Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene & The Whisperers

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by WillyJakkz, Nov 30, 2018.

1. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Is it me or did anyone else get the idea that the Whisperers weren't really looking to kill Eugene?

It seemed like they essentially wanted to capture him but attack anyone with him (not sure how they'd pull it off with walkers surrounding him).

I say this because when Daryl Jesus and Aaron found Eugene, he stated they (the herd) wasn't normal, they circled back around twice like they were looking for me. (Paraphrasing).

Maybe they had other plans for Eugene (I don't read the graphic novels so I've no idea) but killing him didn't seem to be the motive...at least not initially.

Just seems strange they would continue to search for him for so long to no avail until he was found by the group.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Possible but unlikely.
    What I get from Eugene's saying (''they were looking for me'') is that a normal herd will just go on more or less in a linear direction. Once the herd passed the barn that Eugene was hiding, a normal herd would just move on. But that herd kept circling back two more times and so this appears that the herd had a particular purpose rather than just random looking for human food.

And, their searching for Eugene for so long without finding him is mainly due to Eugene's well hidden place underneath the floor with hay covering. If it was not the dog, Daryl+Jesus+Aaron would not be able to find him too.

I said, it is possible because the whisperers might send someone climbing up the water tower to see what Eugene has done up there. Maybe they discovered Eugene's little signal amplifier and they now knew Eugene is someone with a real brain and might be useful in many other ways and, so they decide to capture him alive.

#2 Blueman, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Interesting theory. Circling twice just to get him does seem a little motivated.

At first I thought maybe since E/R picked up on their strange behavior then heard the whispering, they felt urgency to find them before their secret existence was out, but that didn't hold water since Rosita escaped.

So why would they make such an effort to get Eugene? Honestly, no idea. I like the kidnapping angle though. Without more info on their motivation (don't read the books either) I can't even guess.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I didn't think about that, very interesting point in the Whisperers wanting to keep their existence a secret.

5. Seventh_son

Cat's out of the bag now!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I didn't get a sense of any particular mission they Whisperer's had in mind looking for Eugene. They were chasing him in the same manner all horror film evil tribal hill-people, zombie skin wearing folk do. Just cause reasons.

Unless they were after him like Ned Betty in Deliverance. Eww.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Seventh_son

Ha! Squeal Eugene!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I see it this way. The whisperers know that most people aren't going to just keep running from walkers or even put that much effort into hiding. They know that walkers don't actively search for you, so there really isn't the need to put too much thought into your hiding. Just duck down somewhere and wait for them to pass.

The whisperers know that so they can use that to their advantage. By actually looking around as they walk they can spot someone hiding in a location that walkers wouldn't. They don't want to blow their cover in case the person(s) they are looking for gets away. If they start breaking character and lifting stuff and opening doors, the person escaping will be able to tell others about these people and they will lose their advantage of hiding in plain sight. So in the case of Eugene they know he is somewhere in the area and if they keep circling back they will eventually catch sight of him.

I think that's why they were so willing to blow that cover in the cemetery because they figured they had the group cornered and could kill/capture them and the secret would still be safe. Now that we know they escape, the Whisperers can reveal themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

they were shopping for new suits, and somebody wanted the ponytail, and it was the right size

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Why call them the whisperers and not the Walkie Talkies?

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Hey! That’s in my siggie!!

12. Seventh_son

Har!

"You're gonna LOVE the way you look!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Seventh_son

I'm a dum-dum @PepperAnn, what's a "siggie"?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

just above the gif of the tail-wagging doggies, there is a link to PepperAnn's walkietalkie web site.

My siggie is the "Walter Brennan cat" riding in the pick-up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lindigo

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seventh_son

Thank you!

17. Seventh_son

Walter Brennan. Now there's a name you don't hear everyday. Nice!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lindigo

You can make one for yourself. Click on your name in the top right-hand corner and select Signature from the drop-down menu.

19. Lindigo

That's why I thought I should post a reference picture for the young whippersnappers, :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Seventh_son

And thanks once again. I believe I will do just that.

• Like Like x 1