Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ezekiel's tumor

Discussion in 'Episode 1005 - What It Always Is' started by DavidDavidaon, Nov 4, 2019.

1. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

So, what do you think will happen?
    It's definitely treatable and possibly curable, X-ray generators aren't too hard to make and that would work for radiotherapy; although there may be the issue of severe radiation burns, or there is the option of surgery; the only issue would be an anaesthetic, however most hospitals would have had plenty of general (inhalational) anaesthetic in storage. They have enough to power their radios, so powering an anaesthetic machine shouldn't be too hard, or they could go old school and use a rag soaked in diethyl ether suspended in a 'cage' over the nose and mouth.
    After all thyroid cancer will kill him eventually, surgery or radiotherapy would give him a fighting chance.

So, do you think they'll try and save Zeke?

#1 DavidDavidaon, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I was thinking the same. However, after either X-ray therapy or thyroidectomy he will need medication forever. Might be tough finding. Before someone mentions outdated meds; a long term study made by the Army determined no degradation in effacy of pill or capsule form meds except those sensitive to light, if stored properly.

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Once again, all I know is that I want to be in your group when the apocalypse comes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes, my doc told me the same for medicine in pill form.

5. DavidDavidaon

You could probably get by without levothyroxine after a thyroidectomy. The side effects wouldn't be to pleasant (chronic fatigue, low mood, lack of motivation, excessive sleep) but it wouldn't be fatal; unlike untreated cancer, though it would likely lower life expectancy.
    However if they were to raid a pharmaceutical plant that produced levothyroxine Zeke would likely be set for life.
    I've always wondered why they haven't raided a pharma production plant, I guess it would make things 'too easy' story wise.

I've also always wondered why certain people weren't given (turn of the 20th century) medical training. Sure a whole lot more people would die when in surgery but a few poorly trained surgeons would save more lives than would otherwise be lost. Its not like they have a lack of bodies to practice surgery on, just grab a walker and chop off its fingers and remove its jaw and you have a 'living cadaver' to operate on. Fresher the better I guess.

#5 DavidDavidaon, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I want to be in either @mistertrouble189 or @Neuropyramidal group because they remember everybody's names and apocalypse or no apocalypse good manners are always welcome :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DavidDavidaon

Guess you would hate the Whisperers then. Alpha is too lazy to bother remembering her own name, never mind the names of everyone else.
    Not to mention the whole "it rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again" madness.
    Derailing my own thread here but there are much better methods of camoflague rather than a skin suit. I would have expected Daryl to have made a Ghillie suit by now, they make you practically invisible so long as you stay still, I had plenty of fun with one in my early/mid teenage years up at the local golf course lying down in the rough with an air horn near certain holes, it was well worth the week I spent making it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Either Ezekiel is going to sacrifice himself for the rest of the group while fighting the Whisperers, or his story will be part of the first half of next season. I could see them using his illness as their reason for going to the Commonwealth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. walkon

walkon Active Member

The thing I always wondered about is all these rotting bodies and the teeth and gums stay strong enough to rip and tear flesh. How does this happen? Funny the things you think of while setting in the dental chair. . . .

• Funny Funny x 1