Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Episode 1109

Discussion in 'Episode 1109 - No Other Way' started by Blueman, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Shall we start talking about 11x09?

Let's have a roll call and see who is still here (to the end)?

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'm still here, but the numbers are dwindling. Maybe more will return after the premiere in a couple of weeks.

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I’m here and will watch to the end. Then I will probably fade away
    Hopefully, one of the admins will add the episodes for part 2.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I still occasionally come on just to see what people say but I haven't watched any episodes since the first two or three of season 11. And I find myself having little interest in watching anything more Walking Dead. It will be interesting to see when AMC finally decides to pull the plug on the franchise. I have a feeling once the new series' fail to get much of an audience that will be all she wrote for this universe.

I honestly don't see how AMC thinks they can keep a shared universe going when something like World Beyond was only getting half a million viewers. And it's not like they have a streaming site with tens of millions of subscribers. Last I saw AMC plus only had like two million subscribers.

#4 lastcat3, Feb 11, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  5. Stealth

One of their biggest mistakes was Fear. They oversaturated the market with zombie shows. I think it would've been better if they'd planned it to follow the conclusion of TWD and with the beginning more fully focused on the original outbreak. I'll never forget my disappointment when they suddenly time skipped civilization falling apart to the same vast wasteland that Rick encountered. That was a missed opportunity. But I guess they didn't want to spend the money on it at that time.

If they had done a companion series then instead, for instance a season with the Governor's backstory, and another with Abe's etc, I think that could've worked and been a good supplement to the show.

So many bad choices. They thought they were going to form a Marvel or Star Wars universe and they ran the franchise into the abyss instead.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Moving this thread to the newly created forum. Discuss away!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The truth is out there

8. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Hi remaining TWD fans! I’m still here! Really excited to see the next 8 episodes. Definitely will watch to the end, and also give a chance to any spin-offs that involve characters from the original show. Not bothering with Fear or The World Beyond after most of you were so disappointed. I agree totally with Stealth regarding Fear. I watched the first season thinking we would get more of the beginning as promised but the beginning was all done by the end of the first short season. So I never carried on, as it felt a superfluous show to me, showing us another group with much less relatable characters than the main show.

• Like Like x 2
  9. lastcat3

The fact that the main show went on for as long as it did without anykind of long-term plan is also a big factor. People like to know the general direction things are going and what the ultimate end game is. For most of it's existence TWD lacked both of those things. It more or less seems to be a ratings issue as to why they are ending it now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I’ll watch until the end because just like a book, I wouldn’t read it until the last chapter then give it the heave ho. I want to see how they wind things up and I hope I’m not disappointed. That ending will help me decide if I want to invest my time in spin-offs.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stealth

I rarely quit on series. The only one I recently did that with was Ozark because it became so implausible and eye rolling. But I've watched some terrible endings of once good shows, like Dexter.

I think the key for any sort of decent ending to TWD is that they MUST bring back Rick and Michonne and end their stores on the main show. I'm afraid though the man of gimmicks, Gimple, lacks the capacity to see this, even after his other ploys have led to the erosion of the fanbase.

And it can't just be an annoying cameo at the end. They should be in most of the final 8 episodes. This, more than anything, would kindle interest for any spinoffs, or movies, involving Rick and the others.

Vince Gilligan built a prequel series on a character that everyone knows his fate from Breaking Bad, but the journey is so good that it doesn't matter. The same could be done with Rick. But they need to wrap it up on TWD, or for me it's a failure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. lastcat3

To be honest at this point I'm not sure they would be willing to fork over the money that both Andrew Lincoln and Danai would demand for making any significant appearances.

Even when the show was a ratings juggernaut they still were trying to spend as little as they possibly could.

13. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I'm not here much but stopped by after I just watched 1109 on AMC+. I won't spoil anything since no one else has probably seen it but I thought it was pretty great including a few big surprises. some real twists towards the end. hopefully you all enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
  14. BlackBird

I’ve also just seen it and liked it!

Some brilliant moments in the episode.

More later!

15. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

I'll be here too, but just by chance found out the new season starts Feb. 20th. As I no longer get AMC, I'm ever so grateful to be able to watch the episodes here.

16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I have also watched it.
    Ready to talk when everyone has too.

17. BlackBird

I guess we can talk about it in the Rate It thread? That’s obviously a thread for those who’ve seen the episode?

18. BlackBird

I think we will only get them back in the final episode. I reckon they’ll do a flash forward at the end and we’ll see the remaining survivors in the far future: Carol, Daryl, Michonne, Rick, the kids for sure and hopefully quite a few of the others, living together.

Then the films will fill in the gap, how Michonne will find him and how they’ll all reunite. If they’ll ever make those films.

Good news is that Andy is in Georgia, was photographed with Norman yesterday, and they’re just about to start filming the finale, so the timing is pretty good and promising.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaL7Smq...d&ig_mid=6E8B0883-EC3A-4EF1-8952-9FDC8FDF88E2

19. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

I’m here until the end!! I am committed to seeing it through… like a bad relationship that ends with one person dying instead of divorce LOL. But seriously, any type of show I love always ends up dwindling toward the end. My biggest complaint is that they didn’t run a marathon of episodes… because it’s all reserved for AMC+. @Sharpie61 @VenomGA hope you guys are joining too!

• Like Like x 1
  20. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

I will be here tonight. While i have given up on Fear and the 3rd series, i will watch this one to the end. Hope @Sharpie61, @GregsGirl and others will be here too. I am already pregaming LOL