Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene's Confession

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by The Samurai, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I actually felt like that was a prop dummy lol.

2. rustybag

rustybag Member

I did feel bad for Eugene & I have to agree with @Sammy01 that someone, somewhere should have verified a few facts. They have been through way too much with too many types of people to go for blind following. I also like Abe even less now, when he was beating the crap out of Eugene it made me feel sort of sick. How do we even know that all of those people who they said died didn't do so as a result of Abe not using his head, by not listening to reason & marching them into herds of walkers or going on suicide missions in the middle of the night. Abe didn't really seem to know how to think things through and it looked to me like he bullied people into doing what he wanted.

3. Neuropyramidal

Agreed, and really I think its premature to even say that they died because of him. We don't really know what would have happened. If they had all stayed in Texas, every last one of them might be dead, including Abraham and Rosita. No way to know. In part, I think its unfair to blame those deaths on him, since you've got to travel and scavenge no matter what anyway. Depending on how the deaths went down, that is.

Yes

4. Neuropyramidal

True, we don't know how those death's went down. Abraham's often inability to stay cool under pressure sounds like a likely candidate. He was about to send them on a suicide mission without even a plan before Eugene confessed. He even said "I don't mean we have to go straight!" The road's straight, what did that even mean? They were going to zig-zag the fire truck through the mud and around the barns?

5. eshlemon

eshlemon Member

Good bringing up Tara. Think Eugene see's his situation similar to Tara's and part of why he opened up to her on bus. If Rick group let prison attack outsider into the family, Rick & Co won't exile or kill him. Railroad tunnel and fire truck could be good enough to get sponsored by Tara, Glenn, and Maggie. Rosita appears to like mullet enough...has to hope Abe finds his inner Tyreese.

6. joeyboy

joeyboy New Member

Surprised me, I thought they'd leave it until the mid season finale and it make it an even bigger reveal. Thought it was done well enough though.

Only thing for me is how anyone could have gone on with his BS? I sort of get Abraham, guy is a bit of a musclehead and since he was about to kill himself before he met Eugene, this is his purpose, he probably didn't want to question it. But even if you believed the guy had this zombie cure, despite not even giving a decent back story about being a government scientist, you'd want him to tell you or write it down? It's not a matter of belief, but if he's saying he's discovered some crucial information which scientists at DC need, what if he dies en-route? What if he's bit, just gets ill naturally, is hit by a car, anything. I'd believe the guy enough if he said it was too complex for me to remember, but I'd damn well loot some paper and a pen/pencil and get him to write his workings down, probably a couple of times, so a few of us had copies.

7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I can't see how anyone would have ever believed Eugene could have been the savior. He's such a loser. Makes me dislike Abraham for being so stupid. I've never read the comics so I don't know what's coming next, but I couldn't care less if Eugene is written out of the show. I want to see Rick's group hook up with Carol and Beth again. Hopefully tonight.

8. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

Exactly. The group was way too gullible with this. I'm glad there was at least one smart person to at least call Eugene out on it (Sasha).

9. Screaminleeman

I disagree. While I do not read the comics, it was made perfectly clear when Abe, Rosita and Eugene first appeared in the season four that they had done exactly this.

What I think needs to be explained is "who" were they "communicating" with in D.C. about this whole "save the earth" mission. It was made to sound as though they were in contact with what was posing as the federal government after departing Houston right up to like a week or so before finding Tara and Glen.

If the feds couldn't validate Eugene for the team leaving Houston, who should Abraham have turned to for verification then?

10. rustybag

rustybag Member

I meant Rick & crew shouldn't have been blindly following, but yeah that would apply to Abe and whoever he was running with as well. Yes there was no one to officially verify Eugene's story, no telephones or means of communication (all the more reason to be able to call his bluff, actually), so it appears they were trusting Eugene based on what he was telling them, which to me never really came across as that credible or particularly believeable. Anyone could put him in the hot seat & question him and see he was bulls***ing, though (they still should have asked who is in Washington, how does Eugene know they are still there, how will they save the world..Rick also knew back in season 2 Washington had fallen so why would he believe anything of importance was there now). It gave Abe a reason to go on after his family died, so maybe he really needed to believe the "saving the world" stuff whether it was nonsense or not. Maybe he didn't want to see the truth. I don't know....

#50 rustybag, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I also don't blame Abe for knocking him senseless. Especially since he got several people killed in their quest.