. Imagine if he met Morgan out on the run alone? Could Morgan have saved him? I think he could. Martinez had some okay traits to when he was not out murder hoboing, people did gather to him. He was an other leader figure. As you might have noticed, The Governor was my favourite antagonist and that season and the season after was probably my favourites. I think it was so superior on so many parts compared to the comic while Negans and the Saviours are just meh and I did not even like the Saviours that much in the comic either in the first place but the show just makes them bland.

I get it, people say people become crazy but crazy do not always mean you lose your humanity and become a crazy sadist who loves to treat people like cattle and only want to kill them. There is other ways to break down, hell some even become more hell bent and keen on stopping whatever bad is out there.

I fully agree. I burnt my hand once, It sadly did not turn me into a ninja as a 4 year old kid. Damnit.

#71 Marc, Mar 28, 2016
  12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

OK (as Rosita would say), let's talk hair. What's wrong with Maggie's short hair? It keeps the baby from pulling it and, when she cut it, she didn't know she was a bout to have a miscarriage. What concerns me is -- short hair seems to be the new trend (see, e.g. Megan Kelly (no endorsement intended) -- hoping this doesn't mean Cohen doesn't have some new hot spot on another show to replace here here

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Agree completely, but would go one step farther. If Morgan had killed the Wolf when the Wolf was going to kill him, he never would have been able to capture Denise or lead the other wolves in the first place. Morgan caused the problem, he didn't help it.

14. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

The Carol scene was awesome. She faked out all those Saviors with her hyperventilating, crying jag and killed them; then shoved a spike into the chest of the one survivor with the guts to approach her. Why is Carol a terminator? Because other characters in the show continually underestimate her and she helps them underestimate her. These tough macho saviors took it for granted that a lady with short grey hair was an easy victim. Carol proved (as she has before) -- noooot!

So if you were out there on this day, who would you want defending you, even if someone were there to help you-- yakkety, yakking Glenn and Michonne or Carol? This character is a major-bad-ass heroine who is sooo incredibly good at getting others to underestimate her. Me-- I'm Team Carol, and if she wanted to find a new place to lay down roots, I'd be following.

15. Morgotha

Right. Glenn et. al. shouldn't have followed Daryl leaving Alexandria undermanned, and once they decided they were going against common sense, they shouldn't have decided to NOT go with him all the way! One bad decision after another. Then, they see maybe four or five guys. They have guns. The last time they encountered the Saviors, they managed to take out like 8 guys pointing weapons at them when Daryl and Rosita were unarmed. If anything their odds were better now, but do they try and fight it out against this group that believes in kill first, talk later? No, they drop their weapons... again. Every decision is worse than the last.

Why didn't the Saviors kill either Glenn or Michonne? Isn't that their modus operandi? And Daryl, master hunter, and Rosita the soldier never once look behind them and both get captured too? Just terrible.

16. Morgotha

What did the guy say when the other guy was going up to Carol? "Go get her before she passes out." She got their guard down as low as it could go. I don't know what kind of assault rifle/pistol she had up her sleeve, but I'm assuming she wore that baggy coat for a reason.

17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

As you pointed out in your other posts, the others act like rookies while Carol is the smartest, most dangerous and deceiving member of them all, She uses ALL her skills and talents to an max and even her weaknesses she harness as a force to recon with.

18. Chiron

Chiron Member

Hi all,
    I am new here though roaming and ghosting since season 1, from London where I have to wait two days before I get episodes on Amazon Prime (arrrgh). So thank you, at times I have peeked on here through my fingers to catch up ( even though I reallllly reallly don't want to but hey I am an addict).

I thought, considering some of the snorefests we had earlier, with Deanna and residents going all stepfordwives behaving as if they were all making pumpkin pies through the ZA, the past couple episodes have given us action, movement and the team doing what they do best. I preferred the seasons when they were out being badass and looking out for each other rather than rolling around eating apples, quite frankly. Agreed brain freeze syndrome is still prevalent and they are doing very stupid things which people have pointed out here already but at least there is doing.

Two things which continue to irritate:
    1. Can Morgan just ascend into heaven or part some seas with his stick and begone? His Yodaisms while twirling that stick and ludicrous logic of how Denise was saved is enough to make me want Rick to just shoot him, despite him saving Rick's life in episode 1. He had so much promise as a character but his monologuing about the same old is just waste of screen time. Eastman did not turn over leaves. He starved the man who killed his family to death. He could have gone all Gandhi before that but no. So Morgan's Muttering Monologues are just, well what are they are for really? Who cares. As for Carol, she can look after herself. When she works it out, she will be back. I bet if she sees Morgan trampling through the bushes shouting everything gets a return, she might brain him with that stick. Happy Days.

2.Rick. Come on Rick. He used to be a leader. There is no organising for the Saviour threat, no proactive anything for growing their own food ( other than murdering people in their sleep), no communication of important information ( duh Rick did you notice your only semi trained medic is daisy food?) and lots of erratic " let's go kill some people after breakfast" from him. I like how he has become more Shane out of necessity, TWD is good with touches like that, but as a leader right now he is being written pretty weak and ineffective. He's got annoying Lori out of his hair, has his kids and Michonne so what is seriously his problem?

Bring on the finale. I watched the Daryl shot a few times and it looks like shoulder shot. The blood is likely Rosita getting killed ( maybe trigger happy got spooked when Dwight shot) or a walker. Come on, what is TWD without Daryl?

19. SunnysBF

SunnysBF Member

This isn't an issue with Carol, this is an issue with the writing. I appreciate her character. The episode where Carol kills Lizzie is one of the best moments in the series.

Carol is a character struggling with the morality of killing. She doesn't want to kill anymore. However, she is forced to kill. What i don't appreciate is making her into a killing machine when she's struggling with the idea of murder. Carol is NOT a terminator.

On to the stupidity

Here is the coat she is hiding a machine gun in...

[​IMG]

Here are some of the machine guns that the cast has used

[​IMG]

more in spoiler

What one of those guns fits in her sleeve?

If there is a smaller machine gun/machine pistol, why haven't we seen anyone with one yet? even then, how does it fit in the damn sleeve?

Was Carol just driving around with a machine gun in her sleeve waiting for this moment?

How does she slip her arm all the way back to get to the trigger?

Do you really believe she can hip fire a machine gun with no kick and hit 5 or 6 guys in one clip?

This isn't Die Hard or some shoot 'em up movie. This is supposed to be a survival show. The writers are just lazy as hell.

Food for thought
    [​IMG]

20. Morgotha

She had a WHOLE TRAY full of Grenades! Why didn't she use one of them?!?