Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene At Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Episode 901 - A New Beginning' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Does it work for you? Would it work for the Saviors? Would it be safe for Eugene, who killed or maimed like 80 of them?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Ooh, good point. Yeah, I think Eugene's safe. Think of all the torture Negan inflicted and they didn't rise up against him. They are used to being subservient, and Eugene's injuries were a part of war. A year and a half has gone by, so I would think they have accepted the war injuries and deaths.

If a lot of the Sanctuary warriors were killed, I think that culling would actually make the Sanctuary a safer group to deal with.

Eugene's probably more at risk due to the Sanctuary not thriving. As Daryl said, "It's a damned factory," so I wondered why they haven't moved to a community where they can farm. I guess because they are not trusted, but Alexandria and Hilltop should have absorbed as many as possible. Nothing good is going to come of isolating them.

I think it would be fun to see Eugene in charge.

#2 Lindigo, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

One thing this might open up, is a chance to more realistically pursue Eugene's comic romance story line, but with Frankie or Tanya. Both of them seemed to genuinely enjoy Eugene's science tricks, and seem like the type of women who might go for a nerdy guy. At least Tanya. A Euganya romance I think would be more believable than with

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Did they wipe out all the outposts or there may still be some minor outposts out there?

5. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I like Eugene there and also I think The Sanctuary is a much needed facility due to their ability to smolder metal as Eugene pointed out upon his capture when he suggested dousing the fence walkers in metal to bond them to the fence itself.

They could (if they haven't already) create more metal sheets etc to build walls for protection as well as other things.

I think the "damn factory" could be just as valuable as the Hilltop is to the communities in terms of a metal supplier etc just as Hilltop is as a food supplier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

It seems like the factory is mostly workers and families, notice the kids when Potter first praises Rick after Mel announces his arrival? And all the happy faces when Rick announces they’ll be helping the Sanctuary? There are “Saviors/soldiers” there, as I recognize a bunch from last season. But it seems mostly noncombatants, though as we saw some of the once-soldiers are sour and miss Negan’s days. That will cause issues (ahem Justin, Jed)

7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It's a great point. I did get the impression that most of the saviors on the firing line died, so maybe the ones who survived weren't actually hurt.

Either way, it's a great point. Hell, having Daryl lead them is a bad move too, I'm sure they know he was the one who was prisoned there and killed Joey.

Carol makes more sense, she had no actual connection to the sanctuary.

8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

He still most probably killed lots of their friends. Makes no sense to me, they'd skin him alive.

• Like Like x 1