Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene's "smarter" comment to Abe......

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by runcornwalker, Nov 12, 2014.

1. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

I get the impression that eugene's "i'm still smarter than you" comment was what drove abe to knock 7 bells out of eugene than his actual deceit. What do you guys think

2. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I think Abraham would have punch him anyway, just probably yelled a bit more first. But that line just really pushed him over the edge into 'rage mode'.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I laughed at that line because it's so true too. They've been trying to get the guy to Washington now for a couple of years and all he gives them is an extremely sketchy description of what he's going to do. And to make matters even worse, along the way Eugene has been doing things to delay them, like shooting up the truck last season. Yet, they never caught the clue train.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Eugene has poor social skills; when he was explaining why he lied about a cure he honestly told Abraham what he thought about him. Saying "I'm sorry", or "I was leading us to a safe place" would have been more tactful. I would've punched Eugene just for saying that, too.

5. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

He is not smart enough to keep his mouth shut!

6. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

he's pretty dumb for a smart guy. just a shot in the dark, but if you come clean about a huge lie it's probably not the best idea in the world to tell someone that they are dumb as well. you may want to apologize instead. just a thought.

7. AngelCastiel

AngelCastiel Member

Some people think he's autistic. There's a thread here somewhere about it.

8. NoelCanSurvive

We all know that common sense doesn't automatically coincide with book smarts. He was about to get murdered for that comment. Lucky that someone had compassion for him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

He goes and confesses his heart out about the stuff he's done, looking genuinely scared and upset, and he has the nerve to say he's smarter than Abraham at the end? I would have punched him for that comment too.

10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It looks like when Eugene gets all worked up his brain-mouth filter disengages. Once he was on a roll, he just couldn't stop.

11. Fan

Fan Member

This. He has very few social skills.

12. Claimed

Claimed Member

I'm pretty sure that played a huge part in Abraham beating the crap out of him. At first he had a look on his face that showed he was trying to accept it all. I mean the past 2 years he thought there was a cure. He thought the world could go back to normal. It was all the hope that he had. Then Eugene tells him there's no cure. He was basically telling him there really is no hope. And Abraham, much like seeing his family dead, was struggling to accept that.
    I think he would have beat Eugene anyway just not as badly or at the very least been extremely verbally abusive to him. After that line I think all of his depression, sorrow, and loss of hope turned into pure rage.

13. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I think with that statement Eugene proved book smarts doesn't necessarily make you smarter than those around you if you lack commonsense.

14. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Eugene didn't stand a chance after he revealed his lie. Maybe he thought Tara would save him from a beat down, but no.

15. Jato

Jato Member

Eugene's logic was probably, "I'm smarter than you" = "I'm still an asset" not "You're dumb".
    I don't think he said it to insult Abraham, it's just his social skills are abysmal.

16. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Personally, I think Eugene thought he deserved a beating for all the lies, because he never tried to duck Abraham's punches. He just stood there and took it until Abraham beat him unconscious.

17. LA snapper

LA snapper Member

Smarter maybe but not a better fighter lbvs.

18. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I'd have lost it on him after that comment, do. In fact I would have most likely lashed out like a certain character in the game did and just shot him.

19. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Abe lashed out because he realized the truth of Euguene's remark. It would have been too difficult to beat himself up.

20. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Scary thing is he is still smarter than all of the group.