Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene's Confession

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by The Samurai, Nov 10, 2014.

1. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

If they can blow away walkers with a water hose, what do u think a big truck would have done? Abe was right, they could have just steamrolled the entire group of walkers like a hot knife going through butter.. It's as if the walkers are made out of paper mache these days..

#21 mtito914, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  2. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

The fire truck stopped working twice already, that's why they were stranded on the middle of the road when they picked up the horrible scent. Even if they'd be able to take out all those Walkers with the fire hose (which I highly doubt - there were a lot of them), the chance of that truck breaking down right in the middle of that herd, was too big. There's no logic reason for Abraham to want everybody to get in that truck and continue down that road, Eugene included. That would've been a HUGE risk...

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Die Eugene Die!

4. Chrissy Skitt

Chrissy Skitt Member

To be honest I liked how Eugene announced it all, I honestly felt sorry for him. I think Rick will hate him for a brief time but he will think about it and possibly change is mind and keep him in th group. But I feel that he should have said something when he was at the church instead of destroying the Bus.

5. offrope

offrope Active Member

In the beginning, the group took care of Carol when she was pretty much useless. They also took care of Beth when her only skill was babysitting. They will take care of Eugene, too, but I can see where they'll be plenty pissed at him for a while.

6. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I just find the whole story line laughable. Me as a person, I'm like a dog with a bone if I want to know something and if someone came along claiming a cure I'd be at them every chance I got about it asking for an explanation. If one wasn't forth coming I'd be calling BS on them.

Given how far they are into this new world and what they have been through the group sort of has a 'trust no one new' policy. Yet along comes a mullet hair tubby guy saying he has a cure and they just take it at face value. Not only that but 2 of the group following his plan to go to DC (is it DC sorry I'm not American) leaving the people they actually trust.

His revelations and their shock at it was a bit of a 'I feel I'm watching the dumbest set of people' moment.

As of now he adds nothing to the show and unless he grows to be useful his story arc seems over.

7. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah it was really shocking, and I am sure if the others hadn't stepped in, he would have killed Eugene.

I was glad that despite their anger at Eugene, they didn't just all go ballistic on him...

8. CheesyBirdMess

You bring up an interesting point!. For Abraham the mission was his life and reason for continuing on. He had nothing else to live for - and it appeared he was losing at the end of the episode anyway with it being such a struggle to reach the point and get started on the mission, and having it be so difficult.

So maybe now he can realize there are other things to live for.

I remember last season Tara said:

"I get the whole gung ho, mission is your life bullshit....What do you do when the mission's over?"

and there was no response from Abe then, it'll be interesting for him to find a new lifes mission and place going forward.

9. CheesyBirdMess

I love the sound of this! He needs to become MacGyver!

10. CheesyBirdMess

Yeah I can see both Abe and Rick telling Eugene he has to learn to protect himself and the group, or become an asset in some other way.

I remember back when Tara had that convo with Rick, he said "Glenn told me you saved his life" and she replied "He saved mine" and the ender was "That's how it works with us"... so it appears to be the consensus of their group these days.

11. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I think his confession was pretty good. I don't know how will others react to that, but they'll have to deal with it. Eugene is not worthless. They could use his knowledge about stuff and thangs.

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think he already has done this with the Fire Hose on the Walkers.
    I don't think he knew they would just disintegrate on contact with the water but he certainly used what they had in front of them and no one else seemed to think of this.

I still want him dead but I can see how he could be useful at times too.

13. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

At least Eugene had the common decency to admit to it now. If he was truly evil or sick, he would have kept right on going.

I don't like the fact that people died b/c of his lie, but it could have been even worse.

14. Bathing Anthony

When Glenn first met eugesitaham his mind was all set on finding his wife. He simply didn't care about the whole cure thing. When Maggie joined she trusted Glenn's assessment, no need to ask. In the box car, Sasha's question was answered well enough and could even be argued to waste time and focus if you're trying to escape and make weapons.

Also, once the ZA goes down, all you believed in -- like, you know, dead people stay dead -- no longer holds. it's hard to wrap your head around all that so you decide to ignore it and focus on the task at hand. Get water, get food, find wifey. I'd probably do the same since I get easily overwhelmed... Stupid, yeah maybe, but I think it's not inconceivable they never really questioned the story.

I never did when I read the comics. Maybe because I wanted to believe, just like Abe. You could tell from his shoulder movement in the last scene alone how glad he was to get a new mission. (Brilliant moment, IMHO)... Not to forget his convo with Tara others already have mentioned.

15. rumbaboi25

rumbaboi25 New Member

Speaking of last season...did Eugene shoot out the gas tank on the armored vehicle intentionally, then? Like he got nervous about their group growing, and tried to sabotage the vehicle to reduce potential casualties?

16. Ricky Grimes

Ricky Grimes New Member

I feel like I expected it in a way. Half-way through the episode I went outside to take my dog out and I started thinking about if Eugene was just manipulating them just to keep himself alive. I came back to the episode and it's seems that's exactly what played out. I'm not mad at Eugene. He was extremely smart for having that though processing; his ultimate motive was to keep himself alive and it worked. It's one of the smartest techiques I've seen in the show for survival but now it's gonna be hard to really ever trust any new people that approach the group (*cough* Gabriel *cough*). I think he'll still be a part of Abe's group because he really did save his life. Abe was ready to commit suicide until Eugene came along and gave him hope. That hope was enough motivation to keep him going and help Eugene complete his mission. Although, now I'm not sure how Abe will deal with this because now, he literally has nothing to live for since that's what kept him going. Eugene will definitely encounter many trust issues with the group (if he even makes it alive after those killer punches.). I don't feel like Rick would be surprised due to the fact he was never really on board with the fact of going to DC. He'll be mad but I don't believe it's enough for him to want to kill him. Since Eugene really wasn't a threat to his group, he probably won't do anything major, I don't even think he'll perform a banishment. Rick's goals really are just to survive instead of finding a cure. But Rick can be unpredictable at times, so I'm not even completely sure what he will do.

17. CheesyBirdMess

Yeah I think that he probably did deliberately do it!

Just checking out the transcript for the episode, and where Eugene admits things:

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Ok, gonna re watch tonight.

19. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yep, this episode made me like Abe less rather than more. I liked him better in the comics.

20. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Have to give props to the actor. Falling flat on your face like a sack of potatoes is one of the hardest things for actors to do convincingly and he really sold it.