Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene and the unknown man

Discussion in 'Episode 711 - Hostiles and Calamities' started by Blueman, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I have only watched the episode once and I might rewatch again. But there is one scene that I am not making a good meaning of it. That is, when Eugene was touring the 'warehouse' and just before he went in to the line, he noticed a long hair guy 'stealing' something and that guy knew Eugene saw his act and he, sort of, sneaked away.

What is this encounter supposed to mean? Is there going to be some followup to this 'encounter'? eg Eugene blackmails this guy to do something or else he turns him in?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I think Eugene is supposed to be the guy who does what he has to to survive, which includes playing Negan's game. He knows he's a coward and harbours no delusions about becoming a hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

He had to decide right then and now whether he would be the Butcher or Cattle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

It also lets us know that he is still a good guy, because we won't see him turn the guy in. And that guy will know Eugene isn't a typical Savior when he doesn't get turned in.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Chief Brody

Chief Brody Member

That was a guy I thought it was a female.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It was the same person watching Dwight go through the footlocker for mustard in an earlier episode.

Not my catch, I saw it on a video somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling, that guy will be beneficial to Eugene in the future.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That guy is the son of the older red headed guy who was beat to death in the episode Cell, for stealing. His father was beat to death for it, and now he is doing the same behavior. Maybe Eugene will help break the cycle.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I do not remember an older red headed guy being beaten to death for stealing....How do you connect them together? Do they, kind of, look similar?

Anyway, maybe this part is not meant to show that Eugene wants to keep a low profile. Maybe, when AOW starts, Eugene, being the inside guy, would get help from this guy for not turning him in? Maybe this guy's stealing is just a hint to show hidden dissatisfaction among the Saviours?

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

In Cell, you see a man in the background being beaten by other men, apparently after stealing. Dwight then goes into that man's sleeping area, and retrieves the stolen items from a backpack. The young red headed kid [who stole in last week's episode] and a middle aged woman look on as Dwight goes through the pack. They are meant to be the stealer's family, it seems.

Later in The Cell, you can see the older red headed guy who stole is now a walker in the moat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I think the red-haired man (a worker) was beaten to death because he got into an argument over not being able to afford food or whatever from a vendor's table. That's what I took from that scene. And then Story Sync for 7x11 sort of confirmed that notion. The pregnant wife was seen again, behind Amber and Frankie in the Dr. Carson death scene. The long-haired son is there too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

That was a guy???

13. calliope

calliope Active Member

I think they're trying to humanize some of the background figures at the Sanctuary as well as show us that there is dissent and dissatisfaction within the average people there who work for points. I assume this will come into play when we see our group in conflict with the people of the Sanctuary. Either creating a moral dilemma for some, or as unexpected allies for us.

It does seem that this young man with the long red hair is family to the man who was killed by the Saviors in The Cell in a dispute over food. There was also a woman who appeared to be pregnant with the family in cubicle 39. Dwight stole their pickles from a footlocker, which I think is as much an indicator that Dwight is a douche as any of his larger offenses.

• Like Like x 2