Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene

Discussion in 'Episode 904 - The Obliged' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I've always liked Eugene, but I'm glad they are giving him even more depth this season. He is no longer superficially cocksure about his capabilities and his intelligence. He is second guessing himself and his abilities, and he is has a troubled conscious regarding the past. Eugene is shaping up to continue being my favorite character this season.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yep. I like that we are being given some layers to Eugene. His guilt in regard to the part he played in ending the war is evident. And then last night we see for the first time Eugene second guessing himself. Wishing that he could have done more, known more in order to get the bridge built and secure. And Rick's pat on the shoulder in an attempt to ease Eugene's regret (and I also think a moment to offer forgiveness for his momentary lapse in judgement in siding with Negan) was a nice touch and also that we see it meant a great deal to Eugene

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I agree. I felt the same way about his episode at the Sanctuary where we saw him struggling with his decisions and taking his nightly shots of wine...it made him seem more human. This moment with Rick illustrated how much it means to Eugene to be not only redeemed in Rick's (and everyone else's) eyes, but for his efforts to be recognized and appreciated. I know one main reason he was willing to join Negan was the way Negan made him feel useful and appreciated for the time being. You can see he genuinely regrets it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Never once did you waiver in your devotion!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I couldn't desert my man! lol. Although he did test me at times.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Agree with everything said. There was a difference in Eugene this ep. A good one. All I've ever seen him was either cocky or afraid, so it was nice to see him unsure of things. Even nicer that he choked up a bit after Rick's pat on the shoulder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I wish this forum had a "spectacular" button!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Basically a guy who is wicked smart but is coming to terms with his abilities. Knowing he bullshits his way through a lot of things but people are actually relying on him and he is afraid he will let them down.

All of the characters have been developed better in these first 4 episodes than all of the past two seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Eugene made a funny. I like it when he does that. It makes up for his haircut :D

10. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I agree, that his vulnerability makes Eugene more believable. And of course he is trying to redeem himself. I really can't wait what they will have in store for Eugene this season.

• Agree Agree x 1