Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Either Walkers are Homophobes or

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by Wesker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Wesker

Wesker Member

..gays are super stealthy. How else can you explain 2 guys in a huge RV and old Cadillac travelling all those miles, spying on our group for several days..in walker infested territory..armed with 1 ONE Smith & wesson 5 shot .38 snub nose and no swords etc. and they not encounter any walkers..or have to kill any walkers. And why no provisions for encountering bandits? Would they just talk their way out of trouble? Or throw spaghetto o's at them. The whole concept defies logic.

2. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Issues, man. You got issues.

3. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i think its safe to say they are super stealthy. they were able to track Rick's group from a distance without being seen. they obviously have experience in doing this and perhaps that have taken other precautions that we don't know about besides what we saw in the episode.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Had to get a new name, I see.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

What does their being gay have to do with the rest of your post?

6. JMac

JMac Member

Wow unbelievable. Some people. Your question seems to be- it seems illogical that these TWO MEN were unprepared for their mission? Is that what youre asking?? WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH A PERSONS SEXUALITY? According to your illogical thinking you cld blame every mistake that Tara has made on being a lesiban. Have you also drawn those conclusions? I honestly am so tired of wasting my time of this discussion of Aaron and Erics sexuality. It has gotten so much attention; and I don't understand why, other than ignorance. This show has explored many many other huge situations, if that's word, worth much more open and honest discussion than sexuality. What does it matter to anyone who people are attracted to!!?? We have had domestic violence explored, what about Carl almost being sexually assaulted!?? I mean... Aren't those issues worth an open and honest discussion, those are true horrors that happen in the world. But no, lets waste our time on discussing and judging someone's sexuality. Honestly it causes no harm, it affects your life none. Give it up, and please stop judging and assuming, and spreading ignorance.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right. I see it all so clearly now. The entire show has been sucking us in to this moment when we'd be tricked into accepting gays as if they were real human beings and legitimate characters or something.

I think it's possible that zombies have gaydar and reject gays as victims. Maybe it's time for Key and Peele to update their racist zombie sketch:

[video=youtube;4xyhVO-SWfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xyhVO-SWfM[/video]

8. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

I just assumed that they must be badasses. They're the two guys that (presumably) volunteered to repeatedly go out on recon, observe survivors without detection and decide if they would be good for the community, etc. If the writers turn them into Gabriel- or Eugene-type sissies that have no killing skills and need Rick's gang to protect them, I'm going to be very disappointed. That would make zero sense.

9. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I believe old boy was trying to be humorous and his joke fell a lil flat for most. I don't think his bad joke requires this type of rant, if he were trolling then you fell into the trap.

More to the point, these two are probably well trained and know the lay of the land. I would venture to say they probably have safe houses and caches of weapons in the area they work. There was no need to explain that to Rick & Gang.

10. JMac

JMac Member

I agree with you, I think it was a misplaced joke- and you're right to it did get to me. I guess I shld specify that my rant was not all directed at this post but also to everyone else that has made redunk comments about Aaron and Erics sexuality. It has gotten least in my opinion way too much ignorant attention. So I do apologize to rant off on a misplaced joke but my point still stands whether its for this thread or all the other stupid sexual orientation comments.

11. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

He's been spewing his homophobic rants about how he shouldn't be forced to watch two men kissing in a sexual manner -- THE HORROR! -- all over the forum. That's why most aren't taking it as a joke.

13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

They had some kind of listening device. I am unfamiliar with how they work. I dont know if they amplify sound and could be used in detection of zombie hordes moving around. Do zombies snarl only when they see people. I cant recall one way or another.

14. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl Member

IF a person was ignorant of the comics, and/or didn't see any of the spoiler threads, I suppose the kiss may have been a shock. But since alternative lifestyles have become mainstream, I see no reason for trolling. Racism, religious hypocrisy, poverty and hunger, these are issues to be addressed, not a phobia of ignorance.

15. RHINOWSO

RHINOWSO Member

16. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Agreed. Let's all get with the 21st century here or at least accept that homosexuals are part of our world and the ZA as well. They can make compelling story lines just like the straight folks.

17. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Sorry my Canadian friend but I only read certain segments of the foroum. Was the joke in bad taste? Of course. I am not sure over reacting to his post will do anything to help the matter. Maybe plead to the admins to have the poster banned, that could solve the situation.

Go TiCats!

18. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

No need to apologize, unless you're Canadian too and therefore saying "sorry" is your default preface to stating your opinion. :p I was just pointing out why some of us were reacting with hostility toward the OP in case you or others didn't see his other posts. Yes, he raises some valid questions about *anyone* scouting the area only in twos with minimal weapons, etc., but I'm not sure why he thinks their sexual orientation is an issue.

Oskie-wee-wee
    Oskie-waa-waa
    Holy Mackinaw
    Tigers...eat 'em RAW!

19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

If that was suppose to be a joke or some kind of sarcasm; to some, if not most, it is old and tiresome to see.
    He needs to broaden his mind and explore new horizons. Maybe he should read a book about the human race.

And I see this thread being closed, just like the other thread, about the same "JOKE", real soon.

20. Wesker

Wesker Member

So now gay people are a protected class that cannot be joked about in any way. THis was something of a reference to the Key and Peele racist zombie skit. My main issue is that it is totally illogical that 2 guys, armed with ONE 5 shot revolver would be able to operate in walker infested territory and spy on a hardened group of survivors while:
    A: Never having to engage any walkers..Ricks group heeard no shots, and Eric and Aaron had no visble knives, swords etc.
    B: 2 guys in a Cadillac and RV, miles from their base, with no real weaponry...how long would they survive? They never encountered any of the bad people Ricks group encountered? They didn't even prepare to encounter any opposition??
    C: If there were other weapons in the RV, Rick would have confiscated them along with the food

So again..gay or not....how the hell can we believe these 2 clean, unbloodied, well dressed individuals travelled miles in the apocalypse with spaghetto oh's and a revolver and were able to avoid ALL of the walkers surrounding our group, spy on our group without even the great tracker Darryl knowing they were there, avoid the wild dogs...avoid any bandits, claimers, Morgan, etc. It is entirely unplausible and not believable.

Here's the Key n Peele bit I was referring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xyhVO-SWfM

#20 Wesker, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015