Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene

Discussion in 'Episode 1003 - Ghosts' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It was interesting that they inserted the Eugita drama into this particular episode, and not as a very brief encounter either, but spread out over 2 or more minutes. It is definitely significant for the future. Its a bit odd that Eugene is doing this now, after seeming to have accepted the situation in S9, going so far as to give Gabriel good advice in terms of his relationship with Rosita. Odd, but not unrealistic. Love is strange, and I can easily see that he would still harbor lots of hopes despite trying to be productive in the given situation. I think we are leading towards one of two things here.

Either Eugene, out of heartbreak, is going to do something stupid, causing a wrench in the current storyline, OR Rosita is going to die this season, leaving Siddiq/Eugene/Gabe in very emotional states and all trying to cling to Rosita through Coco. It could be interesting to watch those three deal with the aftermath of Rosita's death, and deal with each other. It could even be that Dante is being set up to be Siddiq's rock as he grieves.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Oh please no.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I posted in the rating thread that I thought the exchanges between the two was a set up for future story line. I also believe it is the beginning of the end for Rosita. Gabriel made a point to state that Rosita should not put herself in harms way since she is the only one who can feed CoCo

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Makes me feel sorry for Eugene. If anyone needs someone to love, it’s him. Why pick someone who’s kinda out of reach? I guess it’s a good example of the heart wants what the heart wants. Is it setting us up for something to happen to Rosita? God, I hope not, but who knows.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't think anything is going to happen to Rosita. Eventually she might come back around to Eugene. I find it bizarre that she's with Gabriel. That's such a weird fit. They should've flipped it and had her with him once, and in the relationship with Siddiq.

Anyway, what I think is being setup is that Eugene is going to back off now. She'll miss him being around. Gabriel will die, and Siddiq will be unhinged, so she'll end up relying on Eugene more toward the end of this whole arc.

• Like Like x 4
  6. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

This is very plausible and I would put my money on this scenario too.
    In fact, it would make a really good story.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

So...Eugene still has a chance to be rezoned into love town?

I think Siddiq will die first. I think to spend so much time on showing his PTSD (or guilt) is to set him up to break out of it and that's going to be done with a heroic step up either into a newer braver Siddiq or a sacrifice resulting in his death...may be to save Judith as a nod to the Carl bringing him to Alexandria.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Although the TV show is drastically different from the comics now, there Rosita has a relationship with Eugene and leaves him. My money is on them flipping it around. The actors seem to have decent chemistry together too in their scenes. She plays off of his weirdness well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Not that anyone was asking.....

But this works for me.

• Agree Agree x 2