Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Electrified fence fail

Discussion in 'Episode 1011 - Morning Star' started by yuke, Mar 9, 2020.

1. yuke

yuke Member

The electrified fence killed a single walker. Should have just strung up razor wire about head high and decapitate the walkers instead of trying to burn their chests with electricity.

2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, it is a TV show. Plus I was wondering how all those car batteries still had any juice this far into the ZA. Then I told myself "well, it's just a tv show".

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I swear, none of the communities have any sort of trench around their walls.

Reinforced walls are a no-brainer, keeps the living and the dead out...or at least makes it hard for them to get in. But they are well aware there are large hordes out there. They have seen them multiple times.

A large wall isn't going to help you in a situation where a horde comes your way. At absolute best you will be trapped inside your own walls. A trench system surrounding every community would be the best way to go. Hell, heavy machinery would have been easy to come by so you don't have to dig by hand. Dig a trench, about 8 feet across, 8 feet deep, with steep walls, completely surrounding your community. Lone walkers and small groups would easily fall inside and allow you to pick them off. Even hordes would be stopped. Fences fall, a trench would contain them.

• Winner Winner x 4
  4. yuke

yuke Member

Good point. trenches never fail.

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

So many seasons have passed...they still do not have a trench. Back to the days of Rick's prison, I already told them to do it. They just do not listen.

Anyway, I think this electrified wire is something new. Fire does not affect the mobility of a walker. A burning walker can still walk without any effect. They can still see. And it seems that electricity does not have any effect on them too. Eugene might think when a current runs through a walker, this might affect the neurons firing of a walker's nerve system and might fry their brain? Hmmm...I do not know. Might be Eugene had captured a walker and used electricity on him to test the efficiency?

Also, why on earth did the Hilltop people shoot arrows at the horde? Their archery people should stay on top of the wall and shoot arrows at the Whisperers at the back of the horde. If the Whisperers can shoot flaming arrow at the wall, they were at a distance that could be reached by Hilltop archery as well.

Lastly, one big advantage that the Hilltop could have used is: Lydia. Showing her alive to the Whisperers is going to be a big psychological warfare impact.

#5 Blueman, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Please don't remind us of the Battle of Winterfell I'm still recovering from the horrendous final season of Game of Thrones.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Good point about Lydia but way good point about them blindly shooting at the walkers. The only way they will stop them is a shot to the head and they can't guarantee that.....and then....THERE'S the Whisperers. LOL

8. walkon

walkon Active Member

Yep, that's just what I told my dentist a couple months ago. We both watch TWD, and I asked him how did he figure the walkers could rot in body and stay strong in the gums for grindin. He set down his tools of the trade, looked me straight on and told me I had just ruined his favorite show for him. Dang, I said, Doc it's just a tv show! Bad thing about it is I turned him on to the show to begin with. . lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think the phrase "payback is a bitch" was coined by someone who upset their dentist.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Can't believe you upset a dentist while he was working on you!!! That's ballsy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

They seem to just want to use the most ineffective weapons to fight the horde.

The ball and chain Daryl used was so inefficient and energy consuming. They should all just use a long spear.

Remember Rick and Daryl did the motorcycle wire running through a bunch of walkers some episodes back? That was effective.