Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Epi 1016 Finale Update to be announced at SDCC Panel

Discussion in 'Episode 1015 - The Tower' started by Dnae, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

https://undeadwalking.com/2020/06/24/walking-dead-season-10-finale-news-sdcc-home/

Fans will finally get an update about The Walking Dead season finale at SDCC
    It has been a minute since The Walking Dead came to an abrupt halt in April after the penultimate episode of the season. That episode, 1015, became the de facto finale and temporary placeholder for the season finale thanks to post-production delays on the actual finale. Now, fans will finally (hopefully) learn more about “A Certain Doom” at the SDCC at Home event in July.

SDCC at Home takes place July 22-26 and it’s open to fans all over the world at no cost. That means fans will be able to tune in for Hall H-level panels from the comfort of their homes, with no need to camp in long lines overnight.

AMC announced that the TWD panel will feature an update on The Walking Dead season 10 finale, “A Certain Doom”, and according to the press release it “will air as a standalone episode later this year” so that means there could be a trailer for it, but don’t expect the episode any time soon. It doesn’t sound like it’s coming for a while.

Naturally there has been a lot of social media speculation about the season finale. Many fans believe that AMC is withholding it on purpose, that the episode has been done for a long time and that AMC is holding it back for higher ratings later. It’s easy to see why some people feel this way. The lack of a proper finale has been a thorn in fans’ sides since the initial announcement of a delay.

The reality is a lot more complex. While The Walking Dead films in Georgia, post-production takes place in Los Angeles and even with studios getting the green light to start work again, no one seems to be hurrying back to the editing bays because COVID-19 is spiking more than ever.

It was unfortunate that Robert Kirkman said in an interview there is a date in mind because that quote seems to have been misconstrued about a dozen times over, leading to anger that the episode is being held back on purpose. That doesn’t seem to be the case given that there are no indications that the post-production work has been finished yet.

For now, as hard as it is, we can rest assured that news is coming, and the episode will arrive at some point this year. Silver linings, right?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, @Dnae.
    Can’t wait to see it!

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Will the entire con be available on AMC, or just the walking dead panel?

The truth is out there

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I would think that only their shows would be available on AMC if in fact that will be where to watch the panels. I do not recall in any of the articles I have read that it has given out specifics other than what shows and the panel guests.

I would think that the con will have its own link to provide to watch all panels and events that will be available.

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response. I would love to give you a click on the rewards buttons, but I’m on tap a talk
    So here
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhh I'll take that!!

7. Oshawott

Oshawott New Member

So they've basically just announced an announcement...?

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I would say that most panels at a con actually do utilize their time to make an announcement or two. Not uncommon.

But the announcement was, quite obviously, more than just about the finale air date. Panel guests, what shows will be participating in the panels, the fact that they are going to have a presence at the SDCC con at home event, etc.

And yes, I get it. Sarcasm was more than likely your intention. But there are others who are genuinely interested in watching these events.

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Honestly think airing it as a standalone episode is a mistake. Practically all momentum that season 10 had is gone now. There are probably going to be a lot of people who forget to tune in (or simply choose not to) if they air it as a standalone. Just have it be the initial episode of season 11.

10. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

But that would mean we couldn’t see it till next year the earliest!! No, no, no, no, no!!! It would kill me if I had to wait that long to know that Connie’s ok and Beta is offed.

I’m sure they’d replay the last few episodes, possibly the entire 10B, prior to showing the finale, to get people back in the groove.

I’m in the groove already. JS. :p

11. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Since the show likes to do flashbacks so much, air it AFTER the S11Ep1, as a flashback.:D