Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Everybody was barely there

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by Joshua, Feb 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Joshua

Joshua Member

There was barely anybody in this episode from what I've seen! Where was half of the cast?

2. Howard33

Howard33 Member

Went out for pizza? Running game on Carol?

3. Greyone

Greyone Member

I am beginning to seriously wonder at the experience level/skill of the writers of this show. The episode was solid, but that's due primarily to the actors. Content-wise, these shows barely cover any ground. Tonight's episode picks up a week later and barely covers a single day. In some hour long dramas so much is delivered. At this rate, TWD would need to have as many episodes as there are comic books to even begin to tell a complete story...

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I actually liked what they covered in this episode. I thought it did a lot for Shane and Rick and ate it up!

5. boutte

boutte Active Member

I agree with Greyone. I loved this episode but they need to step up the pace.

6. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

My sister was getting mad the whole time and I wasn't sure why. Then I realized at the end of the show that there was absolutely no Daryl lol How could I have not noticed?

You're right about all the characters not being in it. Where was Hershel? This was kind of an episode for him it seemed and he wasn't in it at all?

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Yah... that part sucked. But next week looks fabulous with Daryl.

8. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

I can't wait! I wonder why he's being so tough on the dude though?

Hopefully next week all of the characters will be back.

9. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

It isn't about every character having screen time, it is sometimes best to deal with the issues at hand. Which this episode started to do with Shane and Rick. Also there was plenty of walkers.

10. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I loved Rick's triple walker kill! That was awesome!

11. Navygunz75

Navygunz75 Member

The show just wasn't the same without the intensity that T-Dog brings...:zombies_confused:

12. slw2082

bahahaha!! lol, that was funny!!! :zombies_lol:

13. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

oh...hrm.... I thought I saw him standing in the background looking intense once.

14. boutte

boutte Active Member

LOL!! I think that's my favorite kill so far.

15. Greyone

Greyone Member

The problem is, there is NO explanation as to what the others are doing in all the hours they go unseen. The farm is a small place (relatively) and there's only 14 people. Where the heck is Carl? Lori's doing all the talking to Andrea and has NO idea where her son is for the past 2-3hrs.

Cut scenes simply showing the others would just keep the story plausible. What with the earlier budget talks maybe this is how they save?

16. slw2082

You are assuming Lori doesn't know where Carl is just because they don't show it.
    I think we can use our imaginations to figure out that they were doing chores and other things that need to be done. I think it is very plausible to think they were doing chores, keeping watch, and Lori asked Dale as she so often does to keep an eye on Carl.

17. Greyone

Greyone Member

Hmmm, slw2082...(rubbing chin thoughtfully)...I don't know- 14 people on a farm during the ZA. Two on a known mission afield. Glenn obviously close (Andrea spies him walking by with Maggie) but doesn't return with her when Maggie is given the news that something is obviously not right up to the farm house (they could have at least shown him looking concerned in the kitchen when Maggie is sent down by Andrea).

For the life of me I can't imagine what "chores and other things that need to be done" there might be? So far away that none of the others show whatsoever? No one even wanders up for lunch or a glass of water. Again, we're in the midst of the ZA. If I'm in a hot zone it's SOP that we all check in every hour on the hour or sooner. Given your way of reasoning the others are overran by zombies and it's a good while before anyone even wonders where they are.

I'm not taking the show apart, but this thread is about the fact less than half the cast was in the episode. Given the fact the living world is comprised of 14 people on a farm it does beg questions.

18. slw2082

I seem to be thinking that this episode was over a shorter period of time than what you are thinking. Maybe that is where the disagreement is coming in. I was thinking we are only looking at a half-hour to an hour when dealing with the situation on the farm. There would be plenty of chores to be done. I am just saying by the lunch that was on the plate. Someone had to catch, clean, and butcher the chicken and pick the cucumbers. Plus someone has to be on lookout. But I do agree that Glenn could have come back and been standing off to the side.

19. slw2082

And I am talking about when Andrea and Lori were fighting that someone (besides Andrea) would be on lookout.

20. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

from what i gathered the rest of season two will be at the farm. im guessing the season finale is when its overrun. so dont worry about the pace it will pick up season three. if you havent noticed the beginning of each season starts with a fast pace and alot of movement and the second half is more developmental and stationary. so far im satisfied even tho the lack of characters kinda sucked there was a ton of walker action.