Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Episode 416 - "A" COMPLAINTS

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by TheGreatOnion, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

F*ck you Derle for being out of character. HoW DaRE YOU!

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Thanks. I wasn't sure what he said in that one part of the line-- he kind of slur/mumbled it, but you're right.

And I agree about daryl buying them time. Stupid people (who will remain unnamed) like to suggest that Carl lost all of his badass points because he didn't just shoot Dan with the Uzi. But, just like Daryl, Carl was too smart to just open fire. If they had come in, guns and crossbows blazing, Rick and michonne would have been shot for sure, and Carl and Daryl also would have likely been killed. The ONLY way out was exactly what happened. Use violence of action-- shock the enemy, make them too stunned to react, then kill them all before they realize what's happening.

And I agree. The termites are ****ed. My prediction is that the group will let out ALL of their "monsters" on the termites. Especially Carl. In the comics, the thing that spurs him into talking to Rick about his dark side is the hunters, combined with him killing Ben. They gave away that opportunity on TV, so he has to have SOMETHING happen to lead up to that conversation. My guess (and hope) is that the termites kill Judith, and as payment, Carl kills the last few who try to surrender. Then Rick starts the conversation, just like in the books.

Whatever happens, it's going to be brutal. It's gonna be epic. And the termites won't know what hit them until its too late.

3. Maxum

Maxum New Member

Agreed. I think people expect and want Daryl Dixon to always be the bad*** rather than a logical thinker. There was NO way he was going to realistically take out five guys with a crossbow, and save Rick, Michonne, and Carl - and himself. Daryl was not expecting to see Rick and Michonne, and it stunned him just as it stunned them when they saw him. Then Daryl had to think on his feet and try and defuse the situation with minimal bloodshed. Offering himself to get beat down in place of Rick was what I expected of him, just as I expected Rick and Michonne to turn the tables immediately.

What I loved about the fight with Joe and the marauders and what ties into this statement is that when Rick ripped out Joe's throat, it absolutely stunned Joe's guys into inaction. They were shocked. Michonne and Daryl were the opposite. They immediately reacted and took advantage of the millisecond of hesitation, and were able to take out those still standing, leaving the pedophile to Rick. So when Rick says that they have no idea who they are screwing with, he's right. Joe was smug. He had them outgunned five to three, and all were unarmed. Yet in the end, Rick, Michonne, and Daryl were the only ones left standing. That's what the termites are up against.

I'd be careful to assume that the episodes will be like the comics or the books - just to avoid any disappointment for you. I think Kirkman doesn't want to be predictable, and so he gives some similar events from the comics, but he changes things up too, which makes the story unpredictable. I don't read the comics. So it's all new to me. I don't see Carl being the big bad because he's too young for me to see him being that kind of character, at least not yet. I think that one or two of Rick's group (has to be Daryl or Michonne because they know where the guns were buried) will sneak out of Terminus and return in key positions to cover Rick and company to overthrow the termites. It could be Carl too, but I see him sticking close to Rick for some reason.

That's what I'm hoping. I'm trying not to get my expectations too high because the spoilers for the finale were all over the place, and I was expecting a death, didn't get one - THANK GOD, but it gave me such anxiety anticipating one.

#163 Maxum, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

No, that's not how it goes down in the books. I just meant they will have their conversation from the books, which they NEED to have. The scene where Carl talks to michonne in the finale was a tease of something that happens in the books, but then it was carl talking directly to Rick. And I know it was just a tease, because they left some specific things out-- some questions that cannot go unanswered. He will explain a lot more about his "thoughts," and why he fears them so much. In that context, his thoughts were that he doesn't fear his dad-- he WANTED him to do what he did to Dan. In fact, he wanted to help.

Also, some things gimple and kirkman have said in interviews about season 5-- about big things and changes ahead for carl. And that what he went through "will not be glossed over." All I know is, they need to have that conversation. Him killing some termites is simply the best way I can think of him to cause that conversation to happen. We need to see his darkest dark side to make his confession that he fears it that much more powerful.

He never becomes a "big bad." He's just a good guy with a dark side he is afraid could grow to control him. But the fact that he fears it actually means he's conquered it. This is basically the takeaway from their conversation, which I maintain needs to happen. It's a huge part of Carl's development-- perhaps as big as the fall of the prison, or him shooting Shane. Maybe even bigger.

5. Maxum

Maxum New Member

Ah, gotcha.

I see what you're saying. It's more about building Carl's character next season and working towards the Carl he becomes (I would assume) in the comics.

Thanks for the insight. I think pretty much everyone in Team Prison are good people with a dark side. All have the potential of being really dark if and when they need to be, and it makes sense that Carl would not be spared either.

6. CrazyWalkers

CrazyWalkers New Member

Hi, maybe I'm going to seem ridiculous but what/who is cowbell ? :zombies_confused:

Otherwise, this episode was awesome ! And the last rick's words were really great ! I enjoyed it !
    Rick is right, the people of the terminus are screwing with the wrong people :Grin:

However, I found the season too long sometimes. The group stayed separeted too long, some episodes were a bit boring, it's only my opinion.
    But with this final the season 5 should be tremendous, I hope !

#166 CrazyWalkers, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  7. DombrowskiX

DombrowskiX New Member

I enjoyed this episode. My only complaint is that Maggie seems to have forgotten she has a sister. I guess Darryl will remind her as they kill time in the rail car.

8. Profit5500

Profit5500 Member

I think they could have elaborated a bit more on Terminus. It was good that they arrived to Terminus only to now become prisoner to the vicious leader named Gareth.

9. iwatchwd2014

iwatchwd2014 New Member

well i mean ,what the heck was he supposed to do, just shoot all the baddies? i think it's pretty stupid whether real life or on tv when cops yell" stop!" to criminals and they run every single time anyways. i mean who doesn't run.

i suppose the smart way is to like disable the enemy rather than warn them and allow opportunity to flee with ,"stop!".

#169 iwatchwd2014, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  10. EllissonWatson

EllissonWatson New Member

Not enough Tara in a bikini top.