Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Episode 509 Channel 4 Live

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - Channel 4' started by Sharpie61, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

That was my ankle. The swelling has finally gone, but I still limp

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

Love the mind field blowing up the walkers. I haven't enjoyed this much in a while LOL

3. VenomGA

Good luck to you. try to stay off of it as much as you can, plus elevate it and put some ice to get the swelling down

4. Sharpie61

Morgan just stepped on his future, or possibly the short end of it

The truth is out there

5. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

Other than the mines this isn't an improvement over the first half. The Talking Dead episode was more entertaining....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sharpie61

I liked the Talking Dead. It got me excited for 10.
    This show has gone down since Gimple took over.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. VenomGA

come on Morgan, you can do it

8. VenomGA

DAMN Gimple, he ruins everything.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

Yep - a couple of the story lines sound really good. Just hope they don't screw it up. And if Fear is going to be find & save a person each episode I think it will get old very quickly.

10. VenomGA

agreed

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It's already old.
    Has it been 3 weeks already? I totally missed it tonight because I forgot all about it. Have the later airing set to PVR along TTD. Sounds like I can fast forward through a lot of it from what I'm reading on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

No anticipation that morgan would die really. besides being the main character, they were telling the story in the past tense in the monologues and Morgan was still alive.

If they do decide to kill Morgan off in the future, they should at least ship him back over to the flagship for a proper sendoff

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The whole "we're filming everything" routine doesn't work for me. It takes you out of the episode, eliminates any suspense and it's just not realistic that they'd continue to film during life or death situations. Oh wow, Morgan might blow up, let me get this on film for posterity!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm convinced.

These show runners have no idea how to tell a long story with multiple arcs. All they do is come up with a bunch of ideas, little "wouldn't this be cool" moments and try to make a cohesive story around those moments.

This episode: "Imagine someone using actual land mines to protect their house." Then write an entire episode around that one moment. Just like "Imagine being stuck on an island" or "imagine if you were poisioned".

They aren't telling a story, they are showing us these little moments they think would be cool and trying to turn that into a story.

Seriously, I say this over and over again. How these writers keep getting work?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Oh, and that "commercial" they filmed. Holy shit, did anybody else expect a 1800 number to pop up at the bottom letting people know where they can call to donate? I was fully expecting Sally Struthers to show up in the commercial telling us we can save a life for the price of a coffee.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I watched TWD season 10 special that aired prior to the episode of Fear. Sadly I neglected to exit AMC and the episode was playing in the background. It was so SO lame.

Here are my thoughts and what it would take to get me to become an active watcher once again (but seriously who gives a rats ass if I watch or not? :D)

1. Get rid of truck drive lady and take her brother with her
    2. Get rid of June
    3. Enough of Strand and his attempts to wow us with his ridiculous philosophies
    4. Get rid of the so called showrunners. They are more apt to run the show into the ground than anything
    5. Get rid of all those damn kids
    6. Keep Dorie if you must but by god rid him of that "aww shucks" schtick
    7. Enough do gooder crap already - They keep this up then they need to rename the show Hug the Walking Dead
    8. For two seasons now we have all bitched about that damn filter! ENOUGH
    9. Did I mention get rid of the showrunners - NOW. Or else season 6 is going to be one massive shite show
    I could go on but what's the point. It has all been said before. Well maybe not the June bit. I seem to be the only one who cannot stand her character.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

New filters. Now we are getting the blue and green vision of the world. It's much more attractive than the dull beige look, but it makes no sense. I figured the beige look was to impress us that life is horrible, but is there any point to the blue and green look? I don't even care, actually. At least it's prettier.

I would rate this episode a 5 because at least I didn't feel venomous at the writers. I expected nothing; I got nothing. I think this is a "Neuro 5."

Did Daniel give Dwight a haircut after they walked into the van? That is the most interesting plot thread: Will Dwight get a haircut.

I liked the guy who had found a sweet spot to live that had food supplies and a pharmacy and called them to say Come kill me and get these supplies. It sounded like such a good place, I wondered how he got bitten.

I enjoyed John's mustard expression. His deadpan delivery cracks me up.

I don't like the look of the new black guy who has some connection to Logan. Yes, that's shallow of me, but the visceral aversion keeps me from caring about him. I wasn't attentive enough to follow the backstory for the ill will between the new guy and Logan, and I wasn't about to rewind to figure it out. Blech. I just couldn't care less.

I don't know why June's mission is to find a good place for them all to live. They already have a great spot by the river, but they chose to be vagabonds -- the better to Do Good, of course. Stupidosity rules.

18. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

And real-life Al's hair. Barf. The bleached blonde color on Talking Dead was distractingly ugly. Shudder. It's her head, her hair, and she can do anything she wants, but I'm glad I don't have to look at that.

What with me and hair today. I don't know. Just grumpy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Terminator

I actually really liked her look on TTD. I thought it looked pretty hot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Terminator

I'd seen some of the comments on here before I watched the episode and I can't say I disagree. It was extremely boring and again, just some plain stupid storytelling.

- Why waste bullets on the walkers the house? Let them walk into the yard and blow up a safe path to the house. Then take out what you have to after that.
    - Whoever was filming Morgan apparently sees the mine, under the dirt, under his foot, before he realizes he's stepped on it.
    - I'm soooo sick of the Sarah character.
    - The timeline is way off. They said the woman hadn't been out of her house since the ZA started, but later said she hadn't been out in 2 years. That's crap then because with Dwight leaving TWD when Judith is at least 3 if not 4, and meeting up with these guys they should be 4-5 years into FTWD.
    - Alicia is becoming too Morganized. Now she's taking "stick" lessons from him and looked like she was going to let the walker by the tree take her out.
    - How did that video the Wes character was watching get to that tv? Did they just randomly leave it at a drop off hoping someone would watch it? And how was there hydro there to watch it? A generator perhaps I suppose.

Not a great start to the second half. IMO

• Like Like x 3