Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Either Walkers are Homophobes or

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by Wesker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

You would have had a whole lot more people discussing with you, the things you brought up, if you would have left the sexual preferences out of the post.
    Instead, you come off as a troll, who just wants to rile people up.

Think about it.

3. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I read your original post as a joke but thats just me. I think they probably have frequented that area since they said they had a whole highway clear. It doesn't make a lot of sense that they travelled so light (meaning little weaponry). But maybe they did take other precautions that weren't shown yet or maybe it something else we don't know. I think we will find out more later about how they go on these runs to find new ppl. Probably something they won't do as much once Rick becomes leader cus i don't think he will think of that as a very smart idea.

4. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Perhaps I'm giving the writers too much credit. But Aaron and Eric not well-trained and stealthy. They're naive and lucky. Everything about their recruiting process as depicted on the show was incompetent. Perhaps the comic version was different. But when you extrapolate this process to the entire ASZ, the community that is portrayed as safe and thriving is really delusional to what's happening outside their walls and lucky not to have been noticed by a large hostile group. So, far all the propaganda they're just a bigger Shirewilt or Terminus before the fall.

5. JMac

JMac Member

I don't know if I agree.. I think it may be too early to tell what ASZ and the people there are going to be like... I think its way too early to compare them to termites and or shirewilt for that matter; cause we actually never saw anyone from Shirewilt other than Noah. If youre basing everyone is like Noah than yeah I would agree but as you can see even with Rick and co group everyone has different but equal skills. We haven't even seen inside the gates of ASZ yet.

I also don't think necessarily the comics portrayed it differently its just in the comics you kind of imagine it or characters on your own. You make you're own image up, if that makes sense. While as it is portrayed on tv- theres not much left up to the imagination or perspective. As I read the comics I thot wow what an awesome idea "scouting" and I also really liked both Aaron and Erica character. I can understand peoples view tho from how they're portrayed on tv; as how'd these guys make it? But we also haven't seen quite yet too much of how these guys function while they're scouting. So I don't know if its too early to draw conclusions- or I just see I differently.

6. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Good post. I get your point about how the comics are just different. I haven't read the Walking Dead, but as a teen I did read a lot of the Marvel titles which have subsequently been made into movies. So, I understand how you might have a very different vision of characters or events than the writer, director, or producer.

Also, I agree that all we can really do at this point is speculate about the ASZ. But a common theme among the critics on this board has been how improbable and poorly thought-out the recruiting process seems to have been. And for the most part I agree. But if I'm going to dismiss everything I think is dumb or disagree with as lazy writing, then I probably shouldn't be wasting my time with the show or this board. So, I'm taking the perspective that the writers are sending a deeper message about the ASZ than Aaron's sales pitch.

Which bring us to my comparison to Shirewilt and Terminus. Because I'm sure at one point the residents of those communities (and the prison and Woodbury for that matter) felt they were safe, secure, and had a sense of permanence in their situation. So, I think the overall message is that the difference between a successful and failed community isn't necessarily being smarter or better prepared. But having the good fortune not to encounter the wrong enemies. `

7. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

The guy made a bad gay joke that wasn't that funny. But I don't think he was saying HE was a homophobe. It's like saying if one chick is by herself for 5 seasons and never gets attacked by zombies, the zombies are sexist. Does saying that mean the person's sexist? I think everyone overreacted a bit.

8. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Oh ok, that makes sense.

9. JMac

JMac Member

I totally agree with you. Which is kinda weird too- cause the two episodes before the distance I really didn't like; and unfortunately I was on this ugh bad writers kick too. But you're right it seems in the show for whatever reasons; writers or not.. I have noticed that the past communities failed not cause of safety precautions but just terrible people. I have never really thot about that until you said it. I am hoping it is not the same theme with ASZ. Cause you're right if I am understanding correctly; repeating the same/but different scenario over and over is kinda the same as bad writing. Maybe? Cause I love the show too and don't want to continue to blame all the bad things on it so much I stop watching- but I guess too really the bottom line is the writers. So I have hope ASZ is a "different" community. Least I hoping, but i see your point and totally agree.

10. FutureApocalyps

Funny!

11. Screaminleeman

Dems is fightin' words. You just blasted two of my three favorite new members (Post Greene's farm) of the Rick Grimes group along with Michone. (This obviously excludes Merle as he only re-joined the group at the prison)

Don't get me wrong, I love Tara, Rosita, and don't dislike Abraham or Tyreese. I won't go all negative on Noah, Sasha or Bob.

How is both of the strongest men in the history of TWD Grimes group be considered "sissy killers".

Neither muscular T-dog who got manhandled by Merle, nor Abraham, Merle, Rick or Darryl would be able to even consider the raw human power kill on display in that Governor's zombie-in-a-pit-mosh kill or Tyreese zombie-power-bomb-impalement much less the Gabriel nail-in-foot-zombie-chokeslam-into-mud-pupple-stick kill.