Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene's Confession

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by The Samurai, Nov 10, 2014.

1. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

Did you like how it was delivered and played out? Do you feel bad for Eugene, or mad at Eugene? Do you want him to still be a part of the group and redeem himself, or send him packing, or kill him off? Lastly, how will Rick react when he learns about this?

2. Walker Caravan

I liked that it surprised me. I read the comic and spoilers and such so I knew it was coming at some point, but I didn't expect it when it happened. Liked that part.

I get why he did it and if I was in the group I'd just take it in stride and keep him on board and keep on living...

I kinda hope Rick just gives his intense listening stare and then says something like "Yeah. I knew. I knew all along. You'd have to be Stupid to believe that story. I just didn't want to kill your hope. We've still got a few more holes to dig. *tosses Abe a shovel*"

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rick will consider Eugene an asshole, and maybe briefly want to send him packing, but I don't think Rick had all that much emotion invested into the Washington trip anyway. He only agreed to it when he sensed that was what everyone wanted to do, and that decision only lasted like an hour until all hell broke lose and Daryl and Carol disappeared. Rick will let Glenn and the others talk him into keeping Eugene around fairly easily.

I'd let Eugene stay. Now that the lie is out, I wouldn't see him as a threat, and when you look at the kinds of people that are left in this world, Eugene's not so bad. He has the potential to be an asset still. He would definitely need to go through some self defense and walker combat training if he wanted to stay with me though. Everyone pulls his weight. Knowing how to start fires with batteries and how to make batteries using coins is all good, but you have to be able to defend yourself and others.

4. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I thought he did a good job with it and the entire scene worked for me. We got to the confession in one episode so I'm happy. I don't really feel bad for him - to many people died following his lies - but his beating was restitution and his confession seemed authentic so I think they should keep him around for awhile - even if they do treat him like a second class citizen until he proves himself. If they (Abe and Rick) are smart - they will realize they might need a brainy guy at some point. I think Rick's reaction will mostly be to Abe. Telling Rick about Eugene will be the vehicle that gets Abe to tell him about his killer gone crazy side. Rick will accept Abe and Eugene is accepted by default without really getting into it.

I just want the Rick and Abe scene so try and fit everything in around it - ha!

5. Something2Fear

Even though I liked the comic version of the confession scene better overall, the addition of the flashbacks made me feel more sorry for Abe and it was way more satisfying when he beat the snot out of Eugene.

6. lurkers&roamers

I don't fault Eugene too much for the lie. He knows his strengths and weaknesses and decided it would be his best bet for survival. What I don't like is how he sabotaged the bus, which could have killed them all. I do think he has a useful skill set, so I think the group should keep him around. Doesn't mean they have to like him, but he has the potential to be an asset to the group. I say they should keep him around, but forgiveness will understandably take a lot of time.

7. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

I really can't blame Eugene; He wanted to survive and he relied on his one skill to do it. I think they'll forgive him and learn to exploit his assets for their own good.

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm kind of torn...he seems harmless now because his secret is out, but at the same time he put a lot of people in danger. If they let him stay he better start manning up a little...no more sitting back while everyone protects him. Maybe that's why they showed his feeble attempt at killing a walker...to show that he will come around.

9. Neuropyramidal

I agree. I can't quite say that I can't blame Eugene. I do blame Eugene. I could forgive him though. But the sabotaging the vehicles thing went a bit too far. He'd need to really do some prime redeeming for that type of behavior, especially if there was a crash. I think he missed a good opportunity to come clean after Abe fixed the ride at the church. Abe may have left the group in anger anyway, leaving Eugene behind with Rick's group, tugging at his collar and saying "heh....heheh....so.....stuffy in here.....who's up for some cribbage?"

10. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

The group will need to take his mullet. Maybe they can make a wig for Carol out of it.

11. Neuropyramidal

I did feel pretty bad for him when he fell and face planted. He really hit the ground hard. It was too hard to even be funny. And when they rolled him over and we saw his face. You'd couldn't help but feel bad at that point.

12. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Guy didn't stand a chance. He had absolutely NO self defense skills. Abe could have hit him once, just to get it out but he didn't have to keep it up. He's conveniently forgotten that it was Eugene that kept him from eating a bullet.

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I think Abe handled it pretty well...but he is a harmless little dude who is smart, so as long as he doesn't go all weird he could be useful..

#13 mtito914, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  14. Front Row

Front Row New Member

Rick kicks Carol out of the group because she tried to protect everyone by killing the two that were sick. Eugene almost kills his whole group because he wanted to protect his lie? I don't see how Rick or anyone else can forgive Eugene.

15. NoelCanSurvive

It was definitely shocking when they did it. But, no matter his conscience, I don't know if the group can ever fully trust him. Someone with his intelligence and ability to lie plus his affinity for being creepy, he's not a guy I'd turn my back on. But, things are different during the ZA.

16. Hershell Walker

it'll be one of those redemption stories for eugene. They won't kill him or kick him out of the group. They will, however, all hate him and look down on him... then there will be a situation where they all will been in deep shit and Eugene will come out of nowhere and save the crew. Boom! Eugene the big hero

17. eshlemon

eshlemon Member

Thought it was done well. Eugene had to to come clean rather than be dragged into that herd and Abe's steadfast single mindness that got them this far was becoming dangerously fatalistic. Getting pounded by Abe especially after smarter than you smugness was fun to see and would have liked Rosita kick him in the nads.

Don't feel bad at all, any more than for Father Gabriel. Feel bad for all those that lost their life because of their cowardice. Think Rick and Co will say Eugene is still their responsibility and leave fate to Abe and Rosita. If they take him on again, can't be dead weight with a free ride...learn to fight and follow all orders or die. And any more smarter than you smugness or peeping Tom better hope all he gets is another pounding.

18. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

Didn't see it coming at all, even though I read the comics. So that was great!

This episode actually made me dislike Abraham a bit. He was being a real asshole to the group when he wanted to go through that massive herd. He didn't even listen to reason. The fact that Eugene lied to him from the very beginning is unforgivable.. But the way Abraham acted before his confession, not giving a sh*t about anything Rosita, Glenn, Maggie and Tara were saying, was ridiculous. I really wanted somebody to punch him in the face.

19. mfinley

mfinley Member

Glenn will suggest they shave Eugene's head as punishment.

20. Cat'sMeow

Cat'sMeow Member

I enjoyed it, except for watching him get punched in the face. Ouch. Anyways I mainly think he confessed to not be drug through the herd and less about breaking up the fight between the mini group. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one but I could be wrong, it does fit in with his survival tactics though. Still can't get over how they could have all died on the bus, thankfully Glenn had to ditch the cursed Orange Back Pack because of it!