Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

End of the World Songs

Discussion in 'Episode 1002 - We Are the End of the World' started by Dnae, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Skeeter?????? SKEETER?????? What the hell kind of name is Skeeter?

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I know, right?!? One of the best names ever! From mosquito. :D

3. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

This

And this

Come to mind

Arjen Lucanssen's concept music is definitely interesting and he usually has some fairly famous people playing in his project band(s), though the music isn't for everyone. However about half of his albums seem to cover the end of a/the world in some way, shape or form so all are worth listening to.

They definitely aren't obvious "end of the world" tracks anyway. If I were to go with obvious I would likely fill an entire page.

Since it hasn't been posted:

IIRC "Don't fear the reaper" is the opening for a TV adaption of a Stephen King novel about the accidental spread of a militarized flu virus. Forget the name.

#23 DavidDavidaon, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

@Dnae , Ooh, I just went looking for the backstory thinking it would be something cute. :eek:

Davis was born Mary Frances Penick on December 30, 1931,[2] the first of seven children born to farmer William Lee and Sarah Rachel Penick (née Roberts), in Dry Ridge, Kentucky.[3] Because her grandfather thought she had a lot of energy for a young child, he nicknamed Mary Frances "Skeeter" (slang for mosquito).[4] When Davis was a toddler, her great-uncle was convicted of murdering her maternal grandfather in Indiana.[5] After this incident, Davis recalled that her mother became a "bitterly depressed woman."[6] Throughout her childhood, Davis's mother attempted suicide multiple times, several of which Davis herself prevented from being carried out: "I once slapped a bottle of Clorox she was drinking out of her mouth and sat on her hands to keep her from reaching for a butcher knife," she recalled.[7] On one occasion, her mother attempted to leap from the family's apartment window with Davis and her infant brother in her arms.[7] Her relationship with her mother remained strained throughout much of her life, and by Davis's account, she "couldn't seem to win my mother's respect and affection, [so] I turned my attention toward my daddy."[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeeter_Davis

5. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I wish we had a "good lord" or "that's so messed up" emoji to use as a reaction to the above!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BlackBird

Something very different from the deliciously eclectic playlist above, is Billie Eilish's amazing cover of Rob Dickinson's "The End of the World". I just adore the little punk anyway, I think she's all kinds of wonderful. But this cover simply blew my mind. If you like her, you will love this. If you don't, I wonder if this would change your mind. If you haven't listened to her before, not a bad place to start, but check out her original material. For starters, "Bury a Friend" and "You Should See Me In A Crown" are like a breath of fresh air in the current music scene.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I love her! Her recent appearance on SNL was great. Her duet with her brother was beautiful. She also just seems so damn likable. Loved her chat with Sean Evan's on First We Feast (which if you are not watching this youtube series....do)

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sheesh

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BlackBird

Yay! Great! And I will check out the interview, thanks.
    I'm currently obsessed with Ilomilo and the track she's written inspired by Roma (When I Was Older). And I sing in a choir where we are covering 'Lovely', in a gorgeous arrangement. What are your fave songs?

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

That is the song with Khalid? I like that one also

Favorite song ever? Impossible to choose.

Saturday afternoon, home alone. Cleaning house, reading, etc I can pull up my Sigur Ros playlist or Bob Schneider playlist and I am good for the afternoon

I am OLD so my tastes go from 1970s singer songwriters to Gregorian chants and everything (except country) in between. Favorite songs will change on any given day dependent on my mood

11. BlackBird

Cool. Nice range. I actually meant what were your favourite Billie Eilish songs. I know better than asking favourite song EVER because I know I couldn't make that choice if my life depended on it. (Although it could be narrowed down to Radiohead, most likely. :rolleyes:)

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I like Bellyache

13. BlackBird

Great choice. :D

14. BlackBird

Lol, just watched Billie on the FWF show. She's just adorable, in a bitchy, burpy, bonkers sort of way. :)

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah, she is 17 and kind of Goofy and does not take herself seriously at this point

16. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

An earlier post reminded me of this stupid, but rockin', song with unexpectedly profound lyrics.

"History shows again and again
    How nature points out the folly of man"

17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

What? You've got Blackbird by the Beatles, and Blackbird by Nina Simone, and you go with Radiohead? ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. BlackBird

True dat. :) I'd even bypass Blackbird Song by Lee DeWyze. Possibly the tune behind my username? :p

But for me Radiohead, and anything Thom Yorke has ever done, is pretty much the Ultimate in music. :)

19. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I didn't remember that song. I can understand that there's a link to TWD, but it's far and away the lesser Blackbird song!

I'll admit I only know a few songs by Radiohead, they're pretty good. Not good enough for me to really want to dig into their stuff, but what do I know? I'm the guy who listens to this and go wow:

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am by no means a Radiohead aficionado but I could listen, on repeat, to High and Dry and Fake Plastic Trees

Matter of fact I believe I will pull up Spotify and do just that ;)

pssst - I am not a fan of Blackbird by the Beatles so I am glad that your blackbird avi is not an homage to that song